Janelle2002

Canadians deliver water to protest Detroit shutoffs

296 posts in this topic

No joke, when did you ever see a bank give away anything. Ever?

I saw it in Monopoly.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Like I said, I don't know the truth of how it worked out with the mortgage. The point of the TRUE story, is that there's a lot of people out there that feel like they are owed something for doing nothing. These gullible canucks thing they're doing something good, when in reality they're making the problem worse. People need to be held accountable. Don't pay your water bill, it gets turned off (in most places anyway) Nobody in Detroit is at risk of contacting Cholera. (That one was funny)

The more people get rewarded for doing nothing, the more of them will do exactly that. Nothing!

I remember when I first moved to Texas, I made the mistake of bringing my Texas girlfriend up to Detroit to meet some of my family. I had an uncle walk up to the both of us smiling and pointing to his new teeth. He says to both of us laughing, "Look what you bought me!" Apparently the govt. had paid for his new teeth.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Wait, what?? Didn't you apply thru VSC? They had NO approvals (on VJ anyway) thus far. You may have been one of the first, I will have to go check the ROC thread now!

My wife did it all. She applied to USICS if I am not sadly mistaken.

Well I doubt they would tell me truthfully if it didn't work out and they were forced to pay the mortgage since I came across as thinking they were trying to get away with something. (Which I still think) I have a lot of stories like that. Folks living off disability (but making sure they have enough $ to score the best weed) Timing your unemployment benefits to run out right as your eligible for Social Security. Those 99 weeks worked out quite well for that family member. Getting a gazillion $ in school loans with no way to pay them back. Seems like the disability thing is the real jackpot for some reason. They all love that one.

Most of them don't talk to me because they think I judge them (which I do) That's why when I see a story like this one about these Canadians coming across the border thinking they're doing something good for the community, I laugh my a$$ off. As I've stated before I have no issues with govt. assistance, it's when people turn it in to a career/way of life that drives me nuts.

You calling me a liar?

How does one time unemployment to run out as SS kicks in. Unemployment is for a fixed length only. In ga it is 6 Months and that is it

According to the NYT crossword puzzle, Cuba is the only country where Monopoly is outlawed...

Is that true, or a joke?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

How does one time unemployment to run out as SS kicks in. Unemployment is for a fixed length only. In ga it is 6 Months and that is it

It was 99 weeks when this particular person was collecting. It was a few years ago.

Like I said, I don't know the truth of how it worked out with the mortgage. The point of the TRUE story, is that there's a lot of people out there that feel like they are owed something for doing nothing. These gullible canucks thing they're doing something good, when in reality they're making the problem worse. People need to be held accountable. Don't pay your water bill, it gets turned off (in most places anyway) Nobody in Detroit is at risk of contacting Cholera. (That one was funny)

The more people get rewarded for doing nothing, the more of them will do exactly that. Nothing!

I remember when I first moved to Texas, I made the mistake of bringing my Texas girlfriend up to Detroit to meet some of my family. I had an uncle walk up to the both of us smiling and pointing to his new teeth. He says to both of us laughing, "Look what you bought me!" Apparently the govt. had paid for his new teeth.

Maybe we could talk them into just annexing Detroit. I would b glad to give it to them. They care more than us .It would be the right thing to do

BTW the way. For all you that think more should be done. I am posting lIB's link for you one more time .I encourage you to do the right thing .

http://detroitwaterproject.org/

It was 99 weeks when this particular person was collecting. It was a few years ago.

Darn I sure hate I missed that

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Is that true, or a joke?

True. It was a clue on the Sunday puzzle on 7/20. According to Bill Butler:

'Apparently, when Fidel Castro came to power in Cuba he banned the very popular game Monopoly, as he viewed it as a symbol of capitalism. In fact, he ordered that every copy of the game on the island be destroyed.'

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

:rofl: We know you don't. WE pointed this out already! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will try this tomorrow. See if I can convince a bank they "owe" me a house. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

True. It was a clue on the Sunday puzzle on 7/20. According to Bill Butler:

'Apparently, when Fidel Castro came to power in Cuba he banned the very popular game Monopoly, as he viewed it as a symbol of capitalism. In fact, he ordered that every copy of the game on the island be destroyed.'

Smart man. He knew what was right. He is probably laughing on his death bed right now saying, "Even I gave water to the citizens of Cuba." lol

Timeline

:rofl: We know you don't. WE pointed this out already! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will try this tomorrow. See if I can convince a bank they "owe" me a house. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jeez another one English comprehension issues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Very true.. It used to really drive me crazy (still does ). I've gone from wanting to prevent all freeloaders to finding that point on the graph where the overall cost to the public is the least amount knowing that some people are willing to go through an amazing amount of effort to sponge off of the rest of us. Some hoops have to be there to get 90% to pay up - trying to get to 100% just increases the overall cost for everyone.

But yeah - p*sses me off many peoples sense of entitlement.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect