madhavisri0618

No NOA2-Almost 10 months. did anyone of you came across this situation?? Very much frustrated!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I am not sure how to express my pain. me and my fiance have been waiting each and every day to see our NOA2. its almost 10 months now. I am worried that what is causing it to take so long for our noa2 approval. Can I know if it took this long for anyone for getting their approval?

NOA1 date is JAn-03-2014. We were hoping to get the approval after the normal processing times around 7 months but as dint get it, we raised an SR and got the response "Pending Adjudication". my fiance contacted Michigan Senator and we got the response as "TSC is processing the case, it is in pending security checks, it is internal processing and we have no influence over it". we raised another SR and got the same response as "Pending Adjudication". we have been calling USCIS.

This is so much pain waiting continuously without knowing how much more time it would take for us to get the approval. here is our journey. fellow visa journey members responses appreciated.

My Fiance (Petitioner):

Born in USA. he was there for only 8 months as his parents are working as doctors in UK, they went back to UK and my fiance completed his education in London. he used to visit USA once in a while along with his family to visit his relatives.

In 2008 he went to US in search of a job in software field as per his cousins suggestion and started working and living there since then.

Me(Beneficiary):

I am from India. completed my graduation in India and went to USA to pursue higher education in 2008. I completed my masters and started working there since 2010 november. I filed my work permit(H1) and after a year and a half, filed for extension and got denied in june 2013 saying that there is some issues with my first H1(related to the old employer I worked with) and it has been revoked and suggested that I can file for a new H1 in 2014. I came back to India as I don't want to stay there out of status. my family was looking for a suitable matches from the beginning of 2013.

Our Meet:

We met each other through family tie ups. we are the origin of same country, religion and caste. we have many friends and relatives in common. my fiance's direct cousin approached my sister and they left it to us exchanging our details with our permission. we then started talking on skype, chat and phones from september 2013 we talked for about a month and thought strongly that its time to meet in person and make a decision so my fiance came to India on october 17th 2013 to meet me for about 15 days.

We spent a best quality time with each other and fell in love eventually. we talked and discussed about many things about future very clearly . we found that the chemistry between us worked so well and there is intellectual attraction along with the physical attraction and wanted to grow that lovely feeling that emerged between us so we gave a green signal to our parents and everyone both sides were very happy with the decision and we got engaged on october 26th 2013. He left to US after a week and filed the K1 on December 27th 2013 and are eagerly waiting since then to get the K1 and start a new life together.

My fiance visited me during Christmas holidays for 10 days last year and then he visted me in April for 18 days and then in August for about a month. It is really becoming very difficult for us being apart. really not sure where this processing is holded up.

Few Questions:

When my fiance spoke to Uscis, they said that may be the security checks are getting delayed because both of us lived in different countries so it might get delayed. as my fiance was in UK then he started living in US since 2008.

I have a personal feeling that my previous denial of H1 visa might causing any delay?

or is there a less time frame since we met and got engaged?

Thank you so much for your time and response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there. So sorry to hear of the delays and the hardships it can bring. I will keep you all in thoughts and prayers. I don't think it has to do with you both living in different countries. I think they may be looking into your petition that did not work out. Keep being persistent and don't give up. I'm hoping that approval comes this upcoming month for you all!

Timeline

I guess e-Request is the same as service request?

I will ask my fiance to contact congressmen of michigan. when we got no useful response from the senator we are disappointed and not sure of we can get any help from congressmen as the senator clearly said its the internal process and they have no influence over it.

Thanks for your response!

did you try to file a e-request online to review the case, as its out of its normal processing times?

Also your petitioner should try to get his congressmen involved.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I can't believe they are not doing anything. I don't understand why the background checks at TSC take so long. The CSC goes through petitions quickly, I wonder if they even do background checks there. Everyone should start demanding them to work faster on the petitions, and do another transfer to CSC. I am sorry you are having to wait that long, so unjust.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I can't believe they are not doing anything. I don't understand why the background checks at TSC take so long. The CSC goes through petitions quickly, I wonder if they even do background checks there. Everyone should start demanding them to work faster on the petitions, and do another transfer to CSC. I am sorry you are having to wait that long, so unjust.

Background checks are not done by USCIS. They are done by FBI. Unfortunately sometimes they take a long time to complete. We were stuck in security check for a while. But eventually after numerous congressional inquires, we got our NOA2.

I would definitely recommend to get your congressperson involved.

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Timeline

Background checks are not done by USCIS. They are done by FBI. Unfortunately sometimes they take a long time to complete. We were stuck in security check for a while. But eventually after numerous congressional inquires, we got our NOA2.

I would definitely recommend to get your congressperson involved.

My fiance contacted senator but the response is they don't have any influence on this and security checks are going on.

we spoke to tier2 today and they say there is nothing they can do as it is dependent on the information moving from the agencies and governments involved.

Yeah as you suggested we would be contacting congressman today but not sure if they could do something either.

This is the most toughest phase in the life!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.