Rahfel

Bank Statement/letter

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The CO's at Montreal have accepted cosponsors before so I wouldn't worry about that.

Is there anyway you could email your fiance the IRS transcript from the IRS website? This can be used in place of the 1040 with W-2's. Also, we did not include a bank letter, but were asked for one later and it delayed things. It can be a copy, not an original so you could get one tomorrow and fax it or scan it and email it to your fiancee and get it there before his/her interview.

K-1 Timeline- 6 Month Process

2-26-14 NOA1

4-04-14 NOA2

6-13-14 Interview (221g Divorce Decree)

6-20-14 Document Sent

7-16-14 Email Request for Liquid Assets

7-23-14 Documents Sent

7-31-14 Case Creation Date changed

8-14-14 ISSUED!!

8-18-14 Visa in Hand

8-20-14 POE

10-11-14 Wedding

AOS & EAD Timeline

11-04-14 Express Mailed to Chicago

11-05-14 Delivered

11-07-14 NOA 1 via text

11-10-14 Check Cashed

11-13-14 Both NOA1's received in the mail

11-22-14 Biometrics letter received

12-03-14 Biometrics Appointment

01-15-15 EAD APPROVED!!!

02-23-15 Interview Waiver Letter Received

09-22-15 GC APPROVED!!!

09-26-15 GC IN HAND!

Bye USCIS until June 2017!

~Abby~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just used a letter from employer, some pay stubs and printed off a few months of bank statements for my Canadian K1 interview and I was fine. No tax information was asked for demanded. Depends on the consulate.

Let's not give "false" hope that by not providing 1040 will get you by. Apparently, you did provide it...that it wasn't asked for doesn't mean that it does not need to provided. The instructions are explicit...1040 with W2 AND pay stubs. So, let's not set these people up for failure. To say that it depends on the consulate is absolute rubbish! I'd like to hear what others immigrating from Canada have to say about this. I'm sure that your particular situation with the CO that interviewed the beneficiary had enough info not to ask. Failing to provide the info is a guaranteed 221(g)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, here's what we have managed to collect throughout the day

• letter from his employer (he forgot to mention he had that)
  • pay stubs for a year
  • W-2 and wage summery
  • 1040A Form
  • I-134 form completed

I have mentioned to him that he should log on to the IRS website to get copies of previous years tax transcripts. Waiting on him to do that. So it seems the only thing that is missing is an actual letter from the bank.

Has anyone from Canada been asked to show account info? Could he access his account online and print off a yearly summery?

I appreciate everyone's help with this. This whole paperwork process has caused more arguments between us than anything else! I guess if we can survive this process, we can get through anything together :)

Timeline

• pay stubs for a year
  • W-2 and wage summery
  • 1040A Form
  • I-134 form completed

I have mentioned to him that he should log on to the IRS website to get copies of previous years tax transcripts. Waiting on him to do that. So it seems the only thing that is missing is an actual letter from the bank.

Has anyone from Canada been asked to show account info? Could he access his account online and print off a yearly summery?

I appreciate everyone's help with this. This whole paperwork process has caused more arguments between us than anything else! I guess if we can survive this process, we can get through anything together :)

No need for bank statement...that is optional. A letter from the bank, however, is preferred...

Let's not give "false" hope that by not providing 1040 will get you by. Apparently, you did provide it...that it wasn't asked for doesn't mean that it does not need to provided. The instructions are explicit...1040 with W2 AND pay stubs. So, let's not set these people up for failure. To say that it depends on the consulate is absolute rubbish! I'd like to hear what others immigrating from Canada have to say about this. I'm sure that your particular situation with the CO that interviewed the beneficiary had enough info not to ask. Failing to provide the info is a guaranteed 221(g)!

I wasn't giving false hope or information, I was responding to your post specifically. You stated "Be sure to send your fiance the W2's for when she goes to the interview. They WILL ask and demand it...and give her a 221(g) form to provide additional required paperwork!" which is false information because it really depends on the consulate. They might and they potentially will ask for it, but not necessarily. In fact, my interview instruction letter given by my consulate did not ask for any W2s or tax information unless the petitioner was self employed so ...

Your instructions may have been explicit and stated in such a manner, but be cautious in the wording you choose as directions tend to be different from consulate to consulate, country to country. In fact, some places have even been know to let the beneficiary provide self-supporting evidence.

Cheers!

• pay stubs for a year
  • W-2 and wage summery
  • 1040A Form
  • I-134 form completed

I have read of other canucks being asked for liquid assets (bank statements) if yearly income is close to 125% of poverty level. Doesn't hurt to include as much as you can ... better safe than sorry!

All, link to the instruction page where it says you must provide entire tax return? I ask because I didn't see it in the instructions I looked at.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I'm looking at "What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2): " 5. C is where I see reference of the tax return, but that is prefaced with "If self employed."

Edited by Marco&Bettina

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It depends on the consulate is not absolute rubbish. It is a fact. Different consulates require different things. Some are more lax about the financials than others. Some are very strict and specific about what they want, and some are not. What instructions are explicit about a 1040 and W-2? The ones for the PI? The OP is going through Montreal. The instructions for Montreal state no such thing.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf

Co-sponsors are accepted in Canada.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I'm not sure why people suggest trying to collect all this financial information. I brought all sorts of financial info with the I-134, bank statements, letter from employer, tax transcript (all on advice from VJ). This is what happened at the interview in Montreal. She ask for the forms, then asked for the tax transcript. I had it, I gave it, nothing else was asked for to support the I-134. It's the easiest form to get, and its free. If you make enough money, you need no other evidence.

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

You didn't include the W2's? Did you not read the instructions??? You're likely to get an RFE. Be sure to send your fiance the W2's for when she goes to the interview. They WILL ask and demand it...and give her a 221(g) form to provide additional required paperwork!

A letter from the bank stating that you have an account, how much is on deposit and that you're a member in good standing is fine. I did not send in bank statements and it worked out fine. But, we're K3/Married.

You should know if you are 125% over the poverty level...simple math. Putting your mother in there is not likely to help. Co-sponsors for K1's are generally not accepted. Either you have the income or you don't. "Technically" doesn't cut it if you don't qualify. Just sayin'!

Pay very close attention to the instructions!!!! As another member here says: This Will Not Be EASY!!!

Good Luck...

You aren't required to submit W-2's. You just have to have evidence that you make at least 125% of the poverty line - W-2's are one way of doing that, however not the ONLY way. Read the instructions yourself. Tax returns are great if you have the W-2's if not get your IRS tax transcripts - you can request these for free online. It all really depends on the consulate - you may want to check a country-specific forum. I know that for UK, a copy of my tax transcripts or a letter from my employer are sufficient.

Timeline

You aren't required to submit W-2's. You just have to have evidence that you make at least 125% of the poverty line - W-2's are one way of doing that, however not the ONLY way. Read the instructions yourself. Tax returns are great if you have the W-2's if not get your IRS tax transcripts - you can request these for free online. It all really depends on the consulate - you may want to check a country-specific forum. I know that for UK, a copy of my tax transcripts or a letter from my employer are sufficient.

Then I stand corrected...my thought was that since it is, basically, USCIS/State Department, that there would be consistency with consular processing with regard to I-134 Affidavit of Support.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Low fraud consulates typically require less documentation. The I-134 form itself is not even an absolute requirement for getting the K-1 visa approved.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You should know if you are 125% over the poverty level...simple math. Putting your mother in there is not likely to help. Co-sponsors for K1's are generally not accepted. Either you have the income or you don't. "Technically" doesn't cut it if you don't qualify. Just sayin'!

THIS IS NOT TRUE! Although my situation is a bit different and I am on disability so we NEED a co-sponsor...you can HAVE one. After you get married, you file the 864 which is meant for co sponsors. My mom helped out my then fiancé and now husband with this and submitted all the forms.

I figured as much. I am above the Poverty Line. I did not see anything in the visa journey guidelines to submit the W2's so that's why I didn't. Either way I was able to get a copy and sent them to her. I'm just hoping we didn't forget anything else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.