Cachoo

Green Card differences

15 posts in this topic

hello everyone,

I received and also my younger child, a Green Card at the same date.

My other daughter, who's older, came 6 months after us and therefore hasn't received her GC yet because they delayed her file in the Embassy and lost it in the US too.

When we file the 10 years GC, do I have to file only for myself and my youger daughter or can I also add my older one?

What happens if I'm divorced after the 10 years (we do not get along at all), will it delay my citizenship application and make my older daughter wait more also since the K1 visa is only 3 years.

Not get along but still lay low for green cards for whole family?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Nancy you don't know my life so if you have an answer instead of judging that would be nice ok?

I never intended to come live here ok?

I am in a point of no return and have a business that is employing many people.

And never would have ever thought this would turn that way!

Oh by the way, I told him so I'm not faking anything!

Yes honest people still exists in this world!

ROC when you are clearly intending to divorce is fraud. Divorce and roc with waiver. There is no such thing laying low until everything finish!

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

ROC when you are clearly intending to divorce is fraud. Divorce and roc with waiver. There is no such thing laying low until everything finish!

Go tell that to a woman who's being abused!!!! When a woman left everything!!! I hope you have a better life than mine!

In the meantime I don't need anyone to tell me what I should or shouldn't do!!

I never did come here on purpose to have a visa fraud! YOU are the one accusing me of doing so!

Some people do it on purpose to divorce when they have their GC, not me!

So if you prefer to judge go judge someone who deserves it, not me!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go tell that to a woman who's being abused!!!! When a woman left everything!!! I hope you have a better life than mine!

In the meantime I don't need anyone to tell me what I should or shouldn't do!!

I never did come here on purpose to have a visa fraud! YOU are the one accusing me of doing so!

Some people do it on purpose to divorce when they have their GC, not me!

So if you prefer to judge go judge someone who deserves it, not me!

Nancy doesn't say you committed fraud, she said you would commit fraud if you intent to file ROC jointly then divorce (and you clearly think about divorcing right now as you stated.) Do the right way, divorce now and file ROC with waiver. If you don't want advices, please don't ask and got mad when you gets an answer which doesn't please you. Edited by Nga&John

Filed: Timeline

You have to fill ROC.

You think about getting divorced.

Filling ROC jointly (with the USC) while thinking about divorce is fraud.

Do it the right way.

Divorce and then fill the ROC alone.

And you must remember than getting citizenship in 3 years will be out of the question when you divorce (since you have to be married to the same USC for the whole time).

So you willl have to wait 5 years to qualify for US citizenship.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you are being abused and have proof of the abuse then you have the option to file l751 based in extreme cruelty . To file based in extreme cruelty you don't need to be divorced,and if approved based on the ground I mentioned then you can applyply for citizenship in 3years,but your kids just in 5years.

As many people said here filing l751 and planning to divorce after is fraud .

If you are being abused your kids safety and your safety should come first .

Thank you Sandranj

My kids and I are safe it's mentally abuse and it's really disgusting to be told I'm laying low! I wish to no one to have that kind of relationship and then to be told I shouldn't get mad just because someone assumes I'm not pleased by the answer! And of course, the person disappeared without any excuses!!!!

Just disgusting! Not only you're the victim but on top of that you are blamed!

As you know mental abuse cannot be proved!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can assure you that mental abuse can be proved . It.can be proved in divorce cases and immigration cases as well.HOw ? Attending therapy and having a psychological evaluation done,and you are wrong sAying "we are safe",mental abuse sometimes can be more devastated than physical abuse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Removing my comment.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We should recognize there are humans with mental disorders called "Personality Disorders". It is estimated some 10% of DV allegations are false often coming from persons afflicted with Personality Disorders, bipolar etc. These false allegations are damaging to the innocent, waste millions of dollars of precious limited support resources, and lead to fraudulent claims for VAWA, assistance, food stamps etc. These people are expert liars and will stop at nothing to selfishly attain their goals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_disorder

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/personality-disorder

http://psychcentral.com/personality/

I've treated them professionally, and I've succumbed to one or two on a personal level.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

We should recognize there are humans with mental disorders called "Personality Disorders". It is estimated some 10% of DV allegations are false often coming from persons afflicted with Personality Disorders, bipolar etc. These false allegations are damaging to the innocent, waste millions of dollars of precious limited support resources, and lead to fraudulent claims for VAWA, assistance, food stamps etc. These people are expert liars and will stop at nothing to selfishly attain their goals.

I've treated them professionally, and I've succumbed to one or two on a personal level.

I've already been a victim of one for 6 years!

My husband is not like that, more a controlling freak and jealous. BUT it's still not taking care at all to get angry at anything.

What's funny is that since I told him I wanted to divorce, he became very nice to me. So I'll see how this all goes. Now it's peaceful in the house! What a relief!

• Narcissistic Personality Disorder. People with narcissistic personality have an exaggerated sense of self-importance, are absorbed by fantasies of unlimited success, and seek constant attention. The narcissistic personality is oversensitive to failure and often complains of multiple somatic symptoms. Prone to extreme mood swings between self-admiration and insecurity, these people tend to exploit interpersonal relationships.

TThat's the relationship I was into and it was 6 years of hell!!! This one cannot be cured at all!! It's deeply ingrained in the person! Those persons cannot change because they blame the partner they are with. I made a blog on that of those 6 years to help others.

MMy husband is not like that. He's sometimes like that :

• Paranoid Personality Disorder. The essential feature for this type of personality disorder is interpreting the actions of others as deliberately threatening or demeaning. People with paranoid personality disorder are untrusting, unforgiving, and prone to angry or aggressive outbursts without justification because they perceive others as unfaithful, disloyal, condescending or deceitful. This type of person may also be jealous, guarded, secretive, and scheming, and may appear to be emotionally “cold” or excessively serious.

Removing my comment.

I could read your comment from my email. I respect your not wanting to leave it here but I want to thank you for your answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.