XYZ123

Please help! Suprise dismissal

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I do not know how quickly they would get it worked out for you. You may need to keep on top of them and even get the Congressman to inquire about the mistake and getting it settled.

There is no K-1 denial though. Even if it is in the system as a denial, it is only a denial of your I-129F petition. Your fiancee has not even applied for the K-1 visa yet.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ah, thanks for clarifying. So it shouldn't have an effect on the B-2?

Depends on what exactly you mean by ''effect''.

The B-2 is still valid and she will be able to leave russia... but will she be allowed in? If thats what you mean.. it's very tricky. Lets assume she comes to the States on a B-2.. as soon as she gets to the passport control with the homeland security, everything she had to do with the homeland security will show up on the screen. Every denial notice will show up. The USCIS is part of the homeland security. And if anything even signifies a ''denied'' she will be not permitted to enter the US. Now you will hear different versions about this, so how do i know?

I wanted to visit my Fiancee between K-1 approval and my interview. We wanted to go on a cruise and then visit germany together and go to my interview before we leave back to the states. Simple. So i wanted to enter the US and I had a valid B-2 and an approved K-1 though not attached to my passport yet. I could not pass as usual! I had to go to the glass box and wait, just to have a yelling officer in front of me asking me who Michelle ****** was... I had nothing to hide and told them its my fiancee i intend to visit. They thought i wanted to enter and get married without the K-1... Even though my K-1 technically was approved they did not care. I had left on a B-2... I had looots of prove that i had to go back to germany, the interview notice included... the cruise tickets... my fiancees tickets to germany... They called my fiancee and asked her everything. I then could pass... the whole procedure took like 2h.. They know everything as soon as they scan your passport... every application, every approval letter.

So to your question: Yes her B-2 is fine... Is it affected by your current problem? Yep. If the homeland security sees her trying to come in, it is highly unlikely that she will be permitted in. It doesnt matter why she is coming, they will assume that she intends to get married and stay. Of course I have no idea why you ask, but if she wants to visit you because you guys miss each other, you should visit her.

I have first hand experience on it and my K-1 was approved. I saw other people from the ''glass box'' being sent back to their countries..

I hope this helps you a little a...

(L) Married 03/18/14 (L)

AOS

AOS filed: 04/04/14

Files received: 04/09/14

NOA1: 04/15/14

Biometrics letter: 04/18/14

Biometrics completed: 05/13/14

EAD shipped: 06/19/14

Potential interview waiver: 07/11/14

Unsuccessful Infopass: 08/11/14

Third expedite request approved: 08/26/14

GC in production: 08/26/14

GC received: 03/09/14

Enlistment oath for the US ARMY 28/10/14

How does one have an appeal dismissed and a decision upheld if there was never a decision made or an appeal filed?

In the same way one gets a notice that their change of address was approved, when they never filed for one. USCIS, need we say more.

Edited by Fan_Dancer

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My apologies, I did not mean to seem mean and apathetic towards the situation. what I meant to say was, maybe immigration does not think she is who you think she is.

Update:Just spoke to a tier II and she confirmed that their computer system experienced some issues over the weekend. Her record had no mention of a dismissal, and she said my case is actually being reviewed by an officer.

It seems like the crisis has been averted, but I can't help but wonder why we even have the tier I representatives if they have the same resources as we do, and if anything tend to make the situation more complicated than not.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The Tier I reps are there to filter out the people who require simple answers, that way the Tier II reps aren't overloaded (as they already are if you can tell by the wait times).

Honestly, they'd do better with the Tier I reps if they could manage to train them slightly better and give them slightly more access to information.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

In the same way one gets a notice that their change of address was approved, when they never filed for one. USCIS, need we say more.

Exactly. A mistake.

Update:Just spoke to a tier II and she confirmed that their computer system experienced some issues over the weekend. Her record had no mention of a dismissal, and she said my case is actually being reviewed by an officer.

It seems like the crisis has been averted, but I can't help but wonder why we even have the tier I representatives if they have the same resources as we do, and if anything tend to make the situation more complicated than not.

Glad you got confirmation of the status update mistake. Hopefully your case is being processed right now and you will get your real status update soon.

The call center hires people to answer the phones and gives them a script to be able to answer basic questions. It is just a way to have enough people to man the phones and not need the immigration officers to speak to everyone that calls. If you have something beyond basic to ask though, you need to ask for a tier 2 immigration officer to get on the line.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.