RiggerAF

First Fire Experience in My Whole Life

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While I was in the province I found people who are victims of fire very funny. Just being able to carry thier refrigerator alone and stuff like not. Well now i realize it's not funny at all. While I was posting here in VJ i was wondering what that smell was all about. Then I heard people screaming! To find out later the fire was at the back of the house I am living at. I did panic...woke my son up and took him to the neighbors house. I didn't know those people but only thing I knew was that my son was safe there. I went back to our house and took my stuff. Of all the things the first thing I carried with me in my pc and all the documents. And brought it back again to the neighbor where I left my son. I came back to get all my clothes but too late...They are already wet. Until now I am still crying. I called people whom I think could comfort me. Sad to say that I was still alone. Crying and screaming for help. I am still shaking right now. That was terrible. I just adore the firefighters who made my stuff all wet... It was amazing how over a hundred of fire trucks from all over the place helped. I am so thankful to God it's over. But right now I am still in shock and couldn't sleep.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

At least you have your priorities correct and grabbed the PC first :P

I hope you were insured. Any major event is shocking but remember possessions can be replaced much easier than people. I hope you get over it sooner rather than later and life returns to normal for you. The main thing is you are all alive and well. :D

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good you and your son are safe. As DelcoCouple said, possessions can be replaced. People can not. I would start taking pictures just in case you need them for any future questions or insurance info. What seems clear in your mind and easy to remember now will not be later on.

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Pictures and important documents, put them in a water/fire proof lockbox (me and hubby have one) just incase this ever happens again (i hope not) you can just grab your son and run. atleast the box will keep REALLY important things safe and worry-free for the moment. but uhm, like you i would have grabbed my pc :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am really cautious about fire, a result of our next-door neighbor's house catching fire when I was 8. I remember I was in the bathtub and my mom told me to run - I put on my bathrobe and ran down the street. I remember my stepdad and some of the other neighbors trying to keep the flames from spreading with hoses... my roommate is careless about leaving burning candles unattended and we are always fighting about it.

Dear RiggerAF,

I'm sorry to hear the incident of fire ... but as ive heard alot of fire incidents now in there. But i'm glad your son is safe and all of your important documents as well :thumbs: it gonna be more pain when documents get into fire... you need a long term dealing with government departments again. :blush:

But I adore you, for quick thinking for next to lift is your PC :thumbs:

Regards to your processing ... god bless more!

-rebelheart-

Edited by rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Clothes and other personal items can be replaced, people can't so it is good to hear that you are ok.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Really sorry for what you went through, and glad you're alright, but one question...why would you *ever* find the victims of fire funny??? :huh: M. ETA: not trying to be rude to you either, just found that comment a little bit odd. Like I say though, glad you're ok.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Glad to hear you are ok... easier said than done about restarting.. but .. at least the important things are still there. you your son... everything else.. just doesnt matter. does it.? Thank goodness you are ok

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

While I was in the province I found people who are victims of fire very funny.

Personally never found that funny.......glad you are ok....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Really sorry for what you went through, and glad you're alright, but one question...why would you *ever* find the victims of fire funny??? :huh: M. ETA: not trying to be rude to you either, just found that comment a little bit odd. Like I say though, glad you're ok.

BEFORE WHEN I WAS IN THE PROVINCE and watching news at tv I found people funny SEEING A LADY carrying her 2 door fridge ALONE. I also told myself that if ever it's going to happen to me I wouldn't care about my stuff but save ourselves. But no, I was wrong...I was so worried that when after the fire we don't have any clothes to wear anymore.I wasn't happy but what made me laugh was seeing people carrying heavy stuff and when the fire is over they all asked thierselves how they did it. It was my experience last night 2 roller bags 50 pounds each. I tried to carry it outside altogether even they are already wet. When the fire was over. I couldn't even carry one.

Edited by RiggerAF

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received