JohnR!

Courts Strike Down Voter ID Laws in Wisconsin and Texas

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In all certainty, answers to questions that can't be formulated in a cogent and logical manner. :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

It's one of those connundrums only the blogs can answer....

Answers to what? Problems that don't exist? Who needs them?

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm confident, that all people, no matter what the race, economic background, or infirmary can be fully accommodated to ensure no one is discouraged from voting while at the same time requiring ID to minimize fraud.

My thoughts also. What is so bad about showing an ID to vote? You need it for tobacco,alcohol,guns etc. If people are to retarded to get an ID...they should not be allowed to vote anyways.

Timeline

But not the Court's, and when it comes to law, theirs trump ours.

My thoughts also. What is so bad about showing an ID to vote? You need it for tobacco,alcohol,guns etc. If people are to retarded to get an ID...they should not be allowed to vote anyways.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

After all the proof that has been presented over the years showing that voter fraud is not a problem in this country, it's no wonder Texas is still beating this dead horse.

1f63f9a171da4de6ad5c6612e96aa494.jpg

Timeline

Quite possibly the only way to get the GnOP nubjobs elected anymore is by suppressing votes from minorities.

After all the proof that has been presented over the years showing that voter fraud is not a problem in this country, it's no wonder Texas is still beating this dead horse.

1f63f9a171da4de6ad5c6612e96aa494.jpg

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It's not a problem for Democrats, as it bolsters their base. Fair to assume you vote Democrat. :rolleyes:

Please show me one proven case of wide scale voter fraud in the US.

Please show me one proven case of wide scale voter fraud in the US.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/10/13/the-disconnect-between-voter-id-laws-and-voter-fraud/

"The thing about voter fraud isn't that it doesn't exist," Levitt told The Post on Monday. "It does exist, and all responsible observers both know and say that. The question is whether the proposed policy solution (invariably tighter ID requirements at the polls) is tailored to the problem that actually exists, and at the same time not sufficiently severe that it creates more trouble than it solves."

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/10/13/the-disconnect-between-voter-id-laws-and-voter-fraud/

"The thing about voter fraud isn't that it doesn't exist," Levitt told The Post on Monday. "It does exist, and all responsible observers both know and say that. The question is whether the proposed policy solution (invariably tighter ID requirements at the polls) is tailored to the problem that actually exists, and at the same time not sufficiently severe that it creates more trouble than it solves."

The problem is so miniscule it doesn't warrant any action whatsoever.

I found the following study that was done by Arizona State University. It has an interactive database that goes back to the year 2000. You can pick and chose the state and the category of fraud you wish to look at. It really puts into perspective just how small of a problem voter fraud really is. The highest percentage of voter fraud is done by absentee ballots, something that an id law won't even affect.

http://votingrights.news21.com/interactive/election-fraud-database/

I found the following study that was done by Arizona State University. It has an interactive database that goes back to the year 2000. You can pick and chose the state and the category of fraud you wish to look at. It really puts into perspective just how small of a problem voter fraud really is. The highest percentage of voter fraud is done by absentee ballots, something that an id law won't even affect.

Oh, no argument there. Since Beer can't see my comments I responded to you. Don't want to be demonizing. :devil:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Besides, we all know that the idea behind the voter ID laws have nothing to do with fraud. It's all about legally segregating a certain group of Americans.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Besides, we all know that the idea behind the voter ID laws have nothing to do with fraud. It's all about legally segregating a certain group of Americans.

I think voter fraud is used by both parties to keep their bases preoccupied and fired up. The Democrats claim it will prevent the poor from voting and the Republicans claim it will cut down on voter fraud. Neither argument holds much water.