Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I wonder what that means 'no family ties' do you necessarily have to have family in US to be eligible to come? I dunno... to Julie+ Matt hope everything goes well tomorrow! We are just waiting for my fiancé to receive his police certificate from Ghana. He mailed the stuff his family will need to take to the police station in Ghana last week....sigh so, hopefully it won't be too long of a process. also, when you sent your fiancé your affidavit of support, did you fill out the form exactly the way visa journey said? Let me know because my fiancé is London as well. best wishes!

We got the dreaded 221 G. The people at the medical KEPT HIS POLICE CERTIFICATE. They told him they'd send it to the embassy and they didn't. He was upset and crying when he called me. I asked him if the embassy gave him back his passport and forms, he told me no. I told him he's okay. This is a delay and that is all. I gave him the number to call the doctors office and he should be calling them now. And got through, they're telling him they didn't keep it, but he's certain they did. I gave him the number to call for his police certificate. He had to get the full one, btw. I'm just hoping it's not a huge delay...

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

One ray of hope my Fiance got a call this morning an they put our 2nd interview up to January 5 instead of the 15th. I pray this is a good sign

Why did you have to go to a second interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Why did you have to go to a second interview?

not sure, he was told that he would get a call. He got a call telling him instead of coming in on jan15th to come in jan 5th an bring passport and paper work that was given him.

Timeline

not sure, he was told that he would get a call. He got a call telling him instead of coming in on jan15th to come in jan 5th an bring passport and paper work that was given him.

at the first interview what paper did they give him. What did the paper say? I am just wondering if my fiance might still have a chance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

entonces brigettemarg ya esta tiempo para preparar los documentos para la entrevista. puedes hacer la DS160 . pueses ir a la sitia www.ceac.state.gov y hacer la DS160. despues haga la cita para su medico, deberias tener certificados de la policia de todos paises ha vivido. si donde estas es el unico todo esta bien. despues llene la forma que dice estas lista para la entrevista.

Timeline

julie+Matt my fiance has his UK police certificate, i hope it is the long version? Or what the embassy wants and needs. these things are so frustrating. still waiting on the ghana one although it was just a week ago he sent the stuff.

i guess I should tell my fiance when he goes to ensure that they give him back his police certificates. the ghanian embassy in london told him to bring the certificate to them once he receives it so that they can authenticate it. i guess make it more official.

i will also ask him if he got the full police certificate. hope so

Timeline

at the first interview what paper did they give him. What did the paper say? I am just wondering if my fiance might still have a chance

it was a 221G and it had return date of 1/15/15 @ 1pm and had administrative processing checked. he was given that his passport and a receipt of money he paid for the visa. I pray all go well with you guys. she originally told him that she would call him but if he did not hear from her to come back on the 1/15/15 date. he got a call this am that said he had been put up to 1/5/15 to come an bring the passport and paper work back

Timeline

it was a 221G and it had return date of 1/15/15 @ 1pm and had administrative processing checked. he was given that his passport and a receipt of money he paid for the visa. I pray all go well with you guys. she originally told him that she would call him but if he did not hear from her to come back on the 1/15/15 date. he got a call this am that said he had been put up to 1/5/15 to come an bring the passport and paper work back

My fiance's paper said that he was ineligible to receive the visa. I am guessing it's an absolute denial. I just do not understand why they kept his paperwork even his original birth certificate. I wish you all the luck in the world. Now I am looking to save some money to get a lawyer and possibly just go ahead and get married in court in Haiti and file the I 130. On a half funny, half serious note, I wish they would refund me some of the money I spent since I did get approved.

Good luck

Update of my case:

Thank God, we had a good experience in the POE in Dec 17, not harassment at all in the airport. Now we are together starting our life together, thanks to everyone for the help and support.

Good luck to everyone and keep strong!

Best regards

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 was filled online.

Timeline

wonderful marita congrats!!! To those who recently received news about their petition not going through I am so sorry to hear this! I wish you the best of luck with whatever alternative method of your choosing. Don't give up and know that your relationship will be blessed. best wishes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

julie+Matt my fiance has his UK police certificate, i hope it is the long version? Or what the embassy wants and needs. these things are so frustrating. still waiting on the ghana one although it was just a week ago he sent the stuff.

i guess I should tell my fiance when he goes to ensure that they give him back his police certificates. the ghanian embassy in london told him to bring the certificate to them once he receives it so that they can authenticate it. i guess make it more official.

i will also ask him if he got the full police certificate. hope so

Just to clarify, he only needs the one that says "no trace" however, if it says "no live trace" meaning he had some sort of misdeamenor at some point, he'll need to contact acpo and pay 10 pounds for the one with more info or he'll be temporarily denied (I saw a forum post about this that is recent). From what I've read, Knightsbridge never forgets to return the police certificate…but they did in Matt's case. It was a fluke, but it happened. He had an envelope with all the paperwork they handed back to him and it wasn't in there. We also did a search online and both of us somehow saw that the doctor's send it over (I have no idea how we both found that information when it's clearly false). So, just have him double check that they returned the certificates to him when he leaves his medical, and he'll be fine:)

Luckily for us, the man at Acpo was incredibly nice and sent out his police certificate with the afternoon post assuring it would arrive at the embassy on monday or tuesday. It's also addressed with an internal address for the Visa department, so hopefully she looks at it soon. I'll be obsessively checking his CEAC status over the next few days.

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Timeline

My fiance's paper said that he was ineligible to receive the visa. I am guessing it's an absolute denial. I just do not understand why they kept his paperwork even his original birth certificate. I wish you all the luck in the world. Now I am looking to save some money to get a lawyer and possibly just go ahead and get married in court in Haiti and file the I 130. On a half funny, half serious note, I wish they would refund me some of the money I spent since I did get approved.

Good luck

thank you so much and I wish you two the best in whatever path you decide to take after this. Stay determined an focused an through God grace everything will work out fine !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

entonces brigettemarg ya esta tiempo para preparar los documentos para la entrevista. puedes hacer la DS160 . pueses ir a la sitia www.ceac.state.gov y hacer la DS160. despues haga la cita para su medico, deberias tener certificados de la policia de todos paises ha vivido. si donde estas es el unico todo esta bien. despues llene la forma que dice estas lista para la entrevista.

Hola amiga ..mi novio intento pagar y el me mando esto ..dice que els istema no lo acepta......

This is the response when i try to pay We are using the 129F application and the info you have is for a 130/married so i think it is different. I LOVE YOU AL
The National Visa Center has forwarded your file to the US Embassy/Consulate where you are applying for an immigrant visa. Any other required fees must now be paid directly at the Embassy or Consulate at the time of your interview.

Please contact the US Embassy/Consulate if you have any questions. You can find the contact information by consulting this list of US Embassy/Consulate websites.

cleardot.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Gracias amiga muchas gracias...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.