Texasav8r

If You Have Been Transferred...Please Post Here (K-1)

2,233 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update on our case:

Received approval- 11th Sept (online case tracker)

Called NVC on 26th Sept- on hold for an hour but got case number.

CEAC status- 'At NVC'

CEAC status 28th Sept- 'In transit'

As SOON as I got the case number I completed my DS 160 and booked my medical. I could basically choose my medical appt at the London Drs, they were not at all booked up.

I have also got my fiancé's affidavit support and evidence sent over here and my vaccine records etc so I am already to file my 'readiness form' as soon as the status is changed to 'ready'.

I don't know when they will be able to schedule an interview though.... it seems to vary at the London embassy...

We are also still awaiting our NOA2, will that be problematic?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

I am starting to panic!!! I am past my 5 month timeframe and still no approval or RFE. At what point do I call USCIS?

I think you should be patient ,cause many people waited longer than you did .Also should be expecting an approval soon , cause you are transferred at CSC.Good luck

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am starting to panic!!! I am past my 5 month timeframe and still no approval or RFE. At what point do I call USCIS?

I would probably call USCIS at this point, but I thought someone previously posted that although we were transferred to California USCIS would still go by Texas' timeline for our cases... Nonetheless, I don't think it hurts to call.

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/7/15

I-130 Sent: 5/29/15

NOA1: 6/2/15

NOA2 (approval): 12/01/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 12/30/15

DS-261 Submitted: 1/11/16

Paid AOS fee: 1/13/16

Paid IV fee: 1/22/16

AOS & IV Package sent: 2/3/16

NVC Scan Date: 2/5/16

Case Complete: 3/8/16

NVC email w/Interview Letter: 3/10/16

Interview Date: 4/21/16

Interview Result: Approved!!

I-751: Removing of Conditions

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

Converting out of state driver's license (MA)

http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/9oos.htm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I would probably call USCIS at this point, but I thought someone previously posted that although we were transferred to California USCIS would still go by Texas' timeline for our cases... Nonetheless, I don't think it hurts to call.

I think I am going to wait until Friday. Is just that most people that got transferred to Cali got approvals or RFE. I am afraid my application got lost in the transfer. :clock::clock::clock:

I recieved notice of my RFE on wed 8/20/14 and have not received it in the mail yet. did it take anyone else this long to receive there RFE?

You received RFE on 08/20/14?? If so, you need to escalate this because you only have I think 60 days to reply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You received RFE on 08/20/14?? If so, you need to escalate this because you only have I think 60 days to reply.

I received the text message on 8/20/2014. I just went and looked on line and it stated that it had been mailed on 8/26/14 so hopefully it is in route to me. If I dont receive it by friday im calling to see whats up

I received the text message on 8/20/2014. I just went and looked on line and it stated that it had been mailed on 8/26/14 so hopefully it is in route to me. If I dont receive it by friday im calling to see whats up

I received my RFE email/text/update on site in 9/23/14 and got the letter 9/25/14 and mailed back 9/27/14 and they received 9/29/14. On the notice it said I had until December 16 to respond just so you can have an idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

3 weeks since my NOA2 now, still hasn't reached NVC. Average time on hold with them (3 calls so far) is 45 minutes.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I can't remember if I asked this question or not but, can my fiancé petition for his police report from Ghana now or, is there a specific time frame on it per se, it can't be no more than a month old prior to his interview? I am worried it will take ages to get from there.... someone told me it has to be no more than a month old from the time of his interview but, wanted to hear other views. He was born in Scotland and left the UK when he was about 12 and lived in Ghana till about his early 20's. He can easily get his police certificate from the UK as he lives there. Any thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It should only take 3-4 days tops, it took 3 for me in Louisiana, I mean I got it on the 3rd day.

2014-05-12 I-129F Mailed
2014-05-21 NOA1:
2014-05-29 (ARN) Alien Registration Number
2014-08-11 Transfer (TSC to CSC)
2014-09-23 RFE:
2014-11-04 Denial of I-129f :cry:
2014-11-25 Married in Zhengzhou, Henan, China! (L):luv:
2015-01-08 I-130 Mailed (FedEx)
2015-01-12 I-130 Received by Chicago lockbox
2015-01-15 I-130 Check cleared bank
2015-01-13 I-130 NOA1 (Nebraska)
2015-04-17 I-130 NOA2 :dancing:
2015-04-20 Sent to NVC
2015-04-23 Received by NVC

y1OKm6.png

HLSmp8.png

iD6xm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I received my RFE email/text/update on site in 9/23/14 and got the letter 9/25/14 and mailed back 9/27/14 and they received 9/29/14. On the notice it said I had until December 16 to respond just so you can have an idea.

thanks, If I have not gotten it by tomorrow im calling early friday morning!

It should only take 3-4 days tops, it took 3 for me in Louisiana, I mean I got it on the 3rd day.

thanks if not here tomorrow im going to call early friday or when I get home from work tomorrow. I think they will still be open

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I can't remember if I asked this question or not but, can my fiancé petition for his police report from Ghana now or, is there a specific time frame on it per se, it can't be no more than a month old prior to his interview? I am worried it will take ages to get from there.... someone told me it has to be no more than a month old from the time of his interview but, wanted to hear other views. He was born in Scotland and left the UK when he was about 12 and lived in Ghana till about his early 20's. He can easily get his police certificate from the UK as he lives there. Any thoughts?

though my fiancé is not from Ghana but I think as long as its less than 6minths old it should be good.........to get a better resp once to this maybe you should consider asking this on the Ghanian forum,but I think less than 6 months should be good

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.