342 posts in this topic

My fiancee's visa was issued according to CEAC on Jan 5. Just waiting for Aramex to deliver it to her. I'll be flying to Singapore to travel back with her on Feb 23. We had a little bit of a delay after the interview which was Dec 23. We missed the requirement for the Singapore Marriage Registry documentation but got it in within the week following. The holidays delayed things a few days but thankfully it was finally issued.

Michael S. Richardson, TX

09 July 2014: I-129F Sent USPS Express Mail

10 July 2014: I-129F USPS Delivery Confirmation

15 July 2014: I-129F NOA1, Alien Registration Number Changed

06 Aug 2014: I-129F Petition Approved!!!! Totally freaking unexpected, but one hell of a birthday present for ME!!!!!!!

08 Aug 2014: I-129F USCIS NOA2 Hardcopy received

11 Aug 2014: I-129F Notice that petition has been shipped to the Department of State

20 Aug 2014: SGP Case number assigned at NVC

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - In Transit

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - Ready

03 Sep 2014: Packet 3 Received

25 Nov 2014: Hong Kong finally sent the CNCC to the US Embassy in Singapore

28 Nov 2014: Mailed packet 3 checklist back to Embassy

01 Dec 2014: Checklist received by Embassy

03 Dec 2014: My fiancee completed her medical and vaccinations

05 Dec 2014: Packet 4 Received

23 Dec 2014: Interview, received request for additional documentation (Singapore Marriage Registry doc)

05 Jan 2015: VISA ISSUED!!!!!

06 Jan 2015: Visa Recieved

23 Feb 2015: POE Honolulu!!!!

11 Mar 2015: Wedding Day!!!!

16 Mar 2015: Applied for Social Security Card in married name

AOS

17 Mar 2015: Mailed (Express mail) AOS, EAD and AP package

18 Mar 2015: USPS delivery notification for AOS package

09 Apr 2015: Received e-notice of RFE

16 Apr 2015: Received mailed RFE letter (needed employment/income verification)

18 Apr 2015: Received Biometrics appt letter, scheduled for 28 Apr

20 Apr 2015: RFE response delivered

22 Apr 2015: Status changed to RFE Response received (decision or case update by June 21)

11 May 2015: EAD/AP Approval, Card being produced notification

15 May 2015: EAD/AP Card was mailed

16 May 2015: EAD/AP card delivered

25 May 2015: EAD/AP card in hand

22 June 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver issued

02 Sep 2015: Notice of RFE 2 mailed

25 Sep 2015: Text/Email notice of approval, status update online

02 Oct 2015: Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

27 Jun 2017: Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I just discovered something depressing though I might just be the last one to notice this.... They have updated the processing times on Dec 23 and it is still stuck on the same May 6 day that they claimed to be on when they updated it in fall of 2014. Good job... And I thought they just hadn't bothered to update since the fall.

Good news is that people have updated their timelines so there's a few Jan, 3, 5 and 6 approvals compared to when I signed off yesterday and it just showed Jan 2.

Last night me and my fiance officially decided to move our wedding from March to May. Still need to work on a new date. I am also trying to encourage my fiance to start calling about our case and start making some noise but I no there's no point because that's not his style. So we're sitting and waiting patiently...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

No.. I hadn't looked at the update on the processing times but they have approved quite a few June and some July so I don't know what that's about but since the approvals are a bit scattered maybe it is left like that until they have done the bulk of May/June, or just to try to keep everyone off their backs. I really hope things move faster from now on.

Sounds like a good plan moving your wedding date. It would be worse panicking that you didn't have enough time and it just takes that pressure off.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

I just discovered something depressing though I might just be the last one to notice this.... They have updated the processing times on Dec 23 and it is still stuck on the same May 6 day that they claimed to be on when they updated it in fall of 2014. Good job... And I thought they just hadn't bothered to update since the fall.

Good news is that people have updated their timelines so there's a few Jan, 3, 5 and 6 approvals compared to when I signed off yesterday and it just showed Jan 2.

Last night me and my fiance officially decided to move our wedding from March to May. Still need to work on a new date. I am also trying to encourage my fiance to start calling about our case and start making some noise but I no there's no point because that's not his style. So we're sitting and waiting patiently...

The way I interpret that page (though maybe it's just wishful thinking, who knows), is that the page was updated December 23, but the processing times weren't updated at that time. Right above the table of processing times it still says "Field Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: October 31, 2014".

Timeline

No.. I hadn't looked at the update on the processing times but they have approved quite a few June and some July so I don't know what that's about but since the approvals are a bit scattered maybe it is left like that until they have done the bulk of May/June, or just to try to keep everyone off their backs. I really hope things move faster from now on.

Sounds like a good plan moving your wedding date. It would be worse panicking that you didn't have enough time and it just takes that pressure off.

Yeah when we started seeing how slow they were we said that if we didn't hear anything before New Year's we would move our wedding. It definitely takes the pressure of but it really makes me wish we had applied earlier. We could have sent in our papers way earlier than we did but we were really optimistic and thought that I would have the visa in November or December.

It makes sense if they wait since a few May people are still around weird enough.

The way I interpret that page (though maybe it's just wishful thinking, who knows), is that the page was updated December 23, but the processing times weren't updated at that time. Right above the table of processing times it still says "Field Office Processing Dates for Texas Service Center as of: October 31, 2014".

Ah, I did not see that. Thank you for pointing that out! I really really hope they update it soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I seriously think that those mid/late july that got their noa2 already were misplaced with June batches or are expedite cases. Lucky people.

by the way, today is our 6 month waiting anniversary on TSC. How lovely, huh?

keep moving TSC, put your s*** together.

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I seriously think that those mid/late july that got their noa2 already were misplaced with June batches or are expedite cases. Lucky people.

by the way, today is our 6 month waiting anniversary on TSC. How lovely, huh?

keep moving TSC, put your s*** together.

:thumbs: absolutely !!

It would be nice to have some kind of time frame just to be able to make any sort of plan.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

It would be nice to have some kind of time frame just to be able to make any sort of plan.

Exactly! So we at least know how to plan our life. Is there any point in visiting? Does wedding dates need to be moved? And other important decisions as well. Extremely frustrating.

Timeline

For sure!

it would be perfect and make our lives so much easier, but oh well 'joys' of a broken system.

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It would be so nice to know something. I have to take time off work to go with my Fiancé on his interview. We have plans and everything is at a stand still. The wedding was scheduled for March 21, 2015 now we don't know what to do.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I called USCIS when 6month passed from our NOA1.

They said

"TSC k1 processing time average is 8month.

Its been slow since may 2014.

Call us 2month Later."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

It's so fricken weird. Up until the end of the year they were processing petitions and people were being approved, albeit very slowly. But it still seemed like we were on target for that "6 month" wait……but now it seems like they grinded to a halt and are pushing everything back.

So either they are lying about the times or a huge caseload of other applications have taken priority over K1. I can't really imagine any other reason for a sudden delay.

I-129F @ TSC

Received - 7/3/14

NOA1 - 7/8/14

Update - 12/9/14

NOA2 - 1/26/15

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Really? ? TSC really? Yall just hired some people, get them to work!

post-135346-0-78407500-1420655771_thumb.png

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Has anyone here written an e-mail to the CIS Ombudsman at cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov? I wrote them earlier today and got a very fast reply saying that they had passed my concerns on to a supervisor, but I'm trying to find out if that's an automatic response or if someone actually read what I wrote and considered it worthy of forwarding to a real person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I called USCIS when 6month passed from our NOA1.

They said

"TSC k1 processing time average is 8month.

Its been slow since may 2014.

Call us 2month Later."

I was told 78 days.....I can only pray that is not the case with us July filers.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.