Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Petitioning my daughter using Following-to-Join-Benefits

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

This is my first posting . I am excited to see a support network for people dealing with immigration issues. My husband brought me here in the U.S on a Fiance Visa last April 2012 and I am a now lawful permanent resident planning to petition my 16 year old daughter in the Philippines using the I-824 form (Following-to-Join-Benefits). Can someone please help me out with me the following information that the USCIS is requiring to submit, my question is highlighted in red :) :

- A copy of the original application on petition that you used to apply for your immigrant status. Is this the I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance) that my husband filed for my K1 visa?

- A copy of the I-797 Notice of Action for your original application or petition. Ok, I have 2 different I-797 here with me. One was when my I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance) got approved and the other is when my application to Adjust to Permanent Resident Status, I-485 got approved. Which one should I submit?

- A copy of your alien registration card or I-551. Is the alien registration card is my actual green card?

- Proof that the child meets the appropriate criteria for Following-to-Join-Benefits. What are the example proof can I submit?

And lastly, which one is better, faster and easier to file in petitioning my daughter, should I use this I-824 Following-the-Join-Benefits or should my husband which is a U.S Citizen file for her instead using I-130.

I would appreciate it very much for any information you could give me. Thanks in advance!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...