sscoup

Between I-29F and ajudication

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, all. Great site... but so much info to process. We filed our I-29F in April, got the lockbox receipt, and then a notification of the alien number in the first week of May. We also know that the petition is being processed in CA. I'm seeing an average 5-month wait on the USCIS website, but a much shorter average on VJ.com. It's exciting to think it could be shorter... what is everyone's experience?

Filed: Timeline

Hi, all. Great site... but so much info to process. We filed our I-29F in April, got the lockbox receipt, and then a notification of the alien number in the first week of May. We also know that the petition is being processed in CA. I'm seeing an average 5-month wait on the USCIS website, but a much shorter average on VJ.com. It's exciting to think it could be shorter... what is everyone's experience?

Our I-129F is also being processed at California Service Center. We got NOA1 on May 30th 2014, since then we haven't heard anything back. I keep checking the USCIS online status daily but it still says "initial review". So not everybody gets their NOA2 reaaaally fast at CSC.

I'm not worried though because having seen Igor's list there are still a lot of petitions at CSC from April and May that haven't been approved yet. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

Also I've heard that the Philippines petitions are still getting expedited, maybe this is the cause of some delays at CSC.

Keep your head up, I'm sure you will soon get your NOA2. :)

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I recommend reading the guides! :guides: Take it one step at a time, that will help to prevent feeling overwhelmed. For now focus on the Noa2 - Interview stage and preparing your evidence and I-134 documents. Seeing as you're going through CSC you won't have a long wait in comparison to TSC.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes CSC is a great start when it comes to i 129f petitions. Based on our experience we filed mid April and got the NOA2 couple days before we hit our 2 month mark. Also seeing you are Philippines that is also a pretty good pace. Good luck on the Journey and please keep us updated on this Topic I created. Just all of us April Filers sharing our experiences together. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/504890-k1-april-filers-a-look-back/

April 15, 2014 : I-129F Package Sent

April 19, 2014 : I-129F Package Delivery Confirmation via USPS

April 24, 2014 - NOA1 received via email/text

April 25, 2014 - Alien Registration Number changed

April 28, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail.

May 23, 2014 - RFE received in mail.

June 5, 2014 - Response to RFE Sent

June 11, 2014 - NOA2 Approval via website!!!

June 14, 2014 - NOA2 received in mail.

June 24, 2014 - NVC Case # via phone!

June 25, 2014 - NVC forwarded case to Embassy

June 26, 2014 - Embassy received case.

June 26, 2014 - NVC letter in mail.

August 4-5, 2014 - Medical

August 6, 2014 - CFO Seminar

August 13, 2014 - VIsa Interview (Expedited)

August 19, 2014 - VISA ready for pick up!

August 20, 2014 - Packet 3 Arrived

August 26, 2014 - POE!

August 26, 2014 - Notice to schedule an Interview...

October 23, 2014 - AOS/EAD Package Sent

October 30, 2014 - NOA1 via website

November 1, 2014 - NOA1 received in mail

November 6, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Scheduled in mail

November 19, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

Yes CSC is a great start when it comes to i 129f petitions. Based on our experience we filed mid April and got the NOA2 couple days before we hit our 2 month mark. Also seeing you are Philippines that is also a pretty good pace. Good luck on the Journey and please keep us updated on this Topic I created. Just all of us April Filers sharing our experiences together. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/504890-k1-april-filers-a-look-back/

Thanks for the reply. Are you willing to share your receipt number with me? My attorney has a call in with CSC and they are willing to look at our petition in comparison to others to see what the problem might be.

Timeline

we filed march 25 and got approved april 18, also cali service center, goodluck!

Thanks for the reply. Are you willing to share your receipt number with me? My attorney has a call in with CSC and they are willing to look at our petition in comparison to others to see what the problem might be.

My attorney has a call in with CSC and they are willing to look at our petition in comparison to others to see what the problem might be.

Being approved sooner has nothing to do with petitions, there are no rules, it's totally random. Some people have to wait 15 days, others 3 months (and some others 5 months, especially those at TSC). K1 is a waiting game. :clock:

Timeline

Being approved sooner has nothing to do with petitions, there are no rules, it's totally random. Some people have to wait 15 days, others 3 months (and some others 5 months, especially those at TSC). K1 is a waiting game. :clock:

Waiting for I29F at the same processing center isn't random. They've offered to investigate if I can point them to receipts for petitions that have been approved faster than ours.

Waiting for I29F at the same processing center isn't random. They've offered to investigate if I can point them to receipts for petitions that have been approved faster than ours.

Ok but then how come that there are still a LOT of people at CSC (filed in April, May) who haven't been approved yet? If you click on the link that I sent above (Igor's list) you see. CSC is not all that fast.

I myself have been waiting for NOA2 since May 30th. Should I be worried too? I don't think there is anything wrong with my case. USCIS has to start somewhere, it just happened that not our petition got in their hand first.

Timeline

I can't comment on your case. I found out this morning that the pending appeal to Ohio's marriage equality laws have slowed up our case and caused a virtual denial. It hasn't been entered into the file yet, but things now in question because of this. We may be required to produce affidavits stating that we will marry in a marriage equality state such as NY or VT.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Most cases from the Philippines have been getting expedited and approved very quickly, so you might be in luck! For us, we filed early February and were approved with visa in hand end of June. We were also at the Cali Center but I still feel very lucky, as there are people that wait way longer than 6 months. It's hard to give any advice as to how long the wait will be because at times there seems there is no rhyme or reason! Some cases get left behind even though the majority of people who filed the same time as them have been approved. My best advice is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. This can be a very challenging process for some, but I assure you, it's worth it in the end!! Good luck :)

02/04/14: I-129f Sent

02/0714: I-129f Delivered

02/11/14: NOA1 Electronic Copy Received

02/1314: Alien Registration Number changed

04/21/14: NOA2 Electronic Copy Received

04/29/14: NVC Received Case / LND Number Received

05/06/14: London Received Case

05/13/14: DS-160 Submitted

05/15/14: Medial Exam

05/18/14: Readiness Form Submitted

05/22/14: Packet 3 Received

06/19/14: Interview - APPROVED!!!!

06/23/14: Visa Issued

07/28/14: POE Chicago!!!

08/18/14: Got married :)

09/17/14: AOS/EAD/AP Packet Sent

09/18/14: AOS Packet Received

09/22/14: EAD Electronic Notice of Action

11/25/14: EAD/AP Approved

12/04/14: EAD/AP Received

05/23/15: Big Reception With Both our Families!

06/26/15: Letter of Approval!

07/02/15: Greencard Arrived in Mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.