Sunny27

Need help, could be wrong topic

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I've been having a long distance relationship with a girl from tennessee, I went to meet her and her family in June, nice people. Plan on going back for another visit in October after lobster season is finished. And would like to make more regular visits in the future until we decide where we want to go with this. The problem I have is that I didn't always make real smart choices. 3 years ago I had stupidly drank and drove, caught for DUI, earlier that evening me and a friend thought it was a good idea to pick magic mushrooms, wasn't really my thing but he liked them and I thought picking would be a fun experience, anyways the police also found those in the car which lead to a possession charge. Now I'm trying to get them pardoned but it's a lengthy process, I know this could cause me troubles for making my visits. I had thought about applying for some kind of visa, thought maybe going back to school to take an electrical course maybe. I work here and make decent money, but I'm not sure what the best route would be to make these visits easier. I know she would get married if it took that but she's in college and I would prefer she waited a few years to finish that. I'm very worried about her as well, very pretty and sweet girl, amazing family, but her brain doesn't give out enough endorphins and she has troubles with depression, cares about me a lot and have had a tremendous impact on her life, not sure how she would handle it if I couldn't travel there anymore. I'm just wondering if there's any steps I could take, or what would be the best way to make this work. My preference would be to still work in Canada but visit regularly. But I would try for some kind of visa or green card if that's what it took. But I imagine that my past would prevent those from happening. Any help would be great

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

when you last crossed over the border, what problems did you encounter?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I didn't face any problems, customs thought I was a little crazy meeting someone over the Internet but laughed and put me through, I just heard that if they were to do a check into me and see the possession charge that I would be on flight home

If you have a drug CONVICTION, yes, you could be denied entry on any one of your visits. You will also have a lot of difficulty getting a visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from Your New Life to What Visa do I need? forum for more answers ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

my husband and I hes Canadian and Im america ,,, we were told pardon would help my husband on and very old record ,,,, so we started on pardon ... there was something found we didnt know about fines and the law just changed and they wouldnt grant a pardon,,,,, and he has to wait ten years for it now..(but pardon is only good for jobs..).. but we found we were lied to tooo,,,,, that a pardon wouldnt clear his record at the border,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and it was all a waste of moneys ,,,,,,,,,because the border still can see your record,,,,, and we needed to get a waiver,,,,, because of me having issues at border .... we waited before he went over cause we didnt want a block,,,,,,,,,,,,,with him............. so we worked on the waiver found people to do it ... about 585 and then you pay another at border to 500 to drop it off to see if it will past............ my husbands wasnt ,,,( recent things.)....but we have been good with the waiver,,,,, we had learned he could of crossed ,,,, but it all depends on the one at the gate , some can be overly and if it shows a record they could stop you.........band you... .......so we didnt take the chance.................................. but to tell you the truth.................all the hardships we go thru to get our permant residents ...........(might not be alot to others ) but it is for us,,, we are only 20 miles apart and we did meet online to........ we dont recomment much anymore meeting someone from another country ..............its hard.............. but we love each other and we .... keep pushing through I beleive it will be worth ...but its rough cause were not where we want to be................ we could of bought a house by now,,with all we keep paying out here and there................... but our love is holding us.....we dont make much moneys..........but its been super stressful ....we are super happy together ....but only times we have issues is the stress of getting this done......three years later in hopes to completley figure out this route to the end..........and to be able to do what we want with our lives............peace to you ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.