aisha1023

Now Arriving At The End of This 4 Year Journey

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
July 10th was my husbands appointment at the Cairo Embassy with the Consular Officer. We have finally reached the end of the tunnel. He was approved for his visa and offered plenty words of congratulations from the Officer( from my understanding he was a very happy man).

My husband account of his appointment:

I showed up at 7 am at the gate got in 7:30 and my name was on gate I took off my shoes and belt cuz they have too much metal to cross the gate then I put shoes in X-ray to check it might hiding something in it then got my things back and went inside the embassy. I took number and waited to be called.

A Egyptian lady working in embassy was placing files in order and put my number on my file so the Embassy officer can call me by number. The Embassy officer called my number the officer was so nice smiling man said good morning sir i replied good morning to you too sir.

He asked me if the lady give you DHL paper to Write your address on it. I told him no so he got one for me and told me write your address here, so i did. Then the officer told me put your 4 right hand fingers on the finger scanner so i after that he told me he will reactivate the visa in the next two weeks so i smiled so he told me you look so happy told him yes sir i have been 15 month in this AP ....yes i can see that ,the officer said.

He asked me which part of the state i will go told him Jax FL told me hmmm nice place i hope you enjoy living there and welcome to US. I told him thanks sir he asked me when was last time you saw your wife told him March told me so she were here recently told him yes he said okay.

It turns out that it was not a signature they needed. The appointment was for fingerprinting, DHL confirmation form for delivery of passport and Waybill number.

:dance:

Thank you G Walters for your sweet encouragement you were right. The Officer told my husband that they had to reactive his visa because it was issued but never sent to us 6 months ago.

Its has been a very long journey that started 4 years ago with a simple "hi and a simple Good Night. I can not praise Allah enough for all the blessings he has provided for me. I can finally say we can start planning for our future as husband and wife.

(F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Are u have intervew before Thais is Tani an appointment at the embassy and whether new medical examination by renewed TP before

Sorry I forever Congratulations :)

Timeline

Are u have intervew before Thais is Tani an appointment at the embassy and whether new medical examination by renewed TP before

Sorry I forever Congratulations :)

I am so sorry to hear her readiness to leave you after only being in AP for 6 months. Its truly to early to be throwing in the towel considering the time you already waited.
My husband and I was in AP for 15 months and renewed our Medical report 3 different times. The last time was only for new TB test and DS-260 confirmation page.
I am sorry to say That is nothing you can do to speed up AP. You must clear your background check and have a valid medical report before they approve and Issue visa.
You must get your wife now involved in your visa process if she is not already. I have seen lots of comments by other members saying they connected their Congress member for help. Some say it works ...other say it does not. Have you done the DS-260 online??? That is something you and your wife can work on plus it will be one less thing holding you back.
I can only speak on my experience with my Senator office these pass 6 months. I felt like you lost and alone so I had nothing to lose by contacting my Senator office for my Florida district.
He was amazing and professional. His office was able to get my case moving again, they contacted the Cairo Embassy and were able to find out that our visa was already issued 6/7 months ago.
I called the NVC and asked to speak with a supervisor to confirm this. I told them my Senator office emailed me some disheartening information about my case and the Embassy was not answering my emails( had not gotten a response in over 3 weeks). They give me her number and told me to call the next day at 130 pm.
I did....and they admitted it was true. I felt at least I had someone that could get the Embassy to respond to my questions ( The NVC could not...I tried them first.)
You and your wife must stand together and fight. Talk to each other , love each other and plan for your future together. Use this time in AP for prayer and getting your loose ends in order. You must know that you did everything possible to make it work and if she does not want to stay after that...then she was never committed to you in the first place. Sorry

Timeline

Congrats

My VisaJourney:

I'm the beneficiary

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Sep 2012 - Marriage

USCIS:
02/15/2013 - I-130 Sent
02/22/2013 - NOA1
06/07/2013 - Case transferred to Newark field office
07/12/2013 - InfoPass appointment
08/01/2013 - I-130 approved (160 Days)
08/05/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
08/19/2013 - NVC Received
08/29/2013 - Case number and INN assigned
08/31/2013 - Sent DS-3032 email template
09/04/2013 - Paid AOS bill
09/05/2013 - Submitted DS-261 online form
09/06/2013 - AOS bill showed Paid
09/16/2013 - DS-261 Received
09/17/2013 - Paid IV bill
09/18/2013 - IV bill showed Paid
09/20/2013 - Submitted DS-260 online form
09/22/2013 - Sent IV package
09/30/2013 - IV package received by NVC
10/22/2013 - IV package accepted
10/31/2013 - Sent AOS package
11/04/2013 - AOS package received by NVC
11/27/2013 - Case Complete
04/30/2014 - Interview Scheduled for Jun 11
06/11/2014 - At interview consul asked for another joint sponsor
07/10/2014 - Sent joint sponsor papers
07/17/2014 - VISA On Hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations ! I thought i have the world record when it comes to the longest time of being under AP ( 14 months) . but it seems like you guys have the new world record now (15 months) lol . I know how it feels .its really painful , and this whole process is not fair at all .Once again congratulations !!!!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Counting Down 27 hours 15 mins and I will be finally be in my husbands arms. Thank you for all the support and guidance I received here on this forum. Visa Journey is truly a valuable resource for everyone going through the immigration process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.