ktshutt

Transferred Consulates - how to proceed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok so hoping someone knows what the next steps are. My fiance is a UK citizen but living in Canada on a work permit and we were planning on going through the Montreal consulate for his K-1 processing. We were given a Montreal case number and confirmed that Montreal had rec'd the paperwork from NVC. Because it took way longer than expected his Canadian visa expired and now he has to go back to the UK. We asked London to accept our case and they agreed to request the paperwork from Montreal and both consulates have confirmed by email to us that the transfer is in progress (it's electronic so how long can that possibly take?). London told us to wait 6-8 weeks before we receive a letter to his UK address on how to proceed.

I emailed back asking what our new London case number is so that we can use it to schedule his medical and fill out a new DS-160 in the meantime and London replied that we will not receive a new case number and that it will remain a MTL Montreal one. I thought that was weird. So my question is: has anyone received a transfer to London letter on how to proceed? Or any other consulate for that matter? I'm guessing we can use his MTL number to book his medical in London to get the process started at least but I worry we'll miss something important in the letter they are sending.

Ps. When I check the status of our MTL number on the CEAC website it gives a "Transfer in Progress" status. When we were good to go at Montreal before we realized he needed to go back to the UK it read "Ready," so maybe we do need to wait to do anything until it reads "Ready" again - if that ever happens...

Anyone??? Thanks!

Edited by ktshutt

Yes, Ready again will mean it made it to London. It would be better if you don't make the medical appointment until it is in London. It is normal to keep the MTL number.

I gave you this link when you asked about the transfer before. It explains the London K1 process. Check for corrections past post #8 because a few minor things have changed but the early posts can't be edited.

London K1 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

You don't really need the letter itself. It does tell you that if your petition has expired (four months after NOA2) then bring a new letter of intent from the petitioner to the interview. It does not have to be notarized. An older version of the letter is here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5180175 (post 18). It is still much the same but the notarized part was taken out.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Ok so hoping someone knows what the next steps are. My fiance is a UK citizen but living in Canada on a work permit and we were planning on going through the Montreal consulate for his K-1 processing. We were given a Montreal case number and confirmed that Montreal had rec'd the paperwork from NVC. Because it took way longer than expected his Canadian visa expired and now he has to go back to the UK. We asked London to accept our case and they agreed to request the paperwork from Montreal and both consulates have confirmed by email to us that the transfer is in progress (it's electronic so how long can that possibly take?). London told us to wait 6-8 weeks before we receive a letter to his UK address on how to proceed.

I emailed back asking what our new London case number is so that we can use it to schedule his medical and fill out a new DS-160 in the meantime and London replied that we will not receive a new case number and that it will remain a MTL Montreal one. I thought that was weird. So my question is: has anyone received a transfer to London letter on how to proceed? Or any other consulate for that matter? I'm guessing we can use his MTL number to book his medical in London to get the process started at least but I worry we'll miss something important in the letter they are sending.

Ps. When I check the status of our MTL number on the CEAC website it gives a "Transfer in Progress" status. When we were good to go at Montreal before we realized he needed to go back to the UK it read "Ready," so maybe we do need to wait to do anything until it reads "Ready" again - if that ever happens...

Anyone??? Thanks!

Use your Montreal case number, when ceac show "ready"then begin to book your medical and proceed, when ceac says "transfer in progress"means that the physical files still didn't reach UK USEM.goodluck

Edited by hardrockangel

Timeline

OK, thanks. I know the K1 London process thanks to the above links but I wasn't sure if the letter they were sending was specific to transfer cases, like if there were any specific instructions to update previously submitted info or if it's just the normal letter they send to everyone else.

I agree on waiting until it says "Ready" again so will just check every day and book a medical once it's "ready" becuase that step needs to happen regardless of it's the normal process or transfer specific. So ready for this to be over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys, i need your help and i ned some answer ..

ok ..my interview was scedualed in OCt 1st to do in Jerusalme but i couldnt go there!! so i requested my interview to go to Cairo ! in September 19th Cairo said that they aceept that and they request the file from Jerusalm !

after a weeks i starts contcting both embassies ..Jeruslam told me that they sent in in Sep 19th ! Cairo said they didnt recive it ! i have been waiting for 7weeks with no answer at all !!!!

the CEAC checking statue telling that its TRANSFER PROGRESS !!! (Your immigrant visa case has been transferred to another U.S. consular office. You should check back for your case status at a later date).

how long should i wait until they send me my new interview date ???

please i need your help im so worried !!!

Hello Guys, i need your help and i ned some answer ..

ok ..my interview was scedualed in OCt 1st to do in Jerusalme but i couldnt go there!! so i requested my interview to go to Cairo ! in September 19th Cairo said that they aceept that and they request the file from Jerusalm !

after a weeks i starts contcting both embassies ..Jeruslam told me that they sent in in Sep 19th ! Cairo said they didnt recive it ! i have been waiting for 7weeks with no answer at all !!!!

the CEAC checking statue telling that its TRANSFER PROGRESS !!! (Your immigrant visa case has been transferred to another U.S. consular office. You should check back for your case status at a later date).

how long should i wait until they send me my new interview date ???

please i need your help im so worried !!!

Timeline

Hi Moka, it took our case exactly 8 weeks to transfer from Montreal to London. I checked our case status everyday and saw "Transfer in Progress" until finally on the 8th week it said "Ready" again. My fiance then immediately made his medical appt in the UK since he hadn't done that in Canada yet, and now we're waitig for an interview date. It is my understanding that it may take a couple of weeks now for an interview date letter to be sent to us, and then after that another month or so until the actual interview. But that timeframe was for London so may be totally different than Cairo.

Can you email the Cairo embassy? London was very good at responding to our emails within a couple of days, even if their replies weren't always very helpful.

Hope that helps!

Edited by ktshutt

Hi Moka, it took our case exactly 8 weeks to transfer from Montreal to London. I checked our case status everyday and saw "Transfer in Progress" until finally on the 8th week it said "Ready" again. My fiance then immediately made his medical appt in the UK since he hadn't done that in Canada yet, and now we're waitig for an interview date. It is my understanding that it may take a couple of weeks now for an interview date letter to be sent to us, and then after that another month or so until the actual interview. But that timeframe was for London so may be totally different than Cairo.

Can you email the Cairo embassy? London was very good at responding to our emails within a couple of days, even if their replies weren't always very helpful.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for answering me !! it really helps so much to know this information ! today i start the 8th weeks of waiting , im praying i hear something so soon ! i really need that..

yes i can email them ..in fact, i did so many times but their answers wasn't helpful..so i quiet emailing them

all their answers were ( we haven't receive your case yet ,once we we receive it we will contact you

thank you so much again ! i appreciate your help

please keep me updated..i hope to tell you this week that they are done of transfer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.