OriZ

"Stop blaming Israel and wake up: The black flag of jihad is the REAL threat to the world"

293 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I don't care if they do or don't but if they don't then whatever they say and whatever their viewpoint is obviously uneducated and thus null and void.

If you don't think anyone is demonizing a whole society maybe you should read more carefully some of the comments, especially those of your buddy Expat. He has made that abundantly clear to anyone who just want to see it. Sorry you just don't want to see it.

Bus full of children pelted with stones in East Jerusalem

Rock-throwing in the Palestinian neighborhoods in the capital has turned into somewhat of a routine in recent weeks.

Last week, a bus shuttling students from the south was stoned near the Tomb of Samuel, and on Tuesday, a 44-year-old was lightly wounded from stones thrown at his car in Beit Hanina.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4573364,00.html

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

While the whiners keep whining, Israel keeps helping.

Joining international effort to combat the raging Ebola epidemic, Israel has announced it will send medical aid and experts to Africa to treat patients who have tested positive for the virus that has claimed the lives of 2,600 people so far.

Nearly 5,300 people have become ill from Ebola in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria and Senegal since it was first recorded in March. Doctors Without Borders says that figure could rise to more than 20,000 and end up costing nearly $1 billion to contain.

The Foreign Ministry has already sent two doctors to Cameroon, who will help in preventing the spread of the virus. Additional doctors will be deployed in the near future. Later on this week, Israel will also send a shipment of medicine and medical equipment to the affected countries.

Stressing the country's commitment to help Africa fight the virus, Israel's UN Ambassador Ron Prosor stated during a UN Security Council emergency session on Ebola earlier this week that "the international community holds the tools and knowledge to save thousands of lives, yet so far the global response has proved itself to be insufficient.

"As soon as a new treatment facility opens, it immediately fills to overflowing," Prosor said, adding that "patients and families are lining up outside begging for help.

"From Haiti to Ghana and more recently the Philippines, Israel has lent a helping hand to dozens of countries," he further stated.

"The time for global action is now. Tens of thousands of lives and the future of West Africa hang in the balance. Every country, no matter how small, has a role to play in combatting the Ebola epidemic," the Israeli ambassador said.

Five Ebola species

The Israeli aid group IsraAid will also be sending two teams of medical experts to Sierra Leone and Liberia. One team will assist in launching a trauma treatment program which aims to help the population cope with fears of the disease and stress caused as a result of the outbreak.

Another medical team will advise residents on how to maintain personal hygiene in order to prevent the spread of the virus.

There are five known distinct species of Ebola, and the outbreak raging in west Africa stems from the Zaire species.

That species caused the world's first known Ebola outbreak in DR Congo in 1976, which until now was the deadliest on record, with 280 deaths.

The current DR Congo outbreak meanwhile is believed to come from two separate species, the Zaire and the Sudan species, which first surfaced in Sudan, also in 1976.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4573413,00.html

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't care if they do or don't but if they don't then whatever they say and whatever their viewpoint is obviously uneducated and thus null and void.

If you don't think anyone is demonizing a whole society maybe you should read more carefully some of the comments, especially those of your buddy Expat. He has made that abundantly clear to anyone who just want to see it. Sorry you just don't want to see it.

Rock-throwing in the Palestinian neighborhoods in the capital has turned into somewhat of a routine in recent weeks.

Last week, a bus shuttling students from the south was stoned near the Tomb of Samuel, and on Tuesday, a 44-year-old was lightly wounded from stones thrown at his car in Beit Hanina.

Rather arrogant to claim anyone who doesn't read everything you paste, ignorant.

Ever heard of selective reading? I suggest you use your phone intellectual prowess to filter all the information that you have access to...and choose the most salient points for any argument you may have.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post containing personal attack removed and returned below minus personal attack~~

I have made a decision though, and thank OriZ for motivating me to do it.

I just wrote all three congressmen to express my opinion that we have given too much blind support to Israel and that my exchanges with people that represent its government prove they hold us in extremely low regard.

No gratitude at all - none whatsoever - for what we've done.

There are very few things my entire lifetime I have written a congressman about, and this is the first time I have written all of them.

I hope others join me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Joining international effort to combat the raging Ebola epidemic, Israel has announced it will send medical aid and experts to Africa to treat patients who have tested positive for the virus that has claimed the lives of 2,600 people so far.

I wonder who they think they're fooling with they use medical treatment for a "photo-op" while systematically withholding medical care from their neighbors just to demonstrate that medical care, in addition to food and water, can also be used as a tool to oppress people whose property you want to occupy. Is up to date medical equipment in the occupied territories also a matter of national security? Who do you think is responsible for people in occupied areas? Let's review a couple of the Geneva Convention rules.

Article 33. No persons may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited. In World War II, the Germans carried out a form of collective punishment to suppress resistance. Entire villages or towns or districts were held responsible for any resistance activity that occurred in them. (my comment - that practice sure sounds familiar)

Art. 56. To the fullest extent of the means available to it, the Occupying Power has the duty of ensuring and maintaining, with the cooperation of national and local authorities, the medical and hospital establishments and services, public health and hygiene in the occupied territory, with particular reference to the adoption and application of the prophylactic and preventive measures necessary to combat the spread of contagious diseases and epidemics. Medical personnel of all categories shall be allowed to carry out their duties.

Do you need that interpreted for you? That doesn't mean dole out permits for medical care whenever one feels like it - that means providing medical equipment and facilities. If you can't do that there, you don't have any business flying anywhere else and pretending you can do it there. My view is that when a country does not follow the rules they have fairly earned and deserve a no-fly zone where they don't fly anywhere until they do learn to follow them.

http://electronicintifada.net/content/matter-revenge-israel-denying-medical-treatment-gaza/7224

“We had been waiting for an urgent referral to an outside hospital for the past six days, until he died today,” said Dr. Ismail Yassin Monday, in response to the death of one more patient at the Gaza Children’s Hospital.

Tamer al-Yazji, a 12-year-old chicken pox patient, died on Monday on his hospital bed after his referral to an Israeli hospital had been delayed.

Dr. Yassin explained that Tamer’s condition had gotten worse over the past few weeks, showing symptoms of blood problems in his brain, so the ill-equipped hospital requested his urgent referral for an MRI scan and follow-up, which meant accessing medical care facilities in Israel or Egypt.

Working in less than ideal conditions with fuel supplies cut and medicine not entering the strip, Gaza Children’s Hospital is currently hospitalizing a number of patients, including many infants and 10 cases of cardiac disease patients.

Director of the hospital’s infant intensive care unit, Dr. Shirin Abed, said that her unit provides care to a number of infants who are in bad need of medication.

Ahmad Abu Nada, a 21-day-old infant, Dr. Abed said, has been suffering from poor suckling since was born and that his condition is getting much worse.

“This baby’s condition has been deteriorating and unless he is referred for [outside] medical care, his brain could be damaged in the course of few days or few weeks, so we ask for help. We filed a request to the concerned authorities for his referral, yet we have not received any response,” she stated.

According to the health care workers at the hospital, usually the Palestinian Health Ministry in Gaza determines to where a patient will be referred: either to the Israeli Hadasah hospital or to the Palestinian-run al-Maqased hospital in East Jerusalem.

Now that the Hamas government has been in complete control of the Gaza Strip since June, the processing of such medical care transfer requests is taking longer than ever.

Earlier this month, a breast cancer patient died as her entry to Israel for treatment was delayed.

According to hospital officials, Gaza hospitals in general lack basic equipment such as MRI scanners or dialysis machines; therefore, many cases are being referred to outside Gaza every month.

Timeline

The Foreign Ministry has already sent two doctors to Cameroon, who will help in preventing the spread of the virus. Additional doctors will be deployed in the near future. Later on this week, Israel will also send a shipment of medicine and medical equipment to the affected countries.

So the doctors are going to strip random civilians, hide behind them, and use them as ebola shields?

In video testimony released by the Euro-Mid Observer for Human Rights, Ramadan Muhammad Qdeih recounts how Israeli forces stormed his home in Khuzaa, where some sixty members of his extended family were sheltering in the basement on 25 July, and forced them to act as human shields.

First, the Israeli soldiers shot dead his 65-year-old father Muhammad Qdeih near the entrance of the home as he tried to alert the soldiers to the presence of women and children while carrying a white flag.

Next, says Qdeih, the soldiers forcibly positioned members of his family, including the children, at the windows of his home and proceeded to fire from behind them.

“They ordered us to take off our clothes and tied our hands up,” says Qdeih. “They took us to one of the rooms and used us as shields, making us stand at the windows as if we were looking outside. I was at one window and three children from my family at another. The soldiers then began firing around us.”

For eight hours, Qdeih’s relatives were denied food and water as they were shuffled from one room to another with their hands restrained behind their backs and forced to stand in front of open windows as Israeli soldiers fired from behind their bodies.

Edited by Expat1

Timeline

Very ominous sign. This is just the help that suffering patients in other parts of the world need. Checkpoints and interrogation before treatment.

In addition to the delay of access of Gaza patients to outside hospitals, mainly Israeli ones, the internal Israeli intelligence agency, the Shabak (Shin Bet) is reportedly pressuring applicants to give information in exchange for permission.

“Upon arrival at the Erez crossing in northern Gaza, the Shabak officers start interrogating patients, demanding them to give the Shabak information about friends and neighbors. When a patient refuses to give such information, the Shabak sends him back to Gaza,” explained Miri Weingarten of Physicians for Human Rights-Israel (PHR), based in Tel Aviv.

Interesting that a doctor in Tel Aviv points this practice out.

Timeline

"their viewpoint is obviously uneducated and thus null and void" yeah right

United Nations Security Council Resolution 478, adopted on 20 August 1980, is one of seven UNSC resolutions condemning Israel's attempted annexation of East Jerusalem

Here's a clue: When busloads of students where they are supposed to be have rocks thrown at them, then the perps deserve punishment. When you bus children illegally around territory that you are occupying and oppressing and where you are not supposed to be, then you are endangering children for no purpose but political gain.

We are sick of hearing about incidents that happen in places where the people they happened to have been told NUMEROUS times that they have no legal right to be. We are sick of the stupid idea that you expect to be able to do whatever you want to anyone you want with no consequence.

So the answer to this post is - who cares. Get the children out of east Jerusalem and there will be no stones thrown at them. The difference between what you post and what I post is that the stories of oppression that I post happen outside your borders but the silly stories you post happen in places you are not supposed to be anyway.

Edited by Expat1