orimai

Federal Government Immigration Initiatives

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Who are you considering the "oppressed" to be exactly?

Again, that's community-organizer jargon and I don't 'get' it fully. Apparently it's those who are denied Social Justice and who have been given a Raw Deal by the fates and life in general. It seems to be an excuse for redistribution of wealth; aka: government-sanctioned theft.

Again, that's community-organizer jargon and I don't 'get' it fully. Apparently it's those who are denied Social Justice and who have been given a Raw Deal by the fates and life in general. It seems to be an excuse for redistribution of wealth; aka: government-sanctioned theft.

Aren't we being denied justice? So us VJers are "oppressed," yes?

Filed: Timeline

Of course; I was being ironic and using buzzwords the preznit loves to throw around. He, who'd much rather have illegals waltz right in than 'allowing' citizens to bring their families in in an orderly, timely, non-humiliating fashion. Welcome to the upside-down O'bama world. :ranting:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What baffles me is people that chirp about how grateful they are that they went through this ghastly immigration process to get the benefits of citizenship, and how it keeps out others who are undesirable.

Nothing could be further from the truth. This process acts as a barrier to decent people whilst MILLIONS of illegals just march across the border. Days for them, no fees, no invasive interrogations about everything you have ever done in your life, the work you did, where you've lived, official copies of every damned document they can think of, medical requirements, and for Filipinos they even require a stupid class they have to take where they learn about how awful American husbands can be. You make one tiny mistake like my wife writing the letter "n" not quite clearly enough on a piece of paper - that cost us months of extra time and in other cases you can get denied altogether for some arbitrary and capricious reason. Ten year ban for saying something not true whereas an illegal can commit the crime of illegal entry and is allowed to stay.

There are drug gang thugs who have committed murder that have not only been let in, but the feds are paying amazing amounts of money for their food, shelter, and medical treatment. Whereas if you admit to having taken one puff of a joint in high school - you may not get in at all.

The only thing that can help is elimination of the barriers we legal immigrants face. It took more than a YEAR to finally get them to give us a damn fingerprint appointment, and they already had her fingerprints. They claimed they "expire" in six months - as if people grew new fingers with different prints. Just eliminating the requirement that only the immigration people can take fingerprints - that would have saved us many, many months of anxiety and frustration. We had to get a congressional investigation started just to contact the Anchorage office that takes the fingerprints!

That is the one strategy that has a potential for success. Not suing in court. But demonstrations by legal immigrants holding signs that say "What about us?" or "Double Standard", "Punish Legals, Reward Illegals" and etc. in order to get the process of legal immigration simplified for those who are actually following the law.

Edited by rlogan

What baffles me is people that chirp about how grateful they are that they went through this ghastly immigration process to get the benefits of citizenship, and how it keeps out others who are undesirable.

Nothing could be further from the truth. This process acts as a barrier to decent people whilst MILLIONS of illegals just march across the border. Days for them, no fees, no invasive interrogations about everything you have ever done in your life, the work you did, where you've lived, official copies of every damned document they can think of, medical requirements, and for Filipinos they even require a stupid class they have to take where they learn about how awful American husbands can be. You make one tiny mistake like my wife writing the letter "n" not quite clearly enough on a piece of paper - that cost us months of extra time and in other cases you can get denied altogether for some arbitrary and capricious reason. Ten year ban for saying something not true whereas an illegal can commit the crime of illegal entry and is allowed to stay.

There are drug gang thugs who have committed murder that have not only been let in, but the feds are paying amazing amounts of money for their food, shelter, and medical treatment. Whereas if you admit to having taken one puff of a joint in high school - you may not get in at all.

The only thing that can help is elimination of the barriers we legal immigrants face. It took more than a YEAR to finally get them to give us a damn fingerprint appointment, and they already had her fingerprints. They claimed they "expire" in six months - as if people grew new fingers with different prints. Just eliminating the requirement that only the immigration people can take fingerprints - that would have saved us many, many months of anxiety and frustration. We had to get a congressional investigation started just to contact the Anchorage office that takes the fingerprints!

That is the one strategy that has a potential for success. Not suing in court. But demonstrations by legal immigrants holding signs that say "What about us?" or "Double Standard", "Punish Legals, Reward Illegals" and etc. in order to get the process of legal immigration simplified for those who are actually following the law.

How do you propose we demonstrate? I'm working 40 hours a week to make sure I meet the poverty line limit to bring my husband here legally. I have a proposal for you guys. I will start it in a new thread.

Well said.

Look forward to reading this.

How do you propose we demonstrate? I'm working 40 hours a week to make sure I meet the poverty line limit to bring my husband here legally. I have a proposal for you guys. I will start it in a new thread.

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Just wanted to provide a status update. Also wanted to let those of you know how much I appreciate your responses, it is encouraging. Seems hard to find people who will stand up and do what is right so your courage is commendable. If possible, please spread the word about this thread.

I've been in contact with 8 law offices. To this point, 3 have responded and said they only deal with immediate family immigration issues and are not equipped or experienced enough to handle the scope of this case. Starting next week I plan to contact my state bar and attempt to track down/make inquiries from a more competent and ambitious firm.

Thank you all for the support!

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

March 1 2010 - N-400

well said

One small footnote. The class requirement "CFO" is a requirement of the Philippine Govt not the US

and wait for the short bus liberals to tell you it's ok, becuse the South of the border illegals had to endure hardships to get here LOL

Just wanted to provide a status update. Also wanted to let those of you know how much I appreciate your responses, it is encouraging. Seems hard to find people who will stand up and do what is right so your courage is commendable. If possible, please spread the word about this thread.

I've been in contact with 8 law offices. To this point, 3 have responded and said they only deal with immediate family immigration issues and are not equipped or experienced enough to handle the scope of this case. Starting next week I plan to contact my state bar and attempt to track down/make inquiries from a more competent and ambitious firm.

Thank you all for the support!

Good luck. I mean it. Unless you have deep pockets, most attorneys wouldn't touch this. Suing the federal government in a case where you do not have any clear standing -- what is the harm YOU have suffered by the actions of the government? -- is a fool's errand. Even if you could overcome any issues relating to sovereign immunity and lack of standing, you would need to be prepared to be paying a LOT of money for this. Any attorney who could reasonably handle such an action would need to be at the top of their game -- we're talking at least $300-500 per hour. You'd need a sizeable retainer up front, because in a case like this an attorney wouldn't even countenance taking it on contingency -- are there likely to be any monetary damages, and if so, would they be sizeable enough to warrant working on contingency?

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I'm a realist. As rlogan said, working to improve the system for legal immigration is more likely to show results that impact the processes for people on here. Unfortunately, since USCIS is a user-funded system, this is likely to mean greater fees. There is a strong argument to be made for greater efficiencies and the abolition of duplicative BS like biometrics at the ROC and N-400 stages. But litigation is almost certainly a non-starter, unless you really like giving money to lawyers.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all. This is as good a time as ever to update this thread considering recent developments. I've not stopped searching and pursuing this despite the lack of updates. It is more challenging to locate a firm than I anticipated. I did go on the air today to speak on the radio and push this topic a bit more. I've drummed up interest from a firm and will be speaking to them on the matter shortly after Thanksgiving. Keep the faith and hang in there! Tell people that you know what is going on and spread the word please.

Thank you all!

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

March 1 2010 - N-400

your case is different than most vjers. your situation, imo, is just as urgent as families on the verge of separation over deportation. the trick is getting america angry and demanding action on the 'regular' visa application. seems pretty hard to do, because no one is 'getting anything for free' or 'illegal', there's no reason for the majority of america to care..