cowboysgirlfriend

Off I go

10 posts in this topic

I'm making the big move tomorrow, just have a few last minute bits of packing to do in the morning, then it's off to the airport for my one-way flight to Washington.

At once excited, relieved, terrified, apprehensive, impatient, and exhausted. And this was just for the K1!

Anyway, just wanted to say how comforting this forum has been, although I haven't contributed much. Those reassuringly knowledgeable posts from all of you extremely knowledgeable and reassuring forum regulars have kept me sane through the waiting, and I can hardly believe we made it to this point. Thank you to everybody who lays all those fears to rest.

See you all in my AOS journey in a few weeks' time!

English girl . American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

my rambling blog: cowboysgirlfriend.com

20 May 2014: Filed our I129f

10 September 2014: Visa in hand!

8 January 2015: Filed for AoS (EAD & AP)

15 January 2015: NOA1

5 February 2015: Biometrics

9 February 2015: RFE

10 February 2015: Evidence filed

19 February 2015: USCIS acknowledged evidence received

3 March 2015: EAD and AP approved! Card ordered!

6 March 2015: USCIS updated: ready for interview scheduling

28 September 2015: Interview - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congratulations to you!!! That is very awesome, I wish you a good trip.

You speak the language here so jobs and communication will be super easy plus a cool accent. lol.

The NorthWest is extremely beautiful and interesting, i am sure you will like it.

We will be neighbors. (Kind of) I live a bit south of your future home.

I wish you luck!

Edited by VFittipaldi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Good luck with your move, let us know how it goes!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Thank you all for your lovely responses!

I arrived safe and sound (after my flight was delayed at Heathrow for over an hour due to "stuff" on the runway), and had a really quick and easy POE. Immigration staff were all helpful, polite and efficient. No questions, the whole thing only took about 25 minutes in total, and I've waited in line as a visitor for longer than that before now.

It is quite a culture shock to be here for good now, instead of as a visitor. It really does feel different. The first couple of days were a bit wobbly, I had a few panics, but now that I have food in the fridge and the cupboards (Cowboy and I went to Costco together - he had the flatbed trolley and I had the normal one), and I'm beginning to get the place tidied up and unpack my things it will feel like home in no time.

Wedding is in four weeks' time... Nervous and excited!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you all for your lovely responses!

I arrived safe and sound (after my flight was delayed at Heathrow for over an hour due to "stuff" on the runway), and had a really quick and easy POE. Immigration staff were all helpful, polite and efficient. No questions, the whole thing only took about 25 minutes in total, and I've waited in line as a visitor for longer than that before now.

It is quite a culture shock to be here for good now, instead of as a visitor. It really does feel different. The first couple of days were a bit wobbly, I had a few panics, but now that I have food in the fridge and the cupboards (Cowboy and I went to Costco together - he had the flatbed trolley and I had the normal one), and I'm beginning to get the place tidied up and unpack my things it will feel like home in no time.

Wedding is in four weeks' time... Nervous and excited!

That's great to hear! :)

What lane do you go and stand in once you get off the plane for the POE? Did they ask for anything else besides your packet?

That's great to hear! :)

What lane do you go and stand in once you get off the plane for the POE? Did they ask for anything else besides your packet?

I asked which lane to use, and I was told the Visitors/Visa line, not the US Citizens line. They only wanted my passport, my packet and my customs form. Very simple. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.