13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How can this be?

We check our mail everyday!

We have already recieved mail from CIS before it was transfered to CSC.

Bu we never recieved anything from CSC confirming the transfer!!!

I know they have it because its been touched several times.

How can they not have our correct address??

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Undeliverable document filed.

On January 22, 2007, the post office returned your document as undeliverable. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address.

WHAT COULD IT BE?

Hopefully not our trasfer notice!! it was transfered in October :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Um...ever consider calling the number and seeing what address they have on file? There are other reasons for mail being undeliverable as well.

I went on a month long vacation and my nephew did not pick up the mail everyday and the box got full and I had an NOA returned as undeliverable.

I know of several other things it COULD be. I would check with the local postmaster and call the number given.

t

How can this be?

We check our mail everyday!

We have already recieved mail from CIS before it was transfered to CSC.

Bu we never recieved anything from CSC confirming the transfer!!!

I know they have it because its been touched several times.

How can they not have our correct address??

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Undeliverable document filed.

On January 22, 2007, the post office returned your document as undeliverable. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address.

WHAT COULD IT BE?

Hopefully not our trasfer notice!! it was transfered in October :(

Timeline

Hi,

Yea we called the number right away!

They hopefully have it sorted now? It was touched againt he next day. Hopefully that means it was resent?

I just wonder what it could be. We already went through the request for evidence.

Anyway just cross my fingers and hope "whatever it is" gets here soon.

We never recieved a transfer notice when it was transfered to CSC. So who knows?

Just sick of waiting, and now this!

There are alot of other people going through other difficult situations with regards to there visa issues!

Good luck to all of you.

Marko_Az

Filed: Timeline

You need to put your name on your mailbox and also talk to your mail person and tell them you are expecting mail from USCIS... you may also want to make an infopass appointment to make sure your mail is being resent... calling the 0800 number is not very helpful as they are not USCIS officers and all they can do is send a message to the service center dealing with your case asking for it to be resent... Your local office will be able to talk to the person who is dealing with your case and get things sorted out for you...

Good Luck

Kez

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

What if you can't put your name on your mailbox? My husband and I live in condos/apts right now and we can't put our name on it because 1. we don't own the mailbox 2. there's no room - just the apt #.

Not that I really believe the mail people look at the name anyway -- when I lived with my parents in NY, we got other people's mail all the time--as in, stuff for the previous owners who hadn't lived there in 10 yrs.

You need to put your name on your mailbox and also talk to your mail person and tell them you are expecting mail from USCIS... you may also want to make an infopass appointment to make sure your mail is being resent... calling the 0800 number is not very helpful as they are not USCIS officers and all they can do is send a message to the service center dealing with your case asking for it to be resent... Your local office will be able to talk to the person who is dealing with your case and get things sorted out for you...

Good Luck

Kez

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only have a number on my mail box. The post office has a form that you can fill out identifying all the members of the household who are resident and are to receive mail at that address for there files. My mailperson was proactive and provided me that form to fill out shortly after I moved in.....

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

I too live in a condo building I put my name on the inside of the mailbox.... I was told to do this by USCIS when my greencard was not delivered and I went to infopass appointment to sort it out after wasting 2 months calling the 0800 number... I spoke to our mail person and he told me that some mail from USCIS say it is not to be forwarded and to deliver to adressee only so if there is no name on your mailbox it will be returned....

Just trying to help

Kez

Edited by Niagaenola

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I have the same problem .... right after I received the NOA1 .... nothing came after that. So I called ... many times....had an infopass , had an interview ... and yet my case online is updated ... after 2 month .... as mail undeliverable. I call USCIS every week ... I missed 2 biometrics .... now I am after the interview and I can't see what my status is. I don't know what else to do .... I will go for an infopass soon ... see what they say again.

The mistake in my case .... the name of the street is too long so they dont type the last number of the apt.

Good luck .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hmm. I will have to sneak downstairs to make sure our name is in ours. (Our building is all 80 and 90 year olds and they think everything is suspicious.)

We're going to have to move in July too, and will change our address with USCIS but if they've already sent something out, it won't forward like with most mail if you have an address change in the USPS system?

I too live in a condo building I put my name on the inside of the mailbox.... I was told to do this by USCIS when my greencard was not delivered and I went to infopass appointment to sort it out after wasting 2 months calling the 0800 number... I spoke to our mail person and he told me that some mail from USCIS say it is not to be forwarded and to deliver to adressee only so if there is no name on your mailbox it will be returned....

Just trying to help

Kez

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Timeline

My name and my wifes name or both on the inside of the mailbox... we live in a townhome and all the boxes are grouped together in once place. The town home manager actually did that for us about a week after we moved in (in june)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The mistake in my case .... the name of the street is too long so they dont type the last number of the apt.

Good luck .

Same problem :) Long street name. They just ignored the second digit of our apartment number! :blink: However, our mailman always delivers our mail, because he knows us :)

Putting your name on the mailbox is a very good idea.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Marko AZ,

Our mail was returned as undeliverable. We made an INFOPASS appointment with local USCIS whom then asked for NOA1 and current ID.

We also spoke with our US Postal mail person to let them know we were expecting documents from USCIS.

BIO appointment letter was received with updated apt information, Interview letter was still missing apt information due to long address but was still delievered.

I would make an INFOPASS appointment, verify mailbox is marked correctly and speak with local mail carrier.

Sky_Cruiser

11/13/2006 - Filing Date.

11/20/2006 - NOA date for I-485.

02/01/2007 - I-485 Biometrics Appt Date.

03/15/2007 - Interview Date.

04/04/2007 - (Info Pass) Pending - name check.

05/xx/2007 - Phone Call to NSC - name check returned.

06/04/2007 - (CRIS) Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

06/04/2007 - (USCIS) Welcome to USA letter received 10 Year PRC K-1 & k-2.

06/05/2007 - (USCIS) Card production ordered.

06/11/2007 - (USCIS) 10 Year PRC received K-1 & k-2.

03/11/2010 - File for Citizenship

04/02/2012 - N-400 mailed via carrier

09/21/2012 - Oath Los Angeles - United State Citizen

AOS approved (start to finish) 7 months.

AOS approved 2 months and 20 days after AOS Interview (was in FBI name check).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

After calling the USCIS again to solve the problem with the mailing address I received a letter. It stated they researched my case . They "are actively processing it but they have to perform additional research and this has caused a longer processing time". Has anyone received this? Do you have any ideea what it means?

I am suppose to call after six monthif nothing comes by then. Will this delay the case?

Thank you very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.