e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just called NVC and they said that they've received my case from CSC today. They haven't assigned a NVC case number yet. My Case was approved back in 9/17. 22 days passed.

Great to hear. I start calling tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just checked stauts online and our petition is in transit to KNG!!!! Actually on hold now to see when it went out and what his interview date is. Good Luck and hope for a quick turn around for everyone???

Edited by mrsgraham91

Hi Guys, after 3 weeks of approval my case has finally arrived at NVC. My noah 2 is 9/16 and NVc received on 10/9. However, (with my freak self) I tried entering my case # on the visa status page and it wont pull it up. Do you guys think its not there because it just got there and should I wait tomorrow? Thanks for your help.

Timeline

Hi Guys, after 3 weeks of approval my case has finally arrived at NVC. My noah 2 is 9/16 and NVc received on 10/9. However, (with my freak self) I tried entering my case # on the visa status page and it wont pull it up. Do you guys think its not there because it just got there and should I wait tomorrow? Thanks for your help.

Did u select immigrant or non immigrant visa? If they gave you a case number it should come up. Select immigrant visa.

Hmm. I did not try immigrant visa only non-immigrant. Will do know and ill get back. Thanks a lot

Did u select immigrant or non immigrant visa? If they gave you a case number it should come up. Select immigrant visa.

Yep. ImmigranIV it is. Thanks a lot. So for now it says at NVC. There is not much that can be done now besides gather documents correct? Can I start my ds160 and scheduele medical or na?

I have not gotten mine yet, so I am only guessing, ok?

But if you went here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx and it did not work I would try back tomorrow.

Sometimes systems especially government sites down updating at night while the workers are not in the system, this way they do not lose what the are working nor do things go BURP

Timeline

Yep. ImmigranIV it is. Thanks a lot. So for now it says at NVC. There is not much that can be done now besides gather documents correct? Can I start my ds160 and scheduele medical or na?

Have u sent ur fiancè all ur supporting docs? Yes I would startvon D160. ? Getting closer....good luck.

You can do the DS-160 now, I did ours last week, what information I did not have I filled in with dummy info and my fiancée went over it later and filled it in, just go in once a week and save, the system will keep it active for 30 days from last save, just do not click submit until it is complete and you have gone over it several time, We have gone over ours a couple of times and found a couple mistakes each time. : (

Once you have the new case number you should be able to schedule the medical, most consulates it is ok, I would verify with someone who has been through it with that consulate already.

You can do the DS-160 now, I did ours last week, what information I did not have I filled in with dummy info and my fiancée went over it later and filled it in, just go in once a week and save, the system will keep it active for 30 days from last save, just do not click submit until it is complete and you have gone over it several time, We have gone over ours a couple of times and found a couple mistakes each time. : (

Once you have the new case number you should be able to schedule the medical, most consulates it is ok, I would verify with someone who has been through it with that consulate already.

Wait. We will be getting a new case #? After application? So i cant schedule medical w/ this case number? Also, We dnt have passport in hand yet amd i believe this is needed for ds160. Can i still start it and then add the ppt #?

Wait. We will be getting a new case #? After application? So i cant schedule medical w/ this case number? Also, We dnt have passport in hand yet amd i believe this is needed for ds160. Can i still start it and then add the ppt #?

You do need the new case number for medical.

for any information that is missing, put in dummy info. and write down notes where you do this. I did it worked fine, I then had my fiancé go in and change the dummy info. for passport number use a dummy number, dates do the same, case number I used our noa1 number.

this way you have 90% or more of it done, either get the info from your fiancé and complete it or have them do it, once you get the new case number you can go back in and change it.

Once you have everything the beneficiary is supposed to be the one who clicks submit, not the petitioner.

dummy information means make something up, at this point it does not matter, you can change it later when you have all the correct information.

just make sure you save! do not click submit until everything is correct later

Thanks so much for the help. Regarding number, i think I didnt phrase my question correctly. I called nvc and received a case number from them and w this number i checked online nvc status. You are saying that i will be receiving another number after my ds160 is submitted?

Thanks so much for the help. Regarding number, i think I didnt phrase my question correctly. I called nvc and received a case number from them and w this number i checked online nvc status. You are saying that i will be receiving another number after my ds160 is submitted?

No the I misunderstood the question. the new case number that NVC gives you should be the number you need for the DS-160. I am not 100% sure here, I have not gotten my new number from NVC yet. but everything I have read says that once NVC gives you a new number that is the one you use from here forward.

Hopefully some one else can chime and verify the answer here.

in the mean time go ahead and complete the ds160 and just save.. I am sure someone here will chime in and verify the answer in the next 24 hrs or so.

as someone mentioned earlier if you have completed the financial support form, start working on it now, same for the letter of continued support for K1 visa process/intent to marry. also continuing relationship support documents if required by your consulate.

It is late for me now I have to sleep now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.