imcomingyo

DV visa refused 212(g) due to short period of support

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My father had his visa interview today,he paid the fees,we waited for some time and then our names were called. My father got asked a few questions and everything was going perfectly fine, but in the end he was given a letter showing the refusal. What was written there was exactly this: Sponsor (name surname) is offering only 3 months of support which is not sufficient to overcome the provisions of INA 212a4. Sponsors must either offer support without limit OR (then it is explained the section Need a new sponsor). Anyway when we have the new Affidavit filled, how is the sponsor supposed to fill the section I intend... . If you could suggest something that'd be great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The sponsor can write something like 'should the XXXX family fall into times of need I intend to offer assistance to keep them from requiring the use of government monies that their status makes them ineligible for "

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I think this will be useful, this is extract from my country's embassy web page but I think will be same for you,

"A completed I-134 Affidavit of

Support Form with original signature will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s
ability to be financially responsible for you. You should also submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S.
Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating
salaries and bank statements may be included to substantiate the I-134. Form I-134 is available at
Have you any bank statements? How long time they gave you to bring new sponsors documents?

Timeline

The problem wasn't in the money it was in the sponsor trying to use verbage to limit the period they are responsible. They need to be on the hook until the document no longer applies Which is an odd requirement because the I134 isn't enforeable.

Thanks for your answers. Our sponsor called my father and told him he had mailed the new form and from what I heard he had written this: I will provide anything necessary for at least two years until they find jobs. This seems like it will pass, but I would appreciate your opinion. I can't believe we're getting a refusal from this type of problem. At least luck is on our side that this is just the beginning of the fiscal year.

Thanks for your answers. Our sponsor called my father and told him he had mailed the new form and from what I heard he had written this: I will provide anything necessary for at least two years until they find jobs. This seems like it will pass, but I would appreciate your opinion. I can't believe we're getting a refusal from this type of problem. At least luck is on our side that this is just the beginning of the fiscal year.

I think it's better if the sponsor does not mention a specific time duration.

If the CO wanted without limit, mentioning a time frame IMO is going to get the same result again...

Timeline

Your sponsor can't alter the terms that are part of the form. HE is trying to do this and he can't. Have him read the terms and understand the terms.

I was thinking about this post and something occurred to me. You say " I can't believe we're getting a refusal from this type of problem." I am sure you are aware that the CO needs to be sure you won't become a public charge if you immigrate. Clearly your family is not able to provide such proof on its own. So that's a pretty unfair statement for you to make.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yeah, at least they didn't flat out refuse your visa. I mean they put your application on pending yeah?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I will agree with mom, and say rather not put a time frame, he can just say he will provide board and room as long as its necessary, why is that person jeopardizing your visa .....?

If hes really willing to help, he better do it properly, my self I had an affidavit, where he wrote "will give 750 usd for 4 months.

I threw it away!

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

I was thinking about this post and something occurred to me. You say " I can't believe we're getting a refusal from this type of problem." I am sure you are aware that the CO needs to be sure you won't become a public charge if you immigrate. Clearly your family is not able to provide such proof on its own. So that's a pretty unfair statement for you to make.

I completely understand what you are saying. I had no intention on saying whether the CO was right or not, and I fully understand his actions. I said that because in my mind this was the least possible thing from which we would get refused due to the fact that my father considers our sponsor very capable when it comes to such matters.

I will agree with mom, and say rather not put a time frame, he can just say he will provide board and room as long as its necessary, why is that person jeopardizing your visa .....?

If hes really willing to help, he better do it properly, my self I had an affidavit, where he wrote "will give 750 usd for 4 months.

I threw it away!

We're now expecting the new forms on which the sponsor told me that he had written this : Support without limit until they find jobs . I don't know what will happen next. If this doesn't work as well, we will find someone else.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I completely understand what you are saying. I had no intention on saying whether the CO was right or not, and I fully understand his actions. I said that because in my mind this was the least possible thing from which we would get refused due to the fact that my father considers our sponsor very capable when it comes to such matters.

We're now expecting the new forms on which the sponsor told me that he had written this : Support without limit until they find jobs . I don't know what will happen next. If this doesn't work as well, we will find someone else.

I guess thats sounds better than, few monthd, so getting a job means you can stand up on your feet .... so it makes it up to the " until necessary" ... good luck bud Edited by vladek15425

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.