awe-Inspiring

Fiancé K1 visa for 17years old Fiancé-US Embassy Islamabad

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I search to find the answer for my query but haven't got a perfect and correct answer yet, I request VJ members to help me get the right answer.

My fiancé is 17 years old in Pakistan and i'm going to file for her K1 visa petition BUT before doing that I want to make sure i'm on the right path and just dont want to waste the time. Is she going to be eligible for the K1 visa if she is not yet 18 years. I live in California and in order to get married in CA the person who is under 18 years must have a written consent from one of the parents or the legal guardian , so that is fine with us as we will be getting married in california , but I just want to know if her age is going to be a problem in getting approved for K1 fiancé visa in US embassy Islamabad. Also what is the difference of time period in approval for K1 and CR1.

Thanks and Waiting,

Regards-

Raaza

No I did not , so you think I should directly talk to the embassy. Are there any topic about fiancé visa age requirement in any forum?

no ,, u don,t u must ask from embassy ,, also look it up US law ,, becoz u will submit petition at USCIS ,, at us law 21 years old must ,, and as i know pakistain law 18 years old allow for married ,, .. before file submit think about ,, its not short process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I haven't seen any topics recently about it but for the best answer I would email the embassy. I had a question for them and received a very informative response the next day. So just to make sure you get the best answer I would ask the embassy directly since they are the ones who will process her application. Uscis just checks if you have all appropriate documents. Islamabad looks at the details and makes the decision about whether to give a visa or not. And I bet other people have been in this same situation as well so they will be able to tell you what the procedure is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I search to find the answer for my query but haven't got a perfect and correct answer yet, I request VJ members to help me get the right answer.

My fiancé is 17 years old in Pakistan and i'm going to file for her K1 visa petition BUT before doing that I want to make sure i'm on the right path and just dont want to waste the time. Is she going to be eligible for the K1 visa if she is not yet 18 years. I live in California and in order to get married in CA the person who is under 18 years must have a written consent from one of the parents or the legal guardian , so that is fine with us as we will be getting married in california , but I just want to know if her age is going to be a problem in getting approved for K1 fiancé visa in US embassy Islamabad. Also what is the difference of time period in approval for K1 and CR1.

Thanks and Waiting,

Regards-

Raaza

Check with the state you'll be living in.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

no ,, u don,t u must ask from embassy ,, also look it up US law ,, becoz u will submit petition at USCIS ,, at us law 21 years old must ,, and as i know pakistain law 18 years old allow for married ,, .. before file submit think about ,, its not short process

Khankhanoo7,

Corrections, under Pakistan Law the minimum age to marry is 16 not 18, and in US law you have to be 21 years old in order to file for any kind of petitions for immigration benefits. I just want to clarify if there be any law about K1 under 18 years of age.

Good Luck,

You need parental consent to apply for K-1 and parental consent to get married.

Is there any template for parental consent form, and is this to be attached to K1 application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just have her father write a letter stating that he approves of her getting married to you. When is her birthday? Any chance she will turn 18 before she gets the visa?

Her age at the time of getting the visa is irrelevant. She must be free and legally able to marry when the I-129F petition is submitted.

RAAZ, have you met this girl in person in the last two years?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Her age isn't irrelevant. And if her parents approve now, then she is legally free to marry. And if she turns 18 before they actually get married, then they don't need any consent when they actually go to get married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What I meant is this: if her parents give consent and the embassy accepts this, then as long as she is over the minimum age (which is apparently 16 in Pakistan), then whether she is 17 or 18 at the time of marriage won't make a difference. However, if she cannot/does not get parental consent thinking that she will be 18 by the time she gets married and therefore won't need it, that's not true because it goes by your status at the time of filing the petition, not whenever the visa is approved.

The other issue to take into account is even if she gets parental consent for the K-1 visa, if she tries to get married under 18 in a US state that doesn't allow it, I'm not sure if that consent will be accepted in the US. That's something that the OP needs to research beforehand.

Her age isn't irrelevant. And if her parents approve now, then she is legally free to marry. And if she turns 18 before they actually get married, then they don't need any consent when they actually go to get married.

No.

You have to be free and legally able to marry at the time of filing the petition.

If she isn't old enough to file the petition then they cannot file.

Either have to get consent, or wait until she is old enough before they file.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.