venchy

Financial support-k1visa haiti, please helppppp!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys!

How are you doing? I am about to return packet 3 to us embassy in p-au-p. I went to haiti messager today they said to me i have to send the financial support too, i reply to them in the letter (packet 3) that i received they do not mention that. They said to me if i return the packet without financial support they will return it back to me and it will delay my application. I want to know if there is anyone that have returned packet 3 without the financial support if its true us embassy will return it back to ask for financial support?!

Please somebody help me, this process is driving me crazy im so confused.

Any kind of help will be very appreciated.

Best regards!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every K-1 requires a financial support affidavit. Usually your fiance hands it in at the interview, but an embassy can require it to be filed in advance. I don't know specifically what this embassy requires.

At this point you already filed, so just wait and see. If they send it back, re-send it, this time with the financial, and problem solved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Haiti also requires that you submit the I-134 Affidavit of Support from your fiance. And they want it with the Packet 3 information. The people at the Haitian Messenger are right, it probably will delay your interview but this is one of those things that has to have an original signature of the petitioner from the US on it. They also want the supporting evidence - I'm not sure what the minimum amount of supporting evidence they require is. We included my letter of employment, 2 pay stubs, W2 and 1040 from 2013, a letter from my bank, and a couple screen shots of my online banking showing deposits from the last few months. I would get ahold of your fiance and have them send it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. And personally, I wouldn't attempt to submit the packet 3 without it. You might be able to submit it at the interview but you also might get denied for not providing it. I wouldn't take the chance. But whatever you decide, good luck!

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thank you so much guys, the problem is i already did the medical tests and they will give me the results tomorrow i don't know if i wait to my fiancee to send me the financial support if the results will still valid for the interview. I do not know what to do at this point. How long does it take to get the financial support?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

The letter states that the medical has to be done AT LEAST two weeks before the interview. That means it can be done more than 2 weeks before the packet is submitted. You should be fine if your fiance mails the papers in the next day or so

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am waiting for packet 3 but just read my fiancé needs the original affidavit of support form. My question is how do I mail him some thing? I feel like I would have to go and hand deliver it to him but also am planning to go to the interview so that would be a lot of time off in a short period and a lot of $$ for plane tickets. Any help would be appreciated :)

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

I've mailed a number of letters to Haiti using USPS. The longest it took to deliver was one month and the shortest got there in 2 weeks. You could do that or you could look into FedEx or DHL but those are definitely more expensive but quicker and I believe more reliable once they leave the US. And you're right, he's going to need the original Affidavit and it would be nice to hand it to him but if you can't, mailing it does work. I'd just mail it as soon as you can.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thank you so much guys, the problem is i already did the medical tests and they will give me the results tomorrow i don't know if i wait to my fiancee to send me the financial support if the results will still valid for the interview. I do not know what to do at this point. How long does it take to get the financial support?

Yes, you do need the affidavit of support when submitting the packet3. My hubby did dropped off everything and 4 days later. He received the interview date. If you don't send everything it will delay your interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.