MandyP AUS

Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

38 posts in this topic

Thank you bunnygirl. Any tips on how you stop yourself from going crazy in that time? lol

Hmm, that was hard part, lol. I had been worked for over 11 years before moved in the US. I tried to do my best. I make myself busy otherwise I probably ended up in hospital, :P . Imagine being workaholic and suddenly stay at home alone with my two crazy cats.

I like to cook and my husband loves to eat motivated me to try new recipes. Also, I started to write my blog again since I abandoned it many years ago due my hectic work schedules. I also read on internet, watching Netflix, recently my husband and I just visited his aunty. My husband supports really helping me a lot.

The good thing that keep me in the positive vibe is my mother-in-law kept calling us and makes me feel welcome just like in my home country. She lives in Cincinnati, Ohio, and she sent stuffs for us and cats regularly. I emotionally count on them without a doubt.

When my husband filed for I-129F for me, I had no time to think about waiting time since both of us were busy. I'd checked USCIS website a few times a week. In fact, we decided to delay K-1 visa process even though we got approved for I-129F in 38 days. If you are not working during I-129F process try many activities. Go to gym, find a wedding dress or wedding rings online, meet your family and friends because you will going to miss them after you move in the US, also learn about the city where you will going to live. Do not forget to learn about marriage law because each state has their own laws. Just try to plan ahead everything and that will make you super busy, I guarantee.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

To expedite, you need to have some valid reason to speed up the process. You can't just do it because you want to; you have to show proof of financial hardship by not getting it sooner, loss of a skilled job related offer, etc. (My husband was able to expedite, too; academic jobs work on a specific time table, so we were able to show that not being able to start the position would have serious economic impacts for years. Just for example of a non-medical reason for expediting.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

To expedite, you need to have some valid reason to speed up the process. You can't just do it because you want to; you have to show proof of financial hardship by not getting it sooner, loss of a skilled job related offer, etc. (My husband was able to expedite, too; academic jobs work on a specific time table, so we were able to show that not being able to start the position would have serious economic impacts for years. Just for example of a non-medical reason for expediting.)

What about if the USC spouse is unemployed and I receive a job offer for an Admin role? or must it be a skilled job?

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

What about if the USC spouse is unemployed and I receive a job offer for an Admin role? or must it be a skilled job?

my expedite was approved based on a job offer for a part time, practically min-wage job in retail. so, IMO, it doesn't have to be a skilled job. we selected 'financial hardship' as a category and mostly played up that the company had an orientation/training in 3 weeks time and it would cause financial hardship to the company if i wasn't able to attend and had to be trained separately. we also did send in our rent statement, utility bills, etc, but my husband is employed and we were not at risk of financial hardship ourselves.

Edited by kitthekat

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

my expedite was approved based on a job offer for a part time, practically min-wage job in retail. so, IMO, it doesn't have to be a skilled job.

Cool! semi-hijack of thread :content: ahh so what if I have a job lined up pretty much already (family connections) but I just need to receive my EAD, is there a time limit I have to wait in order to expedite? Such as after biometrics etc?

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Cool! semi-hijack of thread :content: ahh so what if I have a job lined up pretty much already (family connections) but I just need to receive my EAD, is there a time limit I have to wait in order to expedite? Such as after biometrics etc?

my card has my picture (taken during biometrics appt) and fingerprint on it. i think though that EAD can be issued without fingerprints in rare cases - here is one example: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/380911-ead-card-before-fingerprints-appointment if you read further on in that thread, someone posts a quote that says EAD cards without fingerprints can still satisfy the I-9 requirements. might be worth a try. if it's denied, you can always try again after biometrics? or do an early walk-in for biometrics if possible just in case?

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sounds like you got the answer (which is good, cuz I had no clue other than what the congressional critter told us-she did emphasize skilled work and said it was because people were abusing the system, but that might be a regional thing); to answer your other question, biometrics were required for my husband to expedite. (He had already walk-in done them, and our office was cranky about it but allowed it once he explained he was expediting.)

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How long does it generally take to go the EAD? I dont think it will take me long to get a job but I'm wondering how long I can expect to be unemployable.

Hi, I have been waiting about 75 days i got an approval on friday, BUT it was only after 3 days i requested them to EXPEDITE my card. it is a long story i can explain to you over the phone if you really want to know, but i found all the info on how to expedite on the web im sure you could also, but i could explain to you in 5 min over the phone if you wanted to. i wished someone would oFfered me that when i was looking for info... the wait can and will GET YOU CRAZY.

best regards!

Dan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.