chocoboom

Report of Marriage in Los Angeles Philippine Consulate

34 posts in this topic

Things are more fun .. in the Philippines ;)

Yes, but thank God my wife is here with me in US now. If one just knew ahead of time who to bribe the whole thing could get done sooner. I have never seen a more corrupt government than the Philippines. Of course if you know your way around that can be a great benefit... :devil: hahaha

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, but thank God my wife is here with me in US now. If one just knew ahead of time who to bribe the whole thing could get done sooner. I have never seen a more corrupt government than the Philippines. Of course if you know your way around that can be a great benefit... :devil: hahaha

Ya but there is much to enjoy about the Phils too...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Whoops! I stand corrected. I thought all the photos were the same size. But of course as I know the Philippines, they have all of their own ridiculous requirements. Have you ever noticed that their relular size and legal size paper is different in size than ours? Metric, I guess...

Yeah, at first I was confused but Philippine passport size is really 1.77”X 1.37” while regular passport size when taking it here in US is 2"x2" because that's what they require. :) I guess I'll just have to edit and cut out the photos myself to comply with the Philippine Consulate requirements. :P

monet.declaro, on 20 Oct 2014 - 1:28 PM, said:

Okay, got it. Although do they do international passport photos? The requirements are different than the passport photos Walmart usually takes which is always 2x2. I'll ask them too. Thank you for the reply!

Separate photos.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

David & Zoila, on 21 Oct 2014 - 9:55 PM, said:

Well, I tend to agree with you but if you sit long enough and ponder our government we just disguise our bribes differently. All governments are corrupt including the US of A.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

So did you have your photos taken already? I'm about to go to the Philippine Consulate for the ROM on Friday. I was also wondering where I can have my photos taken, since here in the US when they say passport photos the dimensions would be 2 in x 2 in, different from that required of the Philippine Consulate.

So did you have your photos taken already? I'm about to go to the Philippine Consulate for the ROM on Friday. I was also wondering where I can have my photos taken, since here in the US when they say passport photos the dimensions would be 2 in x 2 in, different from that required of the Philippine Consulate.

No, I haven't gone yet. I was supposed to go today but I haven't printed the photos yet. I'll probably go next week. What I'll do is to just scan a good 2 in x 2 in photo or just take a photo of me and the hubby and then just use online tools to get the Philippine Passport Photo requirements. Here's two of the websites I'm currently planning to use for the photos: https://www.epassportphoto.com and http://passport-pictures.com/

But if you do decide to go this Friday to the Los Angeles Philippine Consulate for the ROM, would you let me know if they do take passport photos with white background for the ROM there? Or if you are able to take it elsewhere? Feel free to let me know here~ Thank you! I appreciate it! :)

Thanks for the links. Will check them out. I saw this thread here in VJ, and if I'm not mistaken, there's actually a place near the Philippine Consulate in LA that takes photos. But this is way back in 2010. I'm checking out Yelp reviews if I could get some useful information as well.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248284-tips-on-reporting-marriage-renewing-passport-at-the-same-time-in-the-us/?p=7302720

Will update you once I'm done on Friday. :)

Thanks for the links. Will check them out. I saw this thread here in VJ, and if I'm not mistaken, there's actually a place near the Philippine Consulate in LA that takes photos. But this is way back in 2010. I'm checking out Yelp reviews if I could get some useful information as well.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248284-tips-on-reporting-marriage-renewing-passport-at-the-same-time-in-the-us/?p=7302720

Will update you once I'm done on Friday. :)

Okay, thank you! I appreciate it. :)

Done with ROM, renewal of passport, and registration for absentee voting. Took me about an hour. Folks at the Consulate were efficient and friendly.

There's a room on the same floor down the hallway where you can get your photos taken. $12 per 4 pieces. Just tell the Manong you need photos for ROM. They cut the photo to the required size. Also, make 5 copies of your birth and marriage certificate (instead of 4) if you are also applying for a passport. If you have those ready before you go to the Consulate, you will only have to make a copy of the approved ROM form with the Consulate seal. 50 cents per copy, which you can also get from the photo shop.

Edited by M and C

Done with ROM, renewal of passport, and registration for absentee voting. Took me about an hour. Folks at the Consulate were efficient and friendly.

There's a room on the same floor down the hallway where you can get your photos taken. $12 per 4 pieces. Just tell the Manong you need photos for ROM. They cut the photo to the required size. Also, make 5 copies of your birth and marriage certificate (instead of 4) if you are also applying for a passport. If you have those ready before you go to the Consulate, you will only have to make a copy of the approved ROM form with the Consulate seal. 50 cents per copy, which you can also get from the photo shop.

Nice! Thank you so much! Your information really helped. I appreciate it! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.