luckyef

Age does it matter ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does age matter? Iam 34 and my fiance she is 51, will I get dined because if large age gap? Has anyone went through the same thin before? Iam worried , have some before here got approved that got large age diffrent ? Pls I need help

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

as i read before here in some cases it doesnt, i read and saw cases there is more than 25 years in gap

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

It matters more in some places than others. Depends on how the local culture views such relationships and if its the man or the woman being older. In my wife's country the man being that much older than the woman is not that rare at all and its not a red flag at all. Reverse that with the woman being old and everyone is talking. These are what are called red flags, and you want to have very good evidence of a real relationship to strengthen your case. Failure to provide this good evidence can lead to a denial, but its not a denial based on the age gap alone, its more that they doubt its a true relationship and more an opportunity for someone to get a green card.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is based on culture, If your culture doesn't usually see woman older than their spouse then it is a red flag. If the woman is older than your mother even worse. The fact she is past the age to bear children even worse. Was she married before or does she have children ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have a friend from Nigeria who is 37. He married a lady who is 57. He is now in the states. She has 2 grown children and has never been married. It's all up to immigration.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yea she has children,but i dont have any,she has never married before

It's not about her age or your's its about you showing you are in a bonafide relationship. The problem I see is a 51 year old woman being a fiancee'. It's been a while since I seen older woman over 40 with such a gap in Lagos and it get approved. Doesn't speak commitment like being married. It speaks "you aren't sure". Even if its not the case we are talking about immigration.

Hope you put together one heck of a petition package and didn't leave it all up to "bring it to the interview".

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for your reply , when you see bonafide, like how will I be able to confuse the officer that it's real ? I have pics , western union , chats, family wrote letters , what do you think is missing

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your reply , when you see bonafide, like how will I be able to confuse the officer that it's real ? I have pics , western union , chats, family wrote letters , what do you think is missing

Well, don't trial to "confuse" anybody just be real. I think that's all you're missing.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.