Dan and Judy

CA Man Arrested for Cooking Dog and Feeding It to His Ex

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"So here’s probably one of the most messed-up things you’ve ever heard: a California man was arrested this week for killing his ex-girlfriend’s dog, cooking it, and feeding it to her.

Ryan Watenpaugh‘s ex told police that while they were going out, he had attacked her a number of times. After one such instance, when she returned to her apartment, she found her Pomeranian missing.

Fast-forward to last week, when the two of them briefly reconciled. Watenpaugh reportedly cooked a meal for her, but later on texted her to ask how her dog tasted.

And on top of that, she claims he left two of its paws outside her apartment door. Police arrested Watenpaugh Thursday on charges of animal cruelty, domestic violence, stalking and false imprisonment."

This guy should be fed to the dogs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

~~Title edited to match article~~

I thought I put a link in there

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ca-man-arrested-for-cooking-dog-and-feeding-it-to-his-ex/

I just used the title that came with it.

interesting, the article itself has an internal link that goes somewhere else

Edited by Dan and Judy

Filed: Other Timeline

How can eating a dog be animal cruelty yet eating a cow is ok?

It's not just any dog, it's a specific dog that was part of the life of that person. If you had the same relationship with a cow as you did with your pet dog, you probably wouldn't want to eat it either. Of course some people think that eating any animal is wrong but it's not 'cruel'. Cruelty is treating something badly while it is alive, not eating it after it is dead.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I thought I put a link in there

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ca-man-arrested-for-cooking-dog-and-feeding-it-to-his-ex/

I just used the title that came with it.

interesting, the article itself has an internal link that goes somewhere else

Yeah, i assumed the article was from the link in the first sentence. No problem, I'll change it back. Try to add the original article link at the bottom or something in the future. Some folks like to read the actual article.

Filed: Timeline

Try to add the original article link at the bottom or something in the future. Some folks like to read the actual article.

I always link to the article to which I refer in my post, yet you've been editing your merry way through my posts with abandon. What gives?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I always link to the article to which I refer in my post, yet you've been editing your merry way through my posts with abandon. What gives?

The title of the thread is supposed to match the title of the article being quoted. I changed to match the link you supplied. This is not a new thing. Just a bit administrative work, no biggie.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

How can eating a dog be animal cruelty yet eating a cow is ok?

You honestly think that this is the salient point to be taken from this article!?

The guy who did this was clearly doing it for because he got some sort of sadistic kick out of it.

But no, clearly there is no difference between a guy behaving in a psychotic way and the ethics of meat production :rolleyes:

Sometimes this site really does make me laugh.

Barbeque can be especially tasty. Even when you're just out looking for your missing friend at the Whistle Stop Cafe and get offered some of your favorite barbeque. Southern folks shore know how to make ya eat crow; or your best friend when necessary. So, a little woof, woof before a meal, might not be so bad.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Stan Shaw, playing the character "Big George" in the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes." In this scene, Big George is covertly cooking up a missing and abusive white sheriff for another not-missing white sheriff who played the character of woodpecker white southern sheriff quite well. If you've not seen this movie, suggest you put it on your to do list. It was one of Jessica Tandy's best accompanied by Cathy Bates.

dhe53c.jpg

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Timeline

You honestly think that this is the salient point to be taken from this article!?

The guy who did this was clearly doing it for because he got some sort of sadistic kick out of it.

But no, clearly there is no difference between a guy behaving in a psychotic way and the ethics of meat production :rolleyes:

Sometimes this site really does make me laugh.

I just hate when authorities trump up charges. If the dog was killed humanely it shouldn't be animal cruelty, that or we outlaw meat.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg