342 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

This sucks. First time during this process I am really feeling down. My fiance is leaving to go back to the US on Sunday. Leaving a day early to spend the night in Stockholm because of bad weather coming in. Watching him back, even though I know I'll get to spend the day with him tomorrow, hurts so bad right now. Trying to fight back tears and I know on Sunday when we have to say goodbye I won't be able to hold them back anymore.

So I just called the customer service center. Apparently since I am only the beneficiary, I am not allowed to be transferred to speak to a Tier 2 officer.

In any case, our i129F was received by USCIS on July 10th according to the website. At this point, it has been well past our processing time of 5.9 months. Today is 6 months and 8 days I think. I am sitting here in tears because the officer could only tell me that TSC is still processing paperwork from May 2014.

I'm not even sure what to do at this point. My fiance and I planned our wedding for early April. I'm tired of being without him...... and now it looks as if we'll have to push our date back. I'm completely discouraged and outraged.

7/24/2015 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

7/30/2015 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

9/21/2015 - still no biometrics appointment...

9/9/2015 - 1st service request (inquiry)

10/6/2015 - 2nd service request (inquiry)

10/16/2015 - EAD/AP APPROVAL via email!!! (approved on 16/10)

I am a little confused though. The USCIS website also lists May 2014 for the paperwork currently being processed. However, that information hasn't been updated since 31 October 2014...

Well just got off the phone with the Tier 2, Mrs George, she was extremely nice but could only tell me Tx is working on May 6th 2014 and that they are -62 days behind, so my request of inquiry for our petition would be denied since the service center is still so behind, they wont even look. Jan 7th will be our 6 months of not hearing a single word. No ARN change no RFE no NOA2 .... Im so upset and practically in tears explaining our conversation to my fiance... :( such a disappointing call. Although she was incredibly nice and understanding, she told me nothing that the Tier 1 agent told me....

Erica & Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Engaged ~ 5.29.2014

Interview ~ 4.24.2015 ~ Approved!!!!

POE Date ~ 5.31.2015

I Do ~ 6.19.2015 :wub:

Sent AOS / EAD /AP ~ 8.22.2015

NOA 1 ~ 8.28.2015

Bio Metrics ~ 9.24.2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It is definitely getting harder by the day! I did get my call back from a nice gentleman named Randall. He had me verify my personal info and then said "The normal turn-around time for this type of case is usually four months so I'm going to send a message requesting that a final decision needs to be made on this case. That's what you're wanting me to do right?" I was almost too stunned to speak. I said absolutely, yes, sir, that is what I'm wanting. I explained that I've tried to be patient, but with a baby due in March my patience is starting to wear thin. He said, "Well, I'm going to let them know about that too." Realizing pregnancy isn't a reason to expedite my case, it sure ought to be a reason for them to hurry their butt up when they've had plenty of time already. He put me on hold and then came back and said he sent a message requesting a final decision be made. I asked if he could tell where my case was at in the process, whether it was awaiting approval or if there would be an RFE. He said he saw nothing indicating they needed any more information or he would have asked them to send that notice of an RFE to me again so I'm assuming that's good news that I'm not going to get one. He said it just needed a final decision and he was reminding them that that needed to be done. He said give it at least a week, but it could take longer because they receive lots of messages like this. He said they should respond in the appropriate manner, but they don't have to. I have no idea who THEY actually is, but that's all he kept saying is he's sending THEM a message and THEY should respond appropriately. He did give me a reference number to use when I call back. I think if I don't hear anything by this time next Friday, I will be calling again. I thought it VERY interesting that he said it should have been done in four months when no one else is saying anything even close to that! I really expected him to say six months and I was prepared for that, but when he said four I was totally shocked.

Let just hope our time is soon! I was told the same that my case looked good. I wish there was a way they could tell exactly where each case was instead of just saying it's in a queue waiting to be assigned. I can only hope TSC continues to process quickly, 10 cases posted on Igor's list in two days. If they would keep that up or move faster (haha) we would get approved.

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Well just got off the phone with the Tier 2, Mrs George, she was extremely nice but could only tell me Tx is working on May 6th 2014 and that they are -62 days behind, so my request of inquiry for our petition would be denied since the service center is still so behind, they wont even look. Jan 7th will be our 6 months of not hearing a single word. No ARN change no RFE no NOA2 .... Im so upset and practically in tears explaining our conversation to my fiance... :( such a disappointing call. Although she was incredibly nice and understanding, she told me nothing that the Tier 1 agent told me....

Thank you for the update!!! We need a miracle!! I'm a little confused though because the USCIS website (the processing times section) says the same thing about TSC processing petitions from May 6th 2014. However that information was provided on October 31st 2014. So is it any way possible that they're giving us old information??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yes but we know that the processing date of May is not true. There are probably still some files from May being worked on but there are many people on VJ from June and some from July that have been approved.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Thank you for the update!!! We need a miracle!! I'm a little confused though because the USCIS website (the processing times section) says the same thing about TSC processing petitions from May 6th 2014. However that information was provided on October 31st 2014. So is it any way possible that they're giving us old information??

thats what I'm hoping for..... I'm going to call back after our 6 month mark and hopefully hear something different,,,, the sad part is, I'll be in tx all next week for work.... I wanna go kick down the doors and beg for an answer lol

Erica & Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Engaged ~ 5.29.2014

Interview ~ 4.24.2015 ~ Approved!!!!

POE Date ~ 5.31.2015

I Do ~ 6.19.2015 :wub:

Sent AOS / EAD /AP ~ 8.22.2015

NOA 1 ~ 8.28.2015

Bio Metrics ~ 9.24.2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This sucks. First time during this process I am really feeling down. My fiance is leaving to go back to the US on Sunday. Leaving a day early to spend the night in Stockholm because of bad weather coming in. Watching him back, even though I know I'll get to spend the day with him tomorrow, hurts so bad right now. Trying to fight back tears and I know on Sunday when we have to say goodbye I won't be able to hold them back anymore.

Hang in there....I know it is hard and having to say goodbye is the worst feeling ever. I haven't seen my fiancé since September and I miss him more than words can say. There are days I cry and those days he encourages me to be strong. He keeps telling me when it's our time we will have the approval. He is so patient and calm bless his heart. I hate I can't go back to Ghana until we get the interview date, but it gives us something to look forward to.

We are only a few days apart in our NOA-1 dates and I know we will have our approvals soon! Stay strong my friend everything will be okay!

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It is definitely getting harder by the day! I did get my call back from a nice gentleman named Randall. He had me verify my personal info and then said "The normal turn-around time for this type of case is usually four months so I'm going to send a message requesting that a final decision needs to be made on this case. That's what you're wanting me to do right?" I was almost too stunned to speak. I said absolutely, yes, sir, that is what I'm wanting. I explained that I've tried to be patient, but with a baby due in March my patience is starting to wear thin. He said, "Well, I'm going to let them know about that too." Realizing pregnancy isn't a reason to expedite my case, it sure ought to be a reason for them to hurry their butt up when they've had plenty of time already. He put me on hold and then came back and said he sent a message requesting a final decision be made. I asked if he could tell where my case was at in the process, whether it was awaiting approval or if there would be an RFE. He said he saw nothing indicating they needed any more information or he would have asked them to send that notice of an RFE to me again so I'm assuming that's good news that I'm not going to get one. He said it just needed a final decision and he was reminding them that that needed to be done. He said give it at least a week, but it could take longer because they receive lots of messages like this. He said they should respond in the appropriate manner, but they don't have to. I have no idea who THEY actually is, but that's all he kept saying is he's sending THEM a message and THEY should respond appropriately. He did give me a reference number to use when I call back. I think if I don't hear anything by this time next Friday, I will be calling again. I thought it VERY interesting that he said it should have been done in four months when no one else is saying anything even close to that! I really expected him to say six months and I was prepared for that, but when he said four I was totally shocked.

Congratulations on the baby!!! I'm glad you were able to get a helpful person. Best of luck and I hope you hear back soon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on the baby!!! I'm glad you were able to get a helpful person. Best of luck and I hope you hear back soon

Thank you! I checked my case status online and it does show updated today with the general inquiry and it has the number the guy gave me over the phone; however, it does say it hasn't been assigned yet for processing. I guess even the inquiries have to be assigned to somebody so we shall see if it's really a week, or if they take forever on this as well.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Vancouver, Canada

I-129F Sent : 7-16-2014

I-129F NOA1 : 7-23-2014

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2-12-2014

NVC Received : Not sure, but mailed to them 2-20-15

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 3-3-15

NVC Left : Not sure but when I checked website on 3-10-15 it says "In Transit"

Consulate Received : 3-17-15

Packet 3 Received : 3-23-15

Packet 3 Sent : 3-26-15

Packet 4 Received : 3-27-15

Interview Date : 6-23-15

Interview Result : Visa Approved

Second Interview (If Required): N/A

Second Interview Result: N/A

Visa Received : 7-3-15

US Entry : 7-8-15

Marriage : 8-11-15

Mail AOS Packet: 8-28-15

AOS Packet received at Chicago lockbox: 8-31-15

Acceptance Text and Email received: 9-3-15

Check cashed: 9-4-15

NOA1 for all packets received: 9-8-15

Biometrics letter received 9-12-15 with appointment scheduled for 9-25-15

Early walk in Biometrics done: 9-22-15

Status changed to EAD/AP card ordered: 10-22-15

EAD/AP card mailed: 10-26-15

EAD/AP card received: 10-29-15

I-485 Approved: 12-19-15

Green Card Received: 12-21-15

event.png

Timeline

Thank you! I checked my case status online and it does show updated today with the general inquiry and it has the number the guy gave me over the phone; however, it does say it hasn't been assigned yet for processing. I guess even the inquiries have to be assigned to somebody so we shall see if it's really a week, or if they take forever on this as well.

I would imagine the inquiries take some kind of time sensitive importance since they seem to have more accountability to them, plus inquiries being filed means they really REALLY need to step their game up since you have to be at that point to file one...anyways best of luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

First I want say,sorry for my english ;) But I want tell you,I'm in a german forum site and they say there the TSC is now at the processing date July !!! So I think when this is true,the USCIS homepage is not up to date.I hope so ! I hope my english is good enough and you all understand what I wrote and what I mean ! I thought it is good when I give you my information.

K1 Visa

07/22/2014 Sent I-129f

07/28/2014 NOA1

03/11/2015 RFE

05/28/2015 NOA 2

07/09/2015 Pack 3 received

07/15/2015 Pack 3 sent back

07/23/2015 Medical in Frankfurt

07/28/2015 Interview

08/04/2015 Visa receive :dance::D

Timeline

First I want say,sorry for my english ;) But I want tell you,I'm in a german forum site and they say there the TSC is now at the processing date July !!! So I think when this is true,the USCIS homepage is not up to date.I hope so ! I hope my english is good enough and you all understand what I wrote and what I mean ! I thought it is good when I give you my information.

Thank you Litisa!!! You're English was just fine :) It's nice to hear the reality instead of the May 6th date that keeps being thrown at us. They haven't updated the USCIS page since October I believe. OMG I pray we all get approvals soon :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You're welcome and I'm glad you understand me and what I wrote :) I saw my fiance the last time before 5 1/2 month and it is so sad.I miss him so much and I hope the time goes fast till I can see him again.

So good luck for you and us :)

K1 Visa

07/22/2014 Sent I-129f

07/28/2014 NOA1

03/11/2015 RFE

05/28/2015 NOA 2

07/09/2015 Pack 3 received

07/15/2015 Pack 3 sent back

07/23/2015 Medical in Frankfurt

07/28/2015 Interview

08/04/2015 Visa receive :dance::D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.