Divalicious

I did something pretty stupid..

42 posts in this topic

With regards to your next trip, you'll be fine. Perhaps have a copy of your itinerary ready to show your return ticket/details just in case.

Prior to being married, I've entered the US on holiday and visiting family once/ twice a year for short periods (every year possibly since 2003) and I've never been asked to show my itinerary. The most I've been asked about a previous trip is- when did you visit last and and do I remember how long it was for.

I wouldn't think or worry too much about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

and why should we trust you, do you have proof? Why scare someone unnecessarily?

My personal experience is the proof. I was taken to the interview room once and was interrogated for 5 hours and guess what - somehow they DID know everything I had said to passport control guys at my previous visits. What a twist, ha!

So my advise to all of you - do not underestimate Border Security. Btw, Delta does also run quick interviews with every foreign passenger before letting them on a flight to the United States, so the records can be taken even there, who knows.

Timeline

My personal experience is the proof. I was taken to the interview room once and was interrogated for 5 hours and guess what - somehow they DID know everything I had said to passport control guys at my previous visits. What a twist, ha!

So my advise to all of you - do not underestimate Border Security. Btw, Delta does also run quick interviews with every foreign passenger before letting them on a flight to the United States, so the records can be taken even there, who knows.

And one more thing, I have no intentions to scary anyone. It's a public forum and I share my POW and experience here to help other members. If you find my comments irrelevant to the topic - let it be.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

With regards to your next trip, you'll be fine. Perhaps have a copy of your itinerary ready to show your return ticket/details just in case.

Prior to being married, I've entered the US on holiday and visiting family once/ twice a year for short periods (every year possibly since 2003) and I've never been asked to show my itinerary. The most I've been asked about a previous trip is- when did you visit last and and do I remember how long it was for.

I wouldn't think or worry too much about it.

Here we see an example of the seemingly simple questions. This person entered once or twice per year not every few months. You entered to visit family members not some fake friends.

The O P will enter about 90 days after the last entry.

Not worry? What do you suggest he says when he is asked those simple questions which of course will lead to others?

Timeline

You also came from a different country where we see problems with Russia ect which causes additional attention resulting in the interrogation.

Timeline

You also came from a different country where we see problems with Russia ect which causes additional attention resulting in the interrogation.

True. My case was pretty odd, even my US attorney was a bit shocked. It also really depends on the POE

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am still so worried about this. The thought of getting to the US and being denied entry and unable to spend Christmas with the one I love is tearing me apart. I really hope they didn't keep notes.

Timeline

I am still so worried about this. The thought of getting to the US and being denied entry and unable to spend Christmas with the one I love is tearing me apart. I really hope they didn't keep notes.

What was done last time is done. Next time as I suggested to you, just simply tell the truth about what you are doing. If the truth wont allow you entry what more can you do?

Your only problem is that of timing. A truthful explanation of the reasoning for coming back so soon is all that will compel them to allow you to enter. I believe they will ask you those simple questions you saw here on V J. The answers to those will lead to others. If that is correct then you have to tell the truth about why you are back so soon. If you don't do that and you know the penalty for lying then you have reason to worry about the future. Keep this simple.

Notes? Do you really think they write down everything each person says that passes through their line in one shift. You were granted entry based on what they thought was the true reasons for your visit which was to visit friends. Probably the most common circumstances they see other than basic tourism.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So if they ask how we met, I will say online. If they ask if we've met before, I will simply say, yes in September. Does that sound okay?

How did you meet?

- We met online.

Have you met before?

- Yes.

You don't have to volunteer any more information than what was asked of you. Why give them a date to record if they did not asK? Get it? Keep your answers short and sweet. Only give details if they ask and you will be fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, It has been mentioned to me that I may be asked about why I am returning so soon? Since I just got home and am returning in December. Do you think this is possible?

Sure it's possible. Just tell them the truth.

Why are you returning so soon?

- It's Christmas time and I'm visiting a friend for the holidays.

Timeline

Sure it's possible. Just tell them the truth.

Why are you returning so soon?

- It's Christmas time and I'm visiting a friend for the holidays.

So you are suggesting he lies again? This is a very poor idea with serious consequences that he will have to face rather than you. Its also a violation of the TOS on V J.

I hope the O P knows the first set of lies lead to the situation he is in now. The second will ensure he is banned totally.

Edited by Ning

I recommend to the OP be really careful about the action that will be taken in the next POE.

The issue started for lying to a CO (not honest mistake there to USCIS not matter the reason), and only will get worst If she/he follows the advice to lie again and probably get not only a denial but a ban bar.

Best regards.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.