T&K.Love

Medical exam date wasnt received in interview appointment letter - how to know when medical is ?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We received interview appointement letter, thankfully.

But there is no date about when medical exam happens- it only say " prepare for the medical exam" - and dont say when it takes place and where specifically.

Should we wait for another email about when medical exam is ? or we would need to contact embassy to ask when it is? Hm...im a bit confused on if to wait to be informed when it is ....or it is somehow omitted at interview appointemnt letter.

Please check the Website for the Embassy that you are using. You should find info there on how to setup your medical exam. This is on you they do not schedule it for you. You must have this done prior to your interview. Please fill out your timeline. It will help those here to provide you the best info.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Also it has to be a panel physician close to his/her country. he or she needs to schedule her own appointment & obtain vaccine medical history & take it with them to their medical exam. they will also needs a passport, interview letter, 2 passport photos.

(L)Ramiza & Idriz (L)

You need to check to see how to get the medical. Most of us have to book our own. Since you have no timeline or profile information I suggest finding your embassy or consulate here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/ and seeing if it's updated with the medical information or you can check here; http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html and find your country on the list and book your medical exam.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

thanks !

This is what writes at section "FAQ" of embassy we use :

"We will send you medical instructions with your appointment notice. Please do not apply for exam until we send you the instructions. Medical exams can only be completed by an approved panel physician "

This is written in FAQ at site of embassy we use, not in interview letter.

So i have no idea if to contact the embassy and ask to appoint it or they will send when it is?

So confused right now

Check the second link I sent you about medical exams.

thank you a lot ! yes i found there specific places where to take it. but still it dont write if to contact them and appoint it or wait for them to inform for it...i dont know...i ll also try to get response on regional forum.

• 3 weeks later...

it would be of help to know.

x-ray chest, blood examples, urin examples, tests for std and such, vaccines record....what are the questions in the questionnaire asked there ( how much questions and what is asked there in generally? ).

I guess it depends where exam is done but i guess one can know approximately

Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

They are usually only looking for long term illness that would cause damage in large populations (eg. TB, AIDS, Dengue, Polio, etc.). If you had something in the past and it was treated they would want proof of that diagnosis and the outcome.

Otherwise, it is all quickly done. My wife had hers done within a day in Bahrain. My daughters is still waiting to be done as she needs to travel to Manila. That one takes 5 days minimum due to the number of people.

Go to this website and select your local embassy / consulate to get further information on your location.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html

This varies regionally. What country? I can then move your post to your regional area.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** two related threads merged to keep all info in one place *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.