_Paul&Jesica_

September 2014 AOS Filers

2,278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just had a job interview this morning,, was kinda nervous.. but I don't know if I got the position since the interviewer didn't say if I was hired or not. He just told me to wait for a call from the HR Department.. another waiting game for this -_-

Same situation here, what company and job position u are applying for?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally some more movement on our AOS! :dancing: We have our interview scheduled for Feb 4, 2015! Received the following email today, What a way to begin the new year :)

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On January 1, 2015, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. Your interview is on February 4, 2015. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by January 31, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Hi, guys!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YA"LL!!! May it be the best year yet for all of you!!! :)

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on our situation:

Our AOS was sent in November,

Biometrics letter received on Dec 3 and biometrics done on Dec 17,

I checked our case status online today and it says that our I-485 is ready to be scheduled for an interview. What does it mean? That everything is ok? I am surprised that there are still no updates on my I-796 form, which right now is my biggest concern as I got a job offer...Reading through all your posts I noticed that the first thing everybody gets is EAD...So I am really confused now...

And the main problems is that we have never got any email/texts notifications AT ALL - all we have been getting is hard copies (even though we have submitted the G-1145 form). Neither can I access my online account - ever since I signed up. It always says: Error has occured. Contact tech support. But there is no link to a tech support anywhere on the webpage...Is there any chance I am missing on some important info or everything we need we will be getting via mail? Could you guys let me know if any of you encountered anything like that?

I would highly appreciate any feedback!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Happy new year iris!! Good luck on your interview next week ! ( its next week right?) Lol

Thanks :) :) it's in almost 2 weeks, I was actually organizing documents this morning with my husband, almost done since I don't have too much lol, I just need to print some extra pictures and last bank statement and we are done.

We just got home from the SSA ( finally haha ) :D

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

Hi, guys!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YA"LL!!! May it be the best year yet for all of you!!! :)

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on our situation:

Our AOS was sent in November,

Biometrics letter received on Dec 3 and biometrics done on Dec 17,

I checked our case status online today and it says that our I-485 is ready to be scheduled for an interview. What does it mean? That everything is ok? I am surprised that there are still no updates on my I-796 form, which right now is my biggest concern as I got a job offer...Reading through all your posts I noticed that the first thing everybody gets is EAD...So I am really confused now...

And the main problems is that we have never got any email/texts notifications AT ALL - all we have been getting is hard copies (even though we have submitted the G-1145 form). Neither can I access my online account - ever since I signed up. It always says: Error has occured. Contact tech support. But there is no link to a tech support anywhere on the webpage...Is there any chance I am missing on some important info or everything we need we will be getting via mail? Could you guys let me know if any of you encountered anything like that?

I would highly appreciate any feedback!!!

Hi! I see you live in Atlanta too :) it takes 2 months for ATL people to get EAD ( for the past months we all have been in that time )

Can you look at your case just writing the case number without logging session????

There are times when people get interviews so fast that they get their green card before the EAD is approved. Since you say you got that update about your interview, you could be one of those. That's better to have directly the green card! You just have to wait when there is a time you will get the letter. There is nothing you are missing by not getting text or emails. Hard copies is the important thing and they usually arrive in a few days after the emails, so don't worry about that!!

By the way your case is going very fast! Atlanta office is usually not the fastest one so feel lucky :)

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Hi! I see you live in Atlanta too :) it takes 2 months for ATL people to get EAD ( for the past months we all have been in that time )

Can you look at your case just writing the case number without logging session????

There are times when people get interviews so fast that they get their green card before the EAD is approved. Since you say you got that update about your interview, you could be one of those. That's better to have directly the green card! You just have to wait when there is a time you will get the letter. There is nothing you are missing by not getting text or emails. Hard copies is the important thing and they usually arrive in a few days after the emails, so don't worry about that!!

By the way your case is going very fast! Atlanta office is usually not the fastest one so feel lucky :)

Hi, IRIScv!! Thank so much for such a prompt response!! Made me feel so much better RIGHTAWAY! :) Yes, I am south of Atlanta...And, yes i can look up my case without logging session, fortunately. It's just I was not sure if that was enough - I guess I am just being impatient and overthink things, as always...Heh

Hi, IRIScv!! Thank so much for such a prompt response!! Made me feel so much better RIGHTAWAY! :) Yes, I am south of Atlanta...And, yes i can look up my case without logging session, fortunately. It's just I was not sure if that was enough - I guess I am just being impatient and overthink things, as always...Heh

Timeline

You are welcome :) I didn't have profile for the first two months because I was too lazy to create one and I would always look at my cases typing the numbers which is actually more work hahaha so don't worry. You see exactly the same that logging session, it's all good.

By the way is you nickname because the movie??? I love that movie Amelie.

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

Same situation here, what company and job position u are applying for?

I applied in a hospital for Nursing Assistant

AOS sent - August 29, 2014

AOS Received - Sept 2, 2014

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Biometrics - Sept 24, 2014

AED/AP Production - November 12, 2014

Combo Card Received - November 20, 2014

AOS Ready for Interview - November 14, 2014

Case Update (for Interview) - December 3, 2014

Interview Date - January 6, 2015

Approved: January 6, 2015

New Card Production - January 6, 2015

Registered New Resident Status & Mailed Welcome Notice- January 7, 2015

New Card Mailed to My address- January 12, 2015

Green Card Received- January 15, 2015

Happy New Year guyz,,, Interview will be on Tuesday Jan 6. Kinda excited, we're not nervous since our documents are all ready.. God Bless us all

:dancing::dancing:

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Happy New Year guyz,,, Interview will be on Tuesday Jan 6. Kinda excited, we're not nervous since our documents are all ready.. God Bless us all

:dancing::dancing:

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally some more movement on our AOS! :dancing: We have our interview scheduled for Feb 4, 2015! Received the following email today, What a way to begin the new year :)

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On January 1, 2015, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. Your interview is on February 4, 2015. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by January 31, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

mine is on Feb 3, 2015! Good luck to both of us!

You are welcome :) I didn't have profile for the first two months because I was too lazy to create one and I would always look at my cases typing the numbers which is actually more work hahaha so don't worry. You see exactly the same that logging session, it's all good.

By the way is you nickname because the movie??? I love that movie Amelie.

Yes, it is :) I love that movie too! Amybe I should watch it again - it's been a good while since I have seen it last time :) It is not very popular here in the States

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Amelia, your status change of I485 ready to be scheduled for an interview means you will get a second update later saying "On xx(month) xx(day), 2015 we scheduled you for an interview..... Your interview is on xx(month) xx(day), 2015." Just like the one Paul&Jesica got above. Now the second update could take a 3-10 days (best case scenario) or weeks/months. Various people have experienced such here on VJ.

You may still get an update on your EAD within the next couple of days/weeks so hang in there. For some people it comes within a few days of an I485 update, with uscis, you just never know ?

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I have just checked my online SSC account and my name was updated to my married name today, Jan 2nd! After 3 full weeks since Dec 15th! Granted Xmas and New Years days off. I did speak with the SSA office this Tuesday, Dec 30th and they told me it was still not updated. So happy it was done today!

So for future applicants, I recommend making a my social security account online to find out as soon as your name gets updated in the system. It might take a few days for the SSC to arrive in the mail.

I-751 ROC Timeline
Sun, 11/27/2016 - 90 days before Green Card expiration on 2/25/2016
Tue, 11/29/2016 8:30 AM - Mailed out I-751 ROC petition to USCIS California Service Center
Wed, 11/30/2016 11:40 AM - USCIS California Service Center signed for receipt of petition
Fri, 12/2/2016 - Check cashed by the USCIS California Service Center per our online banking account
Sat, 12/3/2016 - Received NOA (one-year conditional resident status extension) in the mail with receipt date and time of 11/30/2016 at 19:29 (7:29 pm)
Fri, 12/9/2016 - Received biometrics appointment letter dated 12/3/2016 with appointment scheduled for 12/23/2016

Wed, 12/14/2016 2:14 PM - Successful early walk-in for my biometrics at the Santa Ana USCIS

Thu, 05/03/2018 - My ROC case was transferred from CSC to NBC

Mon, 06/25/2018 - My ROC and Naturalization Interview was scheduled for Wed, 08/01/2018

Wed, 08/01/2018 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

Mon, 11/27/2017 8:00 AM - Submitted online application for Naturalization: Form N-400, supporting evidence & credit card payment

Tue, 11/28/2017 3:07 AM - NOA confirmation of application receipt was uploaded to my online USCIS account. Processing time for naturalization to be 10 months (to be completed September 2018)

Sat, 12/02/2017 3:06 AM - Received notification that my biometrics appointment was scheduled but the document showing the date and time has not yet been uploaded

Tue, 12/05/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Letter was uploaded to my USCIS account. Scheduled for 12/22/2017 at 8:00 am at USCIS Tustin

Tue, 12/05/2017 2:00 PM - Early walk-in biometrics completed at USCIS Tustin

Mon, 06/25/2018 - My ROC and Naturalization Interview was scheduled for Wed, 08/01/2018

Wed, 08/01/2018 - ROC and Naturalization Interview - Approved

Fri, 08/24/2018 - Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing Timeline

Fri, 08/24/2018 - Passport Application at Irvine Passport Acceptance Facility

Fri, 08/31/2018 - Received notification via email that passport is being processed

Mon, 09/04/2018 - Check for $110.00 to US Department of State for passport application was cashed

Mon, 09/17/2018 - Passport received via USPS

Thu, 09/20/2018 - Naturalization certificate returned via USPS

Good luck!

Thanx Kash2011

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.