Angela&Andrew

K1-after noa2 hardcopy time frame to interview?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone (even from personal experience) had a guesstimate/estimate time frame from when you receive the NOA2 hardcopy to the medical / interview date?

(I'm located in western Canada)

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It pretty much goes on a case by case basis. Some are held up for whatever reasons and others just breeze through, from what I have learned. There are other factors also, such as whether you choose to use EP or snail mail for NVC, and how many civil docs you need to send for them to review. If you have lived in lots of places like me, it may take more time too. From what I have been seeing on here, it was taking 4 or 5 months from NOA2 to interview. I am guessing for myself around 6 months for my visa, and I just got started in the system at NVC. They have a backlog there, but they are changing some of the process to hopefully make things go quicker. So if I get done more quckly, that would be great.

Canada doesn't seem to be any quicker than other countries for some people. I really believe it is a case relative thing, but you can probably bank on at least 5 months. I also know that it can take up to a month after case complete for them to book an interview for you.

Hope this helps somewhat. :)

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It pretty much goes on a case by case basis. Some are held up for whatever reasons and others just breeze through, from what I have learned. There are other factors also, such as whether you choose to use EP or snail mail for NVC, and how many civil docs you need to send for them to review. If you have lived in lots of places like me, it may take more time too. From what I have been seeing on here, it was taking 4 or 5 months from NOA2 to interview. I am guessing for myself around 6 months for my visa, and I just got started in the system at NVC. They have a backlog there, but they are changing some of the process to hopefully make things go quicker. So if I get done more quckly, that would be great.

Canada doesn't seem to be any quicker than other countries for some people. I really believe it is a case relative thing, but you can probably bank on at least 5 months. I also know that it can take up to a month after case complete for them to book an interview for you.

Hope this helps somewhat. :)

Your visa is different. K-1 visas don't take that long at NVC at all. I keep seeing people making that confusion!

I don't know about Canada specifically, you should search for some recent timelines.

Timeline

Mine took about a month from NOA2 to receiving a mailed Packet 3 from Vancouver. I Just sent my Packet 3 back on Sept 18. I can let you know once I get packet 4 and can see the interview options.

My understanding is that Vancouver is usually faster for getting an interview date than Montreal, but I have no seen anyone share their experience recently on how long this part took.

If you want, you can contact NVC to get your case number after a week or two I think, but it won't be much longer. If everything goes normal and smooth with your case, you could probably get your interview within the next 2-3 months. That is just a guess though, it will all be based on the availability for interviews.

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

Timeline

Mine took about a month from NOA2 to receiving a mailed Packet 3 from Vancouver. I Just sent my Packet 3 back on Sept 18. I can let you know once I get packet 4 and can see the interview options.

My understanding is that Vancouver is usually faster for getting an interview date than Montreal, but I have no seen anyone share their experience recently on how long this part took.

If you want, you can contact NVC to get your case number after a week or two I think, but it won't be much longer. If everything goes normal and smooth with your case, you could probably get your interview within the next 2-3 months. That is just a guess though, it will all be based on the availability for interviews.

Thank you very much for sharing!

I noticed you're in Edmonton area. (I am too!) So my case well be sent to Vancouver! I totally understand that everything depends on each case. and sometimes its super random haha

Any information / advice you have for me would be wonderful! :)

So, when you called NVC to get the case number - afterwards did you start the DS 160 online form and gathering all the other paperwork needed?

Timeline

Thank you very much for sharing!

I noticed you're in Edmonton area. (I am too!) So my case well be sent to Vancouver! I totally understand that everything depends on each case. and sometimes its super random haha

Any information / advice you have for me would be wonderful! :)

So, when you called NVC to get the case number - afterwards did you start the DS 160 online form and gathering all the other paperwork needed?

Personally I did not fill it in right away, but as soon as you have the number you can begin to collect your forms. Everything has a expiration though. E.g. you can complete the DS160 and not submit for ~30 days. Police check I think needs to be in the last 6 months, etc.

Packet 3 is available online. the letter just tells you to go online: http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/visas/fiance-visas.html

Nice to see another Edmontonian on here! I hope to hear back from the consulate soon and start looking for interview dates. I'll be posting when I get to see what is available. There is so much on here for the Montreal consulate and not so much for Vancouver.

K-1 Visa Timeline

Timeline

Personally I did not fill it in right away, but as soon as you have the number you can begin to collect your forms. Everything has a expiration though. E.g. you can complete the DS160 and not submit for ~30 days. Police check I think needs to be in the last 6 months, etc.

Packet 3 is available online. the letter just tells you to go online: http://vancouver.usconsulate.gov/visas/fiance-visas.html

Nice to see another Edmontonian on here! I hope to hear back from the consulate soon and start looking for interview dates. I'll be posting when I get to see what is available. There is so much on here for the Montreal consulate and not so much for Vancouver.

Timeline

My fiance is also from Edmonton. I love it there!!! I really hope it doesnt take as long as some people say to get an interview. We've been waiting almost 6 months already. Received an RFE which came in the mail today. So frustrating! They needed my 2x2 picture of myself which I sent them in the first place. I'm assuming they lost it. Just more time to wait now but I'm relieved that's all it was! Good luck on your interview ;)

Timeline

Thank you again for the very informative information!! :) :)

I apologize if I'm asking the same question again ---

But, basically - once I get the NVC # I can start collecting forms. but I cannot submit anything until the NVC package has arrived to me via mail? (in about a month - ish)

Also, thank you for the website! I was having a very hard time finding anything on the internet about the Vancouver consulate!

This is great to see other Edmontonian's on here! :D

Timeline

My fiance is also from Edmonton. I love it there!!! I really hope it doesnt take as long as some people say to get an interview. We've been waiting almost 6 months already. Received an RFE which came in the mail today. So frustrating! They needed my 2x2 picture of myself which I sent them in the first place. I'm assuming they lost it. Just more time to wait now but I'm relieved that's all it was! Good luck on your interview ;)

aww, I'm sorry you got a RFE. But! the one positive to this -- they actually looked at your petition! So, now you just need to send them the info and you'll be on your way to the next step!

This whole process can be mighty frustrating at times, sad... and so random too...

I just look at it as -- if we can get through this -- we can get through anything! :)

I hope your RFE goes smoothly!

Timeline

Thank you again for the very informative information!! :) :)

I apologize if I'm asking the same question again ---

But, basically - once I get the NVC # I can start collecting forms. but I cannot submit anything until the NVC package has arrived to me via mail? (in about a month - ish)

Also, thank you for the website! I was having a very hard time finding anything on the internet about the Vancouver consulate!

This is great to see other Edmontonian's on here! :D

You should be fine collecting the forms. I believe the picture and the criminal record check must be within six months of the interview. You need a new letter of intent and that must be signed within 30 days.

What I did, I called NVC and got my number, then I emailed Vancouver (vancouverk@state.gov) Make sure to include the case number in the subject (VAC********** Inquiry) , and the beneficiary/petitioner full name and birthdays in the email body with your question. Ask them if they received it and if you can submit packet 3.

They usually respond fast. I did this, and they emailed back two days later saying they received my case.

If they have your case, you should be good to send in your packet 3.

More info on Vancouver can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Vancouver

and here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/347776-canada-immigration-and-k1-guide-for-vancouver/

Another thing I have been doing is searching on this site, but adding in "vancouver" or "canada" to the search to try and narrow it down.

My understanding is that Vancouver is faster and has better availability for interviews... though I am sure that changes all the time!

K-1 Visa Timeline

Timeline

You should be fine collecting the forms. I believe the picture and the criminal record check must be within six months of the interview. You need a new letter of intent and that must be signed within 30 days.

What I did, I called NVC and got my number, then I emailed Vancouver (vancouverk@state.gov) Make sure to include the case number in the subject (VAC********** Inquiry) , and the beneficiary/petitioner full name and birthdays in the email body with your question. Ask them if they received it and if you can submit packet 3.

They usually respond fast. I did this, and they emailed back two days later saying they received my case.

If they have your case, you should be good to send in your packet 3.

More info on Vancouver can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Vancouver

and here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/347776-canada-immigration-and-k1-guide-for-vancouver/

Another thing I have been doing is searching on this site, but adding in "vancouver" or "canada" to the search to try and narrow it down.

My understanding is that Vancouver is faster and has better availability for interviews... though I am sure that changes all the time!

Thank you again - SO much!

I appreciate all this information!!

I'll be researching both those websites :)

When you called NVC did you call : 603-334-0700

Timeline

Thank you again - SO much!

I appreciate all this information!!

I'll be researching both those websites :)

When you called NVC did you call : 603-334-0700

Yes, that is the number.

Oh, and I just received my packet 4 this morning. So that took approx 3 business days.

K-1 Visa Timeline

Timeline

OK, I just paid my fee and the dates for interviews seem to only be on Tuesdays. They have availability almost every Tuesday from Sept 30 to Nov 25.

Sucks because it will mean I need to stay in Vancouver over the weekend, but oh well.

Hope that helps.

K-1 Visa Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.