Turbota

Question about Check Cashed / Date Notified >

9 posts in this topic

I understand that if your N-400 has been accepted, you will normally get an email or a text message stating so. Additionally, you will get an official letter (I-797) in the mail stating that your case was accepted.

1. If they cash your check, is that a good indication that they will accept your case, and sooner or later send you the I-797 stating so?

2. If they don't accept your case for some reason, will they give you back the $680 you sent them .... even though they have already cashed your check?

The reason I ask this is that I read somewhere that someone's N-400 was [not] accepted and they got there check back because of it .... But, if they cashed your check already, they certainly can't send your original check back to you.

Naturalization (3-year marriage rule)

07 / 08 / 14 .. ..N-400 Application Sent
07 / 21 / 14
.. ..Case Acceptance Letter Received

07 / 26 / 14 .. ..Biometrics Notification Letter Received

08 / 06 / 14 .. ..Biometrics Complete
09 / 09 / 14 .. . .Interview Notification Letter Received

10 / 14 / 14 .. ..Interview Complete .(requested additional documentation)
11 / 04 / 14
.. ..Supervisory Review of Case

11 / 28 / 14 .. . Oath Ceremony Letter Received

12 / 05 / 14 . . . Oath Ceremony Complete ... New US Citizen !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Yes. That doesn't mean you will be approved, just that your paperwork is sufficient for them to start processing the case.

2. If they don;t accept, they will send everything back, including check. It is much more likely that they either send you an RFE for clarification/ evidence, or deny your accepted case, in which case no money back.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

1. Yes. That doesn't mean you will be approved, just that your paperwork is sufficient for them to start processing the case.

2. If they don;t accept, they will send everything back, including check. It is much more likely that they either send you an RFE for clarification/ evidence, or deny your accepted case, in which case no money back.

Thanks for the info.

If they do deny your case, I guess that happens during or after the interview?

The reason I was asking these questions is that looking at other people that have sent in there N-400 in the early part of July, these people have already received a text message / email or an I-797.

In my wife's case, Dallas received her N-400 on July 11 and cashed her check on July 16 .... but she has not received anything at all stating that her case has been accepted.

Edited by Turbota

07 / 21 / 14

11 / 04 / 14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Did you send the form to receive text/email messages with your N-400? I believe it's the G-1145. If you didn't, then they won't notify you by text/e-mail. You'll have to wait for your NOA to arrive by mail, and then you can sign up at the USCIS website with the case number to get texts/emails when you have an update on your application.

If the check was cashed on July 16 you should be getting your NOA in the mail by the end of this week.

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Thanks alix .... My wife never included a separate form with her email address or cell phone number on it ... but, she did put her email address and phone number on the N-400 where it was required.

Had no idea there was a separate form you needed to send them (even when your email address and cell phone number are already on the N-400).

Ron,

07 / 21 / 14

11 / 04 / 14

I just looked over the N-400 instructions again ... Nowhere did I read that there is a separate form you need to fill out in order to be contacted via email or text message.

In fact .... "Part 3 - Information to Contact You" it says "Provide your current telephone number as well as your current e-mail address"

07 / 21 / 14

11 / 04 / 14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks alix .... My wife never included a separate form with her email address or cell phone number on it ... but, she did put her email address and phone number on the N-400 where it was required.

Had no idea there was a separate form you needed to send them (even when your email address and cell phone number are already on the N-400).

Ron,

It's on the N-400 link... last line pasted below.

This is only for the initial notification. Once you receive your acceptance notice in the mail, you'll be able to set up notifications using your case number.

http://www.uscis.gov/n-400

N-400, Application for Naturalization

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Thanks for the info ...

Well, I guess my question is irrelevant now ... Just went out to the mailbox and the I-797C form was there. I guess it's the 'Application Number' shown on this form is what my wife would use to check on the status of her case?

07 / 21 / 14

11 / 04 / 14

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the info ...

Well, I guess my question is irrelevant now ... Just went out to the mailbox and the I-797C form was there. I guess it's the 'Application Number' shown on this form is what my wife would use to check on the status of her case?

That's right.

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.