2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good day!

Hi

Please help. F3 derivatives case here(grand daughter) but problem with aging-out. My Mom is currently processing her petition but wasnt aware of the CPSA law / policy. We have no attorney to handle this case.

3 of my minor siblings will go with her

2 (including me ) aged-out cspa computation 9yrs.old and 8 yrs.old

Filed- 1993

Approved- 2012

Petition - current 2015

Reinstated Humanitarian reason

We informed the nvc about our case just recently and they answered back that we have to wait for the decision but with no specific date when.

Question , do we need to wait for the reply or go proceed to embassy since we may qualify for cpsa and/ or process the DS-230?

My mother's papers are now forwarder do nvc .

Please help .thank you :)

I'm not really sure what your question is, but if you were 8 or 9 years old in 1993 when the application was made and the application was approved in 2012, your cspa age in 2015 would have been either 12 or 13. Your age would be frozen at this point once the process started so as far as cspa goes, your application will be processed as a 12 or 13 year old.

Edited by EdgeOfTomorrow

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Timeline

After 20th NVC issues IL. Mostly 22 to 28. So waiting is for 10 days, you will get clues for August.

Do you have a link on the NVC website for this?

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi mr. edgeoftomorrow

im confused with "seek to acquire"

is sending an email to nvc a form of "seek to acquire''?

or file a ds - 230 and pay ? very confusing..we only have months to figure this out , our petition is "current" and cspa noted that we have to ''seek to acquire' with in one year when your petition is current.

thank you

asef

Timeline

First and foremost I am not an immigration lawyer and any advice I provide here is from my own experiences and my own understanding. I am only a passenger on the same train as everyone else here.

I will try and explain my understanding of seek to acquire in the simplest way possible:

If you were selling a car and I agreed to buy that car from you without giving you a deposit, that would be just be "seek" because I have made no commitment to buy that car from you.

If you were selling a car and I agreed to buy that car from you and I gave you a deposit and you gave me a receipt for that deposit, then that would be "seek to acquire", because I have made you a commitment.

Now with regard to NVC, sending them an email does not make it "seek to acquire", because then anyone could send an email and say yes, I want a visa. Imagine if everyone did this and NVC saved a visa for all of these people. Only half the people take the visa and the other half don't bother. That would be a lot of wasted visas.

In order to fulfill "the seek to acquire", you must complete the appropriate forms and pay the fees within one year of your petition becoming current because then you have shown the commitment that you actually do seek to acquire a visa.

Hope this helps.

EOT

Timeline

Any update IL plz share

Alpeah, please don't take what I am about to say to you the wrong way. I'm sure when anyone on this forum has an update to share, they will share it with all of us. Posting "any update IL plz share" every few days does not help anyone. In fact it creates needless posts, which new forum members have to read through and it makes me not want to post any update if and when I actually get any update. It also makes you sound like the little kid on a long journey who says "are we there yet?" every 2 minutes. It doesn't add any value to this forum.

Thanks.

EOT

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First and foremost I am not an immigration lawyer and any advice I provide here is from my own experiences and my own understanding. I am only a passenger on the same train as everyone else here.

I will try and explain my understanding of seek to acquire in the simplest way possible:

If you were selling a car and I agreed to buy that car from you without giving you a deposit, that would be just be "seek" because I have made no commitment to buy that car from you.

If you were selling a car and I agreed to buy that car from you and I gave you a deposit and you gave me a receipt for that deposit, then that would be "seek to acquire", because I have made you a commitment.

Now with regard to NVC, sending them an email does not make it "seek to acquire", because then anyone could send an email and say yes, I want a visa. Imagine if everyone did this and NVC saved a visa for all of these people. Only half the people take the visa and the other half don't bother. That would be a lot of wasted visas.

In order to fulfill "the seek to acquire", you must complete the appropriate forms and pay the fees within one year of your petition becoming current because then you have shown the commitment that you actually do seek to acquire a visa.

Hope this helps.

EOT

Timeline

PD is priority date

any IL guys?

No and NVC have no information at this point either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.