2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi guys, will CSPA delay a case ?

Speaking from my personal experience it does add a slight delay. From my understanding the application of the person under CSPA review will be processed separately. My eldest son turned 21 just before our paperwork was processsed. It was sent for CSPA review which we were told should have been done within 30 days, which it wasn't. It was then escalated by a supervisor automatically and we were told his application would be processed when a visa became available. We never received a case complete notification, however, when my wife spoke to NVC (either January or February) she was told our case was complete. Now we're just waiting for visas to be come available.

If you call NVC they will tell you that they cannot give you a timeframe for CSPA review. No one really knows how long CSPA review really takes. My son doesn't finish university for another year so it isn't that big of an issue for us right now. When you speak to NVC you can get different answers from different agents because even they don't seem really sure. As long as your child qualifies under CSPA review, then a visa will be available for them as part of the original visa application which means that they don't have to start the process all over again.

Edited by EdgeOfTomorrow

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Speaking from my personal experience it does add a slight delay. From my understanding the application of the person under CSPA review will be processed separately. My eldest son turned 21 just before our paperwork was processsed. It was sent for CSPA review which we were told should have been done within 30 days, which it wasn't. It was then escalated by a supervisor automatically and we were told his application would be processed when a visa became available. We never received a case complete notification, however, when my wife spoke to NVC (either January or February) she was told our case was complete. Now we're just waiting for visas to be come available.

If you call NVC they will tell you that they cannot give you a timeframe for CSPA review. No one really knows how long CSPA review really takes. My son doesn't finish university for another year so it isn't that big of an issue for us right now. When you speak to NVC you can get different answers from different agents because even they don't seem really sure. As long as your child qualifies under CSPA review, then a visa will be available for them as part of the original visa application which means that they don't have to start the process all over again.

Thanku for your time, that was really helpful :)

PD: 31 May 2005

WL: January 5 2016

CC: 2 December 2016

Interview : 23 may 2017

visa issued: 14 July 2017

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day!

Hi

Please help. F3 derivatives case here(grand daughter) but problem with aging-out. My Mom is currently processing her petition but wasnt aware of the CPSA law / policy. We have no attorney to handle this case.

3 of my minor siblings will go with her

2 (including me ) aged-out cspa computation 9yrs.old and 8 yrs.old

Filed- 1993

Approved- 2012

Petition - current 2015

Reinstated Humanitarian reason

We informed the nvc about our case just recently and they answered back that we have to wait for the decision but with no specific date when.

Question , do we need to wait for the reply or go proceed to embassy since we may qualify for cpsa and/ or process the DS-230?

My mother's papers are now forwarder do nvc .

Please help .thank you :)

Edited by asef

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi asef

Cspa calculation age + processing time (between petition file and approved)

So age + 19 year is cspa

Ready documents and hope NVC positive reply.

Other side, if not approved, when mother get green card and filed new petition for child they maybe grace years as previous file approved duration 19 years. lawyer will do it.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Update:-

My PD is 01 August 2005 and waiting for opening of my case for processing of documents. Right now in July VB within chart # 2, NVC is in process of applications submitted before 01 August 2005. Today some 5 hrs before posting this update, my CEAC login was not showing Petitioner name and now it has been updated and petitioner name is there. So in upcoming VB definitely 2nd chart going to move by couple of months. So Insha Allah chart#1 will also move with decent numbers of days.

Hope Fully this will help MLQ and others who are patiently waiting for their PD to become current.

Edited by netkit

Category F3                                                                       Documents submitted --  3 February 2017

PD 01 August 2005                                                          Case Complete --             17 October 2017

Case approval 09 January 2006                                    VB month for PD to be current -- November 2017

Changeability Rest of World                                           IL received --                                   10 January 2018

Invoice ID Available                                                          Interview Date --                             12 April  2018

Case open 28 September 2016                                     Status with AP                                 17 April 2018                                 

Welcome Letter 30 September 2016                            Status with Issued                          18 April 2018       

Invoice Paid -- 28 December 2016

DS 260 filled --  2 February 2017 

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Update:-

My PD is 01 August 2005 and waiting for opening of my case for processing of documents. Right now in July VB within chart # 2, NVC is in process of applications submitted before 01 August 2005. Today some 5 hrs before posting this update, my CEAC login was not showing Petitioner name and now it has been updated and petitioner name is there. So in upcoming VB definitely 2nd chart going to move by couple of months. So Insha Allah chart#1 will also move with decent numbers of days.

Hope Fully this will help MLQ and others who are patiently waiting for their PD to become

Hi netkit,

Thanks a lot for update, last year PD with August to December 2004 had received their welcome letters in the end of june 2015,so hope you will get ur welcome letter very soon InshaAllah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.