Beautifulday

after the medical part of my visa journey...

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

hi guys. yesterday i did the medical part of the whole k1 process, testings in the morning and a doc visit afternoon. i brought my vaccination card to the doctor visit and she wrote all the vaccines ive had on this form she had to fill and then give back to me so i take it with me to the embassy for the interview. so as she was copying the vaccines from my vaccination record to that form, i asked her if there were any vaccinations that are missing and she said no. but then i got home and looked at the form she filled and the picture below is what i saw, and im kind of confused. what do u guys think? am i reading this wrong somehow or what...

qksmyvM.jpg

The flu vaccine is only given during flu season, or fall. She should have noted further to the right that this in not the fall (flu) season.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

The flu vaccine is only given during flu season, or fall. She should have noted further to the right that this in not the fall (flu) season.

well i was referring to the "2. results" cuz she checked incomplete vaccine history and the one underneath it, too. im confused cuz she said nothing was missing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're right, it should be because of the influenza one. I just got mine too and in some places they weren't applying that anymore because the season has passed.

So it is missing, but there is a reason.

Edited by mariana2225

You're right, it should be because of the influenza one. I just got mine too and in some places they weren't applying that anymore because the season has passed.

So it is missing, but there is a reason.

My wife had a couple rows that were not checked off, but the influenza one was checked off as insufficient interval, even though she never had one. Just to insure there was no issued on her AOS, we went to a civil surgeon and got her vaccines transcribed. He recommended she get the boosters and the flu shot at our clinic and bring the records first. By the time we were adjusting her status, it was fall and I wanted her to have it to.

This won't stop you from entering the USA, but rarely this can delay issuing the green card if they don't see the date and that it was not the flu season when the medical was given.

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Some vaccines you cant get because they are not age appropriate....

She checked the blanket waiver, which right there explains that "vaccination(s) not medically appropriate" - which means they can't give them to you.

But it says you are eligible for the waiver, so I wouldn't worry about it. It was probably a vaccine you don't need because of your age.

Dont over think it, the doctors know what they are doing. You should be fine :)

Oh and about the Influenza vaccine, look on the this page, it tells you what you need... Influenza is not one

http://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

hi guys. yesterday i did the medical part of the whole k1 process, testings in the morning and a doc visit afternoon. i brought my vaccination card to the doctor visit and she wrote all the vaccines ive had on this form she had to fill and then give back to me so i take it with me to the embassy for the interview. so as she was copying the vaccines from my vaccination record to that form, i asked her if there were any vaccinations that are missing and she said no. but then i got home and looked at the form she filled and the picture below is what i saw, and im kind of confused. what do u guys think? am i reading this wrong somehow or what...

qksmyvM.jpg

Edited by vcarch14

I'm going by what it says on the website, but if you are still unsure maybe you should contact the embassy and ask them directly?

or maybe get the influenza vaccine and talk to the doctor who did your medical and let him/her know you now have it and would like him to add it to the vaccine record?

so i won't have a prob with it at the interview or when im entering the US?

Edited by vcarch14

Timeline

I'm going by what it says on the website, but if you are still unsure maybe you should contact the embassy and ask them directly?

or maybe get the influenza vaccine and talk to the doctor who did your medical and let him/her know you now have it and would like him to add it to the vaccine record?

well i dont even know...i would think that the doc knew what she was doing and i specifically asked if any of them were missing and she told me "no". and this was in a different city that im now gone from and costed over $100..so don't think i would be able to do it again

Some vaccines you cant get because they are not age appropriate....

She checked the blanket waiver, which right there explains that "vaccination(s) not medically appropriate" - which means they can't give them to you.

But it says you are eligible for the waiver, so I wouldn't worry about it. It was probably a vaccine you don't need because of your age.

Dont over think it, the doctors know what they are doing. You should be fine :)

Oh and about the Influenza vaccine, look on the this page, it tells you what you need... Influenza is not one

http://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

from your link. Now is that the influenza listed in the DS-3025 or not? I think they like to make this part difficult to understand. :lol: If you follow on to the CDC site, you'll find they list influenza as being required during the flu season.

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If your interview is after October the first you may need the flu jab as it then becomes flu season. Other than that my vaccination sheet says the same thing.

Like others have said it means you don't have certain vaccinations for example varicella is an American vaccine for chicken pox that most countries don't do

No there is no problem with this during the interview or when entering the USA. In fact you can enter the USA without getting any of those vaccines, but you would need to get them before, or get a religious waiver before you can get your green card. Save this document, you will need it when you file the I-485.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

If your interview is after October the first you may need the flu jab as it then becomes flu season. Other than that my vaccination sheet says the same thing.

Like others have said it means you don't have certain vaccinations for example varicella is an American vaccine for chicken pox that most countries don't do

ahh ok. was planning to have the interview next week...hopefully it'll be all good then

No there is no problem with this during the interview or when entering the USA. In fact you can enter the USA without getting any of those vaccines, but you would need to get them before, or get a religious waiver before you can get your green card. Save this document, you will need it when you file the I-485.

thank you!

Caryh,

The Haemophilus influenzae type B vaccine is not the same as a seasonal flu vaccine

Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine prevents meningitis (an infection of the covering of the brain and spinal cord), pneumonia (lung infection), epiglottitis (a severe throat infection), and other serious infections caused by a type of bacteria called Haemophilus influenzae type b.

So no, the flu vaccine is NOT listed on the website I provided. Maybe it is not listed because is seasonal?

http://www.cdc.gov/Vaccines/vpd-vac/hib/default.htm

The seasonal flu vaccine protects against the influenza viruses that research indicates will be most common during the upcoming season. Traditional flu vaccines (called trivalent vaccines) are made to protect against three flu viruses; an influenza A (H1N1) virus, an influenza A (H3N2) virus, and an influenza B virus. In addition, there are flu vaccines made to protect against four flu viruses (called “quadrivalent” vaccines). These vaccines protect against the same viruses as the trivalent vaccine and an additional B virus.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

The Haemophilus influenzae type B vaccine is bacterial

The flu vaccine is viral

I was just reading about it... so I hope I am right, and if I'm not maybe someone can let me know. :)

from your link. Now is that the influenza listed in the DS-3025 or not? I think they like to make this part difficult to understand. :lol: If you follow on to the CDC site, you'll find they list influenza as being required during the flu season.

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B
  • Hepatitis B
  • Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices
Edited by vcarch14

I did not have flu vaccine as well and I had no problem during my interview or when I came to the US. In fact I filed AOS without having my DS-3025 transcribe into an I-693 and so far I don't get any RFE or at least I hope am not.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.