K415

AOS PART 5 - Household size

10 posts in this topic

I have uploaded the form for understanding.

PART 5: SPONSOR'S HOUSEHOLD SIZE - Item No. 3

It says that " if you are currently married, enter "1" for your spouse.

My wife is alone in US and I am in Singapore.

SO MY QUESTION IS DOES SHE HAVE TO ADD 1 IN THE FORM, SINCE SHE IS MARRIED TO ME ( BUT RIGHT NOW I AM NOT LIVING WITH HER)? - (HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.

AND IF SHE ADD 1 IN ITEM 3. THEN ITEM NO. 7(HIGHLIGHTED WITH GREEN) WILL BECOME 3 (TOTAL)

OR

THIS PART 5 IS CORRECT??

post-192904-0-39128800-1413110766_thumb.jpg

Edited by K415

How the form is now is how it supposed to be, unless she has children that don't live with her or she has previously sponsored someone before, then the household size is just the 2 of you.

This does not constitute legal advice.

How the form is now is how it supposed to be, unless she has children that don't live with her or she has previously sponsored someone before, then the household size is just the 2 of you.

Thanks a lot for reply

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi I have same case. I am the petitioner and I have daughter who live with my X-wife and I am currently sponsoring for my wife. Do I need to enter 2 only for me and my spouse or 3 for me and my daughter and wife. I do pay child support every month to my X-wife.

Thank you in advance.

You need to add your child to your form as well, so your total number would be 3 (as long as you didn't sponsor your ex wife as well.) Even if you didn't pay child support you would add your child. Even if the child lived somewhere else in the world and you never saw them, you would add your child, until the child is of the age of majority (generally speaking that is 18-21.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I agree with NLR. You have to add the child even if she doesn't live with you. You must also add anyone whom you previously sponsored for immigration and any other dependent you may have claimed on your taxes.

Hi I have same case. I am the petitioner and I have daughter who live with my X-wife and I am currently sponsoring for my wife. Do I need to enter 2 only for me and my spouse or 3 for me and my daughter and wife. I do pay child support every month to my X-wife.

Thank you in advance.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.