Sunnymrut

Second IV for DV 2015

30 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Congrats to those with their 2nl.

Just a quick query.

If the primary applicant decides not to travel together with the children, do the children attend interview at the same time or not? Any advise pls.

Can you clarify what you mean by "travel together"? If the children need DV visas they must attend the interview even if they will travel later. If the primary applicant has decided to leave the children at home permanently, or to only apply to sponsor them separately on a family visa later, then they do not need to attend the interview. Be aware that the family visa route is more complicated, much longer and more expensive than the DV route.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ,

Thanx for your reply. No, not leaving the children at home permanently. Just to allow time until parents settled before joining them.

It was an idea to see if that's possible.

I THINK THE DV ROUTE IS PREFERABLE. THANKS AGAIN.

Edited by Blessed137

Am Blessed & Highly Favoured (L)

Hi all.

Has someone recieved today second letter? I still haven't recieved it. :(

They can take a few days to send all of them out. Don't worry, it will come :) (assuming of course you returned your forms in time for them to be processed for this round)

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

They can take a few days to send all of them out. Don't worry, it will come :) (assuming of course you returned your forms in time for them to be processed for this round)

Susie,

I have sent my DS-260 on the June 24th. Will my case be processed for this round?

Susie,

I have sent my DS-260 on the June 24th. Will my case be processed for this round?

Not sure to be honest. It may have been close. If you've missed this round you will be in November for sure.

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

Not sure to be honest. It may have been close. If you've missed this round you will be in November for sure.

Susie, Could you please look at my post here? Thanks!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/509927-ds-260-review/

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Congrats on your appointment, but I believe you mean 15 October 2014 !! right ! can you tell what is your CN ?

thanks

LOL,,, :rofl: ,,

yeah you are right khalid, thank for correction, i even not concern about the year, CN AS7xx

Spoiler

2009 = started to learn for DV visa

2010 = missed the chance, due to stay in the jungle,,seriously :cry:

2011 = missed the chance, due to work activity, too busy :crying:

2012 = started to learn again, and tried to apply DV visa, but finally not selected, and realize that i put with wrong background picture. failed to understand the requirement. :oops:

Spoiler

01/10/2013 = applied for DV visa, with fully sure that picture is exactly same what website asked.

01/05/2014 = website was down due to high traffic

03/05/2014 = check for DV winner, finally it shows congratulation, you have been selected for,,,,

26/07/2014 = submitted form DS 260.

15/08/2014 = got 2nd letter notification

27/09/2014 = medical check up done

15/10/2014 = got interview with US embassy, but case is pending

09/11/2014 = resubmit additional document

10/12/2014 = got email from US embassy to hand over all the passport

11/12/2014 = DV visa granted and printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------.............................

Spoiler

15/01/2015 = paid for immigration fee

16/03/2015 = landed safety in USA, POE = los angeles (LA)

31/03/2015=went back to home country

26/05/2015=come back to LA without plastic GC

28/05/2015=visited in person to SSA office, they claimed that SSN was sent already by immigration, SSA office made for replacement

04/06/2015=SSN in hand

09/06/2015=make ID

09/07/2015= GC in hand for 10 years 

.................................................................................................................

01/30/2020= Submit N400

01/31/2020=NOA1

02/07/2020= Got letter for Bio metric finger print 

02/20/2020= appointment for finger print (nice date)

01/14/2021= got notification for set up interview,,hiks hiks don't know when ?

02/24/2021 = interview date and pass 

02/24/2021 : checked my USCIS account and it said Oath ceremony notice was mailed to my address. 

03/26/2021 : the oath ceremony is done 😁😁 and got a certificate of us naturalization, 

Filed: Timeline

Hi SusieQQQ,

Thanx for your reply. No, not leaving the children at home permanently. Just to allow time until parents settled before joining them.

It was an idea to see if that's possible.

I THINK THE DV ROUTE IS PREFERABLE. THANKS AGAIN.

Yes th children are required to attend the interview with you, however they are not required to travel to the US at the same time as the mai applicant/principal selectee. They will however need to enter the US before the expiration date on their visa otherwise they will not be able to join you and activate their LPR status base on this selection.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.