Humdy

no feedback since 1 August

12 posts in this topic

First of all hello everybody.

My fiance applied for k-1 visa on 1 August and since then we have heard nothing coz of this he sent a second application on September 19 we havent heard anything no NOA1 or anything. He called them and asked about it and they said there is a slow down and they are just starting June`s application but when I see website there people hear about NOA1 in just a week even in this month.... What could wrong about our application I am really worried.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmm, does seem a long time without NOA1. I did mine back in the spring and got NOA1 really fast (like under a week).

I guess the first questions I have are

- Where did you send it?

- did you include the form for receiving electronic notification?

- Did you get tracking when you mailed the application?

- Did they receive payment (i.e. cash the check?)

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Hmm, does seem a long time without NOA1. I did mine back in the spring and got NOA1 really fast (like under a week).

I guess the first questions I have are

- Where did you send it?

- did you include the form for receiving electronic notification?

- Did you get tracking when you mailed the application?

- Did they receive payment (i.e. cash the check?)

We sent it to Texas, and yes we included the receiving electronic notification we got a tracking number when mailed it and the package was picked and they havent cash the check, we sent 2 application first check we canceled it since we didnt hear anything about it.

Timeline

That is so weird! First I would double check you got the address correct. This is where I sent mine:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

With the tracking, by picked, do you mean delivered? I was able to see on tracking that it was delivered and signed for.

If you have that, I would call USCIS again.. I never had an issue like this, and I don't know if they will be willing to give any information... but you could ask them to re-issue the I797-C? I would definitely call back and push again for it. I wonder when you called the first time if they confused your request with status on NOA2... because then June makes a bit more sense (5 months)

K-1 Visa Timeline

That is so weird! First I would double check you got the address correct. This is where I sent mine:

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

With the tracking, by picked, do you mean delivered? I was able to see on tracking that it was delivered and signed for.

If you have that, I would call USCIS again.. I never had an issue like this, and I don't know if they will be willing to give any information... but you could ask them to re-issue the I797-C? I would definitely call back and push again for it. I wonder when you called the first time if they confused your request with status on NOA2... because then June makes a bit more sense (5 months)

September 19, 2014 , 5:00 am

Delivered

DALLAS, TX 75266

Here what I got on tracking page, We will try to call today again, I truly dont what to do.....

Timeline

Is you do a search on here for "missing NOA1" there are some others that had a similar issue as this.

Sorry, wish there was an easier answer. I would be so frustrated too! Definitely call them again. I would maybe just call with the request to re-issue the I-797C and when they ask what the file number is say you don't have it. I think they can look things up if you have the name and DOB for the beneficiary and the petitioner.

Hope they can give you some answers.

K-1 Visa Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Call USCIS and ask to speak with a Tier 2 Rep. The Tier 1 will need to gather your information -- but you don't have a receipt number so it'll be complicated, hopefully they can actually transfer you (I don't see why not). Tier 1 reps are useless, and you never ... ever... ever want to speak with them. They provide a ton of misinformation and they cannot provide you with any information you cannot find out online. Tier 2 reps are the ones who have half a clue as to what is going on, and can actually assist you with your specific case.

They will offer to have an officer call you back within a few days or the option to hold. Choose to hold. This will be a long wait (several hours). Once they transfer you and you're on hold, the electronic system will give you the option to have a "call back" service. Opt into this service. The call back service will call you back once your place in line is up in the next few minutes. You can hang up the phone and go about your day. Remember: you will not lose your place in line with the call back service.

Once you're speaking with a Tier 2 officer, explain to him or her that you've sent your I-129F in twice with the check. The first check was cancelled due to the fact that you never received your I-797C (aka Notice of Action or NoA1), and your second one you sent was marked as delivered over a month ago via the postal service, and tell them the address you mailed it to; also tell them that the check has not been cashed. Explain that this is the second application which was apparently lost and you're concerned. See if they can either locate your petition, or at least put in a request to locate it.

Hopefully you get some answers. The electronic system is notoriously unreliable, if you're not getting e-notifications always call, and once you have your NoA1 you'll have a receipt number to check on your status.

Good Luck!

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Call USCIS and ask to speak with a Tier 2 Rep. The Tier 1 will need to gather your information -- but you don't have a receipt number so it'll be complicated, hopefully they can actually transfer you (I don't see why not). Tier 1 reps are useless, and you never ... ever... ever want to speak with them. They provide a ton of misinformation and they cannot provide you with any information you cannot find out online. Tier 2 reps are the ones who have half a clue as to what is going on, and can actually assist you with your specific case.

They will offer to have an officer call you back within a few days or the option to hold. Choose to hold. This will be a long wait (several hours). Once they transfer you and you're on hold, the electronic system will give you the option to have a "call back" service. Opt into this service. The call back service will call you back once your place in line is up in the next few minutes. You can hang up the phone and go about your day. Remember: you will not lose your place in line with the call back service.

Once you're speaking with a Tier 2 officer, explain to him or her that you've sent your I-129F in twice with the check. The first check was cancelled due to the fact that you never received your I-797C (aka Notice of Action or NoA1), and your second one you sent was marked as delivered over a month ago via the postal service, and tell them the address you mailed it to; also tell them that the check has not been cashed. Explain that this is the second application which was apparently lost and you're concerned. See if they can either locate your petition, or at least put in a request to locate it.

Hopefully you get some answers. The electronic system is notoriously unreliable, if you're not getting e-notifications always call, and once you have your NoA1 you'll have a receipt number to check on your status.

Good Luck!

We called them lady said if we sent a tracked mail and if it says its there it means it is on process and right now they are just processing september applications I dont understand I am telling my fiance there is something wrong with it but he thinks all fine I am actually worried....

Timeline

We called them lady said if we sent a tracked mail and if it says its there it means it is on process and right now they are just processing september applications I dont understand I am telling my fiance there is something wrong with it but he thinks all fine I am actually worried....

Sounds to me like they're backlogged, that happens frequently to every USCIS SC. Don't worry too much and give it another couple of weeks. If you don't hear anything in a month, then call again. Based on how many other people are making posts about a similar issue, I'd say they were likely sent to the same USCIS SC, so worry a little less, if you can.

Good luck!

Edited by d3adc0d3

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Sounds to me like they're backlogged, that happens frequently to every USCIS SC. Don't worry too much and give it another couple of weeks. If you don't hear anything in a month, then call again. Based on how many other people are making posts about a similar issue, I'd say they were likely sent to the same USCIS SC, so worry a little less, if you can.

Good luck!

Thank you for answer maybe its true but we sent in August also lets say its lost coz we didnt send it tracable and second application on september 19th and I see people on this website sent in october and got answered in a week that what makes me worried but I pray everything goes well...

Timeline

Thank you for answer maybe its true but we sent in August also lets say its lost coz we didnt send it tracable and second application on september 19th and I see people on this website sent in october and got answered in a week that what makes me worried but I pray everything goes well...

Their petitions may have been sent to another service center which is processing faster. Where in the US is the US Citizen located?

Useful Links:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.