ppihtr123

I-751 November 2014 Filers

1,118 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Everyone i have a question.

So my attorney reschedulled my i751 interview twice and my 3rd time will be on feb 22nd 2016.

After paying him 700 for his day to fly to Pittsburgh from philly plus i pad over 600 dollar plane ticket that he never came in the first time... he decided to let us know that he will be with us over the phone 5 days before the interview... :((

Can this be possible over the phone ?? While we are in the interview??

??? So you have an attorney but due to his schedule you had to reschedule your interviews three times while your case is pending since Nov 2014? What kind of attorney does not make himself ready for his client's interview? Do you really think his service is worth your money? I don't think if I understood your question correctly but how is he going to connect to your interview via telephone? How is field office going to prove his identity and let him speak to the agent? It could be anyone over the phone.

??? So you have an attorney but due to his schedule you had to reschedule your interviews three times while your case is pending since Nov 2014? What kind of attorney does not make himself ready for his client's interview? Do you really think his service is worth your money? I don't think if I understood your question correctly but how is he going to connect to your interview via telephone? How is field office going to prove his identity and let him speak to the agent? It could be anyone over the phone.

He suddenly said he has issues with his eye and reschedulled twice and i even lost 615 dollar plane ticket that he never took.

Then now 3rd time is a charm he callef 5 days prior the interview and said o i cant be on a plane because of my medical issue. He said that he sent a letter to the office requesting to be there over the phone and they approved.

Im with you that he is a horrible lawyer but i gave him too much money that he doesnt want to return. By saying i can still be over the phone

Edited by Uaooo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

He suddenly said he has issues with his eye and reschedulled twice and i even lost 615 dollar plane ticket that he never took.

Then now 3rd time is a charm he callef 5 days prior the interview and said o i cant be on a plane because of my medical issue. He said that he sent a letter to the office requesting to be there over the phone and they approved.

Im with you that he is a horrible lawyer but i gave him too much money that he doesnt want to return. By saying i can still be over the phone.

You have my sympathy my friend. Hope your interview goes well. I guess i learned something new that an attorney can join uscis interviews via teleconference. Make sure he earns his money, i hope he wont be playing solitaire on his computer during your interview. Good luck!

Thanks .. If he didn't take all this money i would have hired another attorney.. And also time is not on my side.

You have my sympathy my friend. Hope your interview goes well. I guess i learned something new that an attorney can join uscis interviews via teleconference. Make sure he earns his money, i hope he wont be playing solitaire on his computer during your interview. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

The interview went well! but i didnt hear anything yet since feb 22nd 2016! -- here is the link to my i751 experience.. any ideas when will i hear back from them?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/587232-i-751-interview-experience-feb-2016/

Hmm, I think you should give them 6 weeks, if it all went well you shouldn't worry about it. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you that you filed back in Nov 2014, did you file for N400 so this way try to speed up the process for you?

My lawyer promised to show up after rescheduling 2 times and the 3rd time we waited for him he called 5 mins prior and said sorry i cant come so i said so what i will go without him and the IO was super nice he seperated us but asked regular quesitons and said you have 120 days to hear from us.. I didnt apply for anything until i hear from them so i dont rush them then they deny me.. So im giving immigration thier sweet time to give me my 10 year gc

Hmm, I think you should give them 6 weeks, if it all went well you shouldn't worry about it. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you that you filed back in Nov 2014, did you file for N400 so this way try to speed up the process for you?

My lawyer promised to show up after rescheduling 2 times and the 3rd time we waited for him he called 5 mins prior and said sorry i cant come so i said so what i will go without him and the IO was super nice he seperated us but asked regular quesitons and said you have 120 days to hear from us.. I didnt apply for anything until i hear from them so i dont rush them then they deny me.. So im giving immigration thier sweet time to give me my 10 year gc

It is great you are being so nice to them after they made you wait for so long. I wouldn't LOL. Also, from what the lady told you, you might wait for 3 months and I know that spring333 from the Jan filers waited about 5-7 months for his GC after the interview, so make sure that after 120 days you call and ask them what is going on and how much longer. I know they say supervisors and other people have to look at the application, too, but the IO that interviews is the one that determines your faith after all he/she knows right then and there on the spot of the interview whether the marriage is in good faith or no.

Good luck let us know when you get that precious piece of plastic LOL.

I got approved today!!!!!

Card in production :)))))

How long till i get my card and what is the next step?

Im still married so can i apply for the n400 right way ??

I am so happyyyyyy

It is great you are being so nice to them after they made you wait for so long. I wouldn't LOL. Also, from what the lady told you, you might wait for 3 months and I know that spring333 from the Jan filers waited about 5-7 months for his GC after the interview, so make sure that after 120 days you call and ask them what is going on and how much longer. I know they say supervisors and other people have to look at the application, too, but the IO that interviews is the one that determines your faith after all he/she knows right then and there on the spot of the interview whether the marriage is in good faith or no.

Good luck let us know when you get that precious piece of plastic LOL.

I am so happyyyyyy

Yes, you can apply for N400. Card can take a week, since it is already in production, lucky you:). Go ahead and fill out N400 and just wait for your GC to arrive so you can send in the whole package:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am so happyyyyyy

Congrats!

Ok i will start working on it today? Is there a tooic opened for the N400?

Thank you so much Plamjordan

Yes, you can apply for N400. Card can take a week, since it is already in production, lucky you:). Go ahead and fill out N400 and just wait for your GC to arrive so you can send in the whole package:)

Thank you :)))

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can someone show me an example of what the Resident Card one year extension looks like? I got a letter stating that I'm on a one year extension but I just can't believe that, that letter is really the extension. I thought it would be a card of a more put together/detailed letter.

Ok i will start working on it today? Is there a tooic opened for the N400?

Thank you so much Plamjordan

Thank you :)))

. congrats! I'm still waiting

O'Mara- you should receive a letter on A4 paper stating that you have 1 year extension and you are authorized to work.

If i were you i would make a photo copy and leave it in your walet or purse because this is the proof that you are legal!

this document you mainly recieve it in the early stages when u apply for the i751 then they send u this document because ur green card the 2 year one is about to expire and within the year you either get approval or interview or asking for more evidence or god forbid denial. So this letter keeps u put until they look at your file. If they decided it will take longer then u will make an infopass to get ur foreign passport stamped for another year so u can renew ur license and work

Can someone show me an example of what the Resident Card one year extension looks like? I got a letter stating that I'm on a one year extension but I just can't believe that, that letter is really the extension. I thought it would be a card of a more put together/detailed letter.

. congrats! I'm still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.