one...two...tree

Have Certain VJ Members Designated As Guides

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
there is no reason to believe new VJers are any less capable of thinking and judging and differentiating for themselves.

If you read some of the newbie posts, you might disagree!!!!! :blink:

(not that I want to be a guide or even answer anymore questions ever)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think ultimately if someone does something based on a VJers post without verifying it, as others have said, they're not thinking straight. I have seen people take totally wrong advice ("Thank you!!!!!!!! I am so grateful for your help! I will now mail my I-129F to Tajikistan directly!!!) but they get what they deserve.

I agree with Caladan that this doesn't have much to do with a nanny-state mentality. Of course I believe that people sometimes need help through no fault of their own. But stupidity isn't like poverty; stupid isn't something we can help with, and it's not going to change. If you are too stupid to figure out whose advice to even consider, and then to look into it on your own, then god save you, you need a lawyer or someone else to help you. Making special titles for some isn't going to save those people.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Steven, I think you're trying to reinvent the wheel here.

I mean 'revere' and 'elders'...come on now, it's a messageboard not an ancient tribe.

:lol:

careful lisa, you might get voted off the island :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Steven, I think you're trying to reinvent the wheel here.

I mean 'revere' and 'elders'...come on now, it's a messageboard not an ancient tribe.

:lol:

careful lisa, you might get voted off the island :P

hah, if that was poss, I'd already have been ;)

there is no reason to believe new VJers are any less capable of thinking and judging and differentiating for themselves.

If you read some of the newbie posts, you might disagree!!!!! :blink:

(not that I want to be a guide or even answer anymore questions ever)

I agree Kit... I haven't been 'regular' since David arrived, but when I have come back her to see what's up, I've been amazed at some of the posts/answers. It is clear that some of the 'regulars' are infrequent posters these days.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

kitkat,

Having read some of the old timers posts, I agree with Gupt. But I would have worded it a bit differently.

Yodrak

If you read some of the newbie posts, you might disagree!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
kitkat,

Having read some of the old timers posts, I agree with Gupt. But I would have worded it a bit differently.

Yodrak

Don't leave us hanging - how WOULD you word it? :)

kitkat,

It might violate the TOS, so lets just say that many old timers never did learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yodrak

kitkat,

Yodrak

Don't leave us hanging - how WOULD you word it?

kitkat,

It might violate the TOS, so lets just say that many old timers never did learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yodrak

kitkat,

Yodrak

Don't leave us hanging - how WOULD you word it?

... and some still continue to give false information with "hit and run" speed posts that they never bother to revisit to see that they have been corrected--only to give out the same false information in some future posts. I can think of at least one that is a long-time member with many many posts (false indicator of competency) that seems to "hit and run" daily.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail