SivarBoy

Failed Drug test at Medical

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I admitted smoking marijuana during my medical exam, the doctor wanted me to take a drug test which I was pretty confident that I was going to pass, I failed the drug test for marijuana use. She referred me to a psychiatrist which made me take another drug test, which I assume I passed because he never scheduled another appointment with him. I went to my visa appointment at the embassy after I went to my Psychiatrist appointment, the vice consul was very nice to me and told me that they didn't have any record of my medical exams and ask me what happened, I told him what happened and he said that everything was fine and he would have approved the visa if he had the medicals from both the Dr. I went on the first place and the psych I had to go because I tested positive during the first examination. My question is:

Does any of you know what happens in my particular case?

Please abstain from answering if you are going to provide an offensive answer.

We had to wait 18 months to get our case passed and reviewed before we could proceed with any of the medical tests and the appointment at the embassy.

I'm from El Salvador

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Usually if you test positive for drugs you are required to undergo one year of drug testing and counseling. Then, if you pass the one year drug free, you can apply for the visa.

Timeline

Usually if you test positive for drugs you are required to undergo one year of drug testing and counseling. Then, if you pass the one year drug free, you can apply for the visa.

Even if you pass the Psychiatrist tests with his required drug test?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The clinic might feel that they are doing you a favor by sitting on your med and not showing the embassy that you did drugs. Maybe they are hinting to see the psych and get a clean bill of health so they can send the embassy good news instead of bad.

I'm just speculating here, but if this is what they are doing, it will only slow you down a few months, whereas a failed drug test will slow you down a whole year.

Timeline

The clinic might feel that they are doing you a favor by sitting on your med and not showing the embassy that you did drugs. Maybe they are hinting to see the psych and get a clean bill of health so they can send the embassy good news instead of bad.

I'm just speculating here, but if this is what they are doing, it will only slow you down a few months, whereas a failed drug test will slow you down a whole year.

Many thanks for your reply, that's what the Dr. told me, because... I have no criminal record, never had any drugs or psychological problems, we have a beautiful daughter and I think that's what motivated them to refer me to a psychiatrist, he was very nice and understood that I have no drug abuse record, maybe they will use his word to proceed with the medical exams. At least that's what I hope so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many thanks for your reply, that's what the Dr. told me, because... I have no criminal record, never had any drugs or psychological problems, we have a beautiful daughter and I think that's what motivated them to refer me to a psychiatrist, he was very nice and understood that I have no drug abuse record, maybe they will use his word to proceed with the medical exams. At least that's what I hope so.

I have known of people who admitted during medical they use pot and they passed. So pray for a good report. Wishing you the best.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I have known of people who admitted during medical they use pot and they passed. So pray for a good report. Wishing you the best.

Thank you for giving me hope and for being nice enough to take your time and answer my questions, I was devastated to think that I will lose one more year of my daughter's life. but your answers have provided me with hope and that's the most important thing!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you for giving me hope and for being nice enough to take your time and answer my questions, I was devastated to think that I will lose one more year of my daughter's life. but your answers have provided me with hope and that's the most important thing!

Oh my goodness don't make me cry now. :cry:

What I have seen is those who are honest like you were with doctor and said yes I have used (or used) you aren't concealing anything.

My friend he went to medical and he really was abstaining 3 months prior but was honest and said I did use daily up to 3 months ago test were positive but he passed the medical. I believe because he was honest like you. :thumbs:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Oh my goodness don't make me cry now. :cry:

What I have seen is those who are honest like you were with doctor and said yes I have used (or used) you aren't concealing anything.

My friend he went to medical and he really was abstaining 3 months prior but was honest and said I did use daily up to 3 months ago test were positive but he passed the medical. I believe because he was honest like you. :thumbs:

thank you for being so nice, believe me I thank you! ♥

Timeline

I still haven't received any answer from the Dr.'s office, they still have my passport at the embassy, I've been tracking everything but no answer, I had my appointment with the psychyatrist more than 20 days ago, don't know what else. Hope we get everything approved and everything goes as it has to go

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I just received a call from the dr's office and they told me I have to start a treatment with her on thursday, does anybody knows what is that all about?

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.