3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Puru/Chubbs/Hamida,

What did you guys put as a current occupation and what you would do in USA?person I was helping is Pharmacist, so we put Pharmacist as current occupation and medical/health as occupation after coming to USA. However other person who now we have to submit IV application online is not very skilked and not working currently. What should we write as a future occupation in USA?

Does three NA on summary page means case is complete? We haven't received any email about case completion from NVC just yet but see 3 NA on summary page online.

Thanks again.

Hi Sap,

It is better to answer the questions as honestly as possible, coz thy generally have every details about what the sponsor/ petitioner does in the US. As far as the unemployed person goes, put that in as well and whatever he has done so far. I doubt they would deny the visa just because he is unskilled or unemployed. The sponsor should be able to support him while he is here and thats what matters.

They say that 3 NAs means case complete, but I would wait to see the letter. Coz in my son's case nothing changed but I did receive the letter saying that the case was complete and they were forwarding it to the consulate.

Filed: Timeline

Hi Sap,

It is better to answer the questions as honestly as possible, coz thy generally have every details about what the sponsor/ petitioner does in the US. As far as the unemployed person goes, put that in as well and whatever he has done so far. I doubt they would deny the visa just because he is unskilled or unemployed. The sponsor should be able to support him while he is here and thats what matters.

They say that 3 NAs means case complete, but I would wait to see the letter. Coz in my son's case nothing changed but I did receive the letter saying that the case was complete and they were forwarding it to the consulate.

Thanks Chubbs... Did you receive case completion letter in mail or email?

We recd an email.

Thanks, we received letter via email stating that " Dear Sir/Madam, All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified." Does this mean case is complete at NVC?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks, we received letter via email stating that " Dear Sir/Madam, All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified." Does this mean case is complete at NVC?

Yes

How long does it take for them to schedule to the interview if the priority date is june 24, 2009. The case is completed.

It will be scheduled when priority date will be current. Looking at current pace your PD maybe current in April or May 2016 Visa bulletin. Case I am helping has almost same PD as yours.

Yes

Thanks Hamida!

Timeline

Hi All,

Finally, we received IL for my brother's case. Interview is scheduled on 3rd Dec at Delhi embassey. I have few questions for which I need help:

1. Does Petitioner need to travel back to U.S. before Applicant's interview?

In our case, Petitioner (mother) has not a very good record of staying in U.S, this year she stayed only 2 months and went back in Aug. She was inquired by officer at the airport when she arrived in U.S. The reason for not staying was our grandparents poor health, both expired this year. Will that create any issue during interview and should she travel first just to be safe?

2. Sould we keep Domicile documents ready in case if anything asked by officer during interview regarding Petitioner's ties to U.S?

3. What does my brother answer if he is asked that why petitioner didn't stay in U.S in past years? Should he mention about grand parents health?

4. Petitioner doesn't have any job as she is not in U.S. What should he answer if consular officer ask about petitioner's work status?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

Finally, we received IL for my brother's case. Interview is scheduled on 3rd Dec at Delhi embassey. I have few questions for which I need help:

1. Does Petitioner need to travel back to U.S. before Applicant's interview?

In our case, Petitioner (mother) has not a very good record of staying in U.S, this year she stayed only 2 months and went back in Aug. She was inquired by officer at the airport when she arrived in U.S. The reason for not staying was our grandparents poor health, both expired this year. Will that create any issue during interview and should she travel first just to be safe?

2. Sould we keep Domicile documents ready in case if anything asked by officer during interview regarding Petitioner's ties to U.S?

3. What does my brother answer if he is asked that why petitioner didn't stay in U.S in past years? Should he mention about grand parents health?

4. Petitioner doesn't have any job as she is not in U.S. What should he answer if consular officer ask about petitioner's work status?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Congrats! Is Delhi your consulate or they scheduled Delhi rather than Mumbai?

Timeline

Ours is Delhi Consulate.

Does applicant need to bring Affidavit of Support documents to the interview? and How many days prior to interview, applicant can go for medical?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.