jc1

Planning for port of entry

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did a few searches and I didn't find much info on how to deal with the port of entry once my fiancee has her visa.

It's likely that her flight itinerary will include a few stops on her way to get to me in Phoenix, AZ. Some questions:

1. Is there any reason to be selective about her port of entry?
  2. Should I be there when she arrives, even though the POE may be relatively far from me? I'm happy to to fly out to wherever her POE is, if it helps. On my return trip from visiting her in the Philippines, I flew from Manila to Vancouver, then to Seattle and finally Phoenix. If that were her flight, I'm assuming her POE would be Seattle.
  3. Any other factors I should consider?

Thanks for any help!

Her POE would be when she first enters the US. I believe some places, have pre clearance, meaning that she would be processed before entering the US, I don't remember if Vancouver was one of them. In any case, if there are layovers, just get them with enough time in between for processing.

For example, if she will fly to Los Angeles, then to Phoenix, POE would be done in LA and the Phoenix flight should be in a couple of hours. I'm not sure how long processing takes because some airports are busier than others, but you just want to make sure there is enough time between flights.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

She will do POE in the first stop on US Land, its not necess to be with her there but make sure she4 has enough time between the flights so she wont be stressed out, even if she looses her conection us will put her in another flight for her destination without extra pay

K1/K2 Visa
05-28-2014 - I-129F Sent
06-09-2014 - I-129F NOA1
10-27-2014 - I-129F NOA2
12-05-2014 - NVC Received
12-08-2014 - Left NVC 
12-12-2014 - Consulate Received
12-15-2014 - Pack 3 Received

01-08-2015 - Interview Date APPROVED!!!!!
01-11-2015 - Visa Received
01-16-2015 - US Entry
03-25-2015 - Marriage

AOS

08-28-2015 - AOS pack sent in 00-00-20__ - I-751 Sent
08-31-2015 - NOA for all 3 packs received via email
09-29-2015 - Bio Appt
11-27-2015 - Approval (No interview)
12-03-2015- Green card received

ROC

10-04-2017- I-751 sent

10-16-2017- NOA 1

11-14-2017 - Bio. Appt.

2 extension letters received 

03-06-2019 - RFE

06-15-2019 - requested a passport stamp/approved 

06-18-2019 - 10 years green card approved (no interview)

USC

07-05-2019 - N400 sent online

07-06-2019 - Noa 1

07-25-2019 - Bio.Appt

VrQDm4.pngAMMkm4.png wFiZm4.pngz6nxm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can find the ports of entry here > http://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports

There are also reviews for POEs here on VJ, if you are looking to research which one might be better to use > http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Working & Traveling During US Immigration - topic is travel ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did a few searches and I didn't find much info on how to deal with the port of entry once my fiancee has her visa.

It's likely that her flight itinerary will include a few stops on her way to get to me in Phoenix, AZ. Some questions:

1. Is there any reason to be selective about her port of entry?
  2. Should I be there when she arrives, even though the POE may be relatively far from me? I'm happy to to fly out to wherever her POE is, if it helps. On my return trip from visiting her in the Philippines, I flew from Manila to Vancouver, then to Seattle and finally Phoenix. If that were her flight, I'm assuming her POE would be Seattle.
  3. Any other factors I should consider?

Thanks for any help!

CBP lists Vancouver as a preclearance location , I believe they will take the DO NOT OPEN envelope there (POE). There will be customs agents there to assist your fiancee so don't stress.

http://www.cbp.gov/tags/locate-port

Preclearance offers a convenience to travelers arriving in the U.S. by completing all customs, immigration and agriculture inspections prior to arriving at a U.S. port of entry. When pre-cleared passengers arrive in the U.S., they can use domestic terminals and/or connect to their domestic flights without further processing.

No you do not need to be there, besides, you would not be allowed to entry that area.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.