6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

We did an excellent job of providing USCIS with a thorough K-1 file that included substantial evidence of a bonafide relationship and ample proof of having met in the past two years. The G-325A and I-129F were filled out with precision and care. Low and behold, I went to check our status on USCIS website and discovered an RFE. :( The letter stated the following: "The copy of the divorce decree that terminated the marriage between petitioner and ex-wife does not show evidence of being civilly filed or recorded. Therefore, please submit a legible copy of the final divorce decree signed by a judge or magistrate that shows proof of filing that terminated the prior marriage between petitioner and ex-wife".

I provided a certified copy of the divorce decree that has the official court stamp on each page and is signed by the presiding judge per the instructions for form I-129F.

Do I need to provide the whole file (docket sheet, final judgement/decree, original petition, original answer, etc)? I have one chance to get this right; can't afford to make a mistake.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

My divorce certificate from Louisiana has the following stamp on it:

Filed this XXXX

Day of XXXX, 2014

Clerks Signature

I just sent this single page with everyone's stamp and signature on it.

Does your's has this stamp?

2014-05-12 I-129F Mailed
2014-05-21 NOA1:
2014-05-29 (ARN) Alien Registration Number
2014-08-11 Transfer (TSC to CSC)
2014-09-23 RFE:
2014-11-04 Denial of I-129f :cry:
2014-11-25 Married in Zhengzhou, Henan, China! (L):luv:
2015-01-08 I-130 Mailed (FedEx)
2015-01-12 I-130 Received by Chicago lockbox
2015-01-15 I-130 Check cleared bank
2015-01-13 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
2015-04-17 I-130 NOA2 :dancing:
2015-04-20 Sent to NVC
2015-04-23 Received by NVC

y1OKm6.png

HLSmp8.png

iD6xm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I sent my whole final decree I received from my lawyer after the divorce was finalized but on top of the judges signature on the decree it had a stamp from the county clerk of it being entered. If you are worried I was suggest going down to the courthouse and asking for a copy with a stamp showing it was entered.

Edited by ksaini1982

USCIS K1 Fiance Visa Journey: I am the petitioner

6-22-2014 Engagement in India

7-10-2014 I-129F Mailed to Texas Lockbox

7-14-2014 USPS Delivery Confirmation Received via Text Message

7-22-2014 Received text message that case was received(forwarded to California Service Center) and check cashed

7-23-2014 Alien Registration number changed

7-29-2014 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

9-25-2014 Text & E-mail received about status change and checked USCIS website that says petition approved (NOA2)

9-30-2014 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

10-24-2014 Received letter from NVC with case number and that application will be forwarded to embassy

11-03-2014 Consulate Received packet from NVC

11-12-2014 Packet 3 Received

12-04-2014 Interview at US Embassy (Delhi) - Administrative Review

01-14-2015 Turned in papers for Administrative Review

01-28-2015 Turned in papers a 2nd time regarding Administrative Review

02-02-2015 Visa Received

02-21-2015 Entry into Unites State - POE Chicago, IL

03-07-2015 Marriage Date

03-16-2015 Applied for SSN

04-01-2015 Received Social Security Card in mail

04-15-2015 Mailed in I-485 (AOS) and I-785 (EAD)

04-22-2015 Received Text message from USCIS that application was accepted

04-28-2015 Received NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 in the mail

05-04-2015 Received Letter in Mail for Biometrics Appointment on 5/15/2015

05-15-2015 Biometrics Appointment Completed

07-13-2015 Employment Authorization Document Approved

07-23-2015 Employment Authorization Card Received in the mail

10-06-2015 I-485 Approved

10-15-2015 2 year Conditional Green Card Received

08-17-2017 Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card

08-30-2017 Removal of Conditions NOA date and 1 year extension letter received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My divorce certificate from Louisiana has the following stamp on it:

Filed this XXXX

Day of XXXX, 2014

Clerks Signature

I just sent this single page with everyone's stamp and signature on it.

Does your's has this stamp?

My divorce decree was archived using microfiche and, shockingly, does not have a visible stamp or "filed on" date. Most people, even lawyers who submit these documents, probably wouldn't have noticed since every page is certified, but that's not good enough for USCIS. There is no way the court can retroactively reapply the stamp and file date, so they offered an "exemplified copy". Exemplified copies are more than certified copies -- the clerk certifies that the copies are genuine and the judge certifies that the clerk has the authority to say they are genuine.

Hoping now that USCIS will have sympathy and expedite our case since this wasn't our error.

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 27/9/2014 at 3:39 PM, limboptimistic said:

My divorce decree was archived using microfiche and, shockingly, does not have a visible stamp or "filed on" date. Most people, even lawyers who submit these documents, probably wouldn't have noticed since every page is certified, but that's not good enough for USCIS. There is no way the court can retroactively reapply the stamp and file date, so they offered an "exemplified copy". Exemplified copies are more than certified copies -- the clerk certifies that the copies are genuine and the judge certifies that the clerk has the authority to say they are genuine.

Hoping now that USCIS will have sympathy and expedite our case since this wasn't our error.

Hi, I know that is past a lot of time from your post but now I have the same problem. I would like to know how is going with your rfe. What did you do was enough? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We had an RFE about final divorce decree last year. What we did is we sent them all the pages of copy final divorce decree papers. We then got approve with NOA2 10 days after. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.