3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sashank said:

Hello Lain,

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Thanks for confirming that the PD will remain the same. 

Could you please clarify whether I will get visa when the F3 category will become current or F2B category will become current?

Thanks again.!

What is your Priority Date?

8 hours ago, Lain said:

If you will remain in F1 it will take ~6 months to get visa, F2B ~1 year and ~7 more years for F3.

Check Visa Bulletin each month.

Thank you for the reply...I think there is some sort of difference between getting married before the Priority Date is current for F1 and getting married after the Priority Date is current for F1. I got married after my file got opened. I got letter from NVC to start the process, and after that I got married. 

It would be great if you could update me as to how this would go, based on the above information.

Thank you,

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sashank said:

Thank you for the reply...I think there is some sort of difference between getting married before the Priority Date is current for F1 and getting married after the Priority Date is current for F1. I got married after my file got opened. I got letter from NVC to start the process, and after that I got married. 

It would be great if you could update me as to how this would go, based on the above information.

Thank you,

Well, I hope, that you get married when your category was already F1(F2B can't get marry, otherwise the petition would be withdrawn). 

You had to wait, complete visa process, receive GC and only then to get married. Then you should have received your GC in ~6months, then to petition your spouse (F2A) what would have taken additional~2 years to get GC. This way would be ~3 years faster than F3, but now you just have to follow F3. Btw, this timeframe doesn't apply for Philippines and Mexico.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:24 PM, Ricdmakahintay said:

My father called NVC last month. They said they were still waiting for an interview schedule. Besides my documents completed first week of October, so thats why I'm waiting till next VB for the interview letter. Hopefully.

Hello awesome peoples. 

I have been seeking information as you since started the Immigration journey but unfortunately was nothing to share with you. I think this time I am very pleased to share something which might help you some extent. I called NVC today and got scheduled an interview. seems they started scheduling an interview for February 2018. 

Category: F2B

Priority Date: between 9th and 15th, December 2010 (You don't need to know the exact date but week is important to know)

Interview Date: between 2nd and 10th, February 2018 )

I have seen someone has gotten also on PD January, 14th, 2011. so It indicates that F2B will move at least 6 weeks in the next visa bulletin. I would suggest you to call NVC to know your interview date (if your priority date earlier than 15th of January,2011 at least). 

Note: please accept my apologies for not sharing the exact date. I don't think so that it would help you to predict your journey. 

Edited by blackhole

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, blackhole said:

Hello awesome peoples. 

I have been seeking information as you since started the Immigration journey but unfortunately was nothing to share with you. I think this time I am very pleased to share something which might help you some extent. I called NVC today and got scheduled an interview. seems they started scheduling an interview for February 2018. 

Category: F2B

Priority Date: between 9th and 15th, December 2010 (You don't need to know the exact date but week is important to know)

Interview Date: between 2nd and 10th, February 2018 )

I have seen someone has gotten also on PD January, 14th, 2011. so It indicates that F2B will move at least 6 weeks in the next visa bulletin. I would suggest you to call NVC to know your interview date (if your priority date earlier than 15th of January,2011 at least). 

Note: please accept my apologies for not sharing the exact date. I don't think so that it would help you to predict your journey. 

Where are you from?

On 12/20/2017 at 8:46 AM, Lain said:

Well, I hope, that you get married when your category was already F1(F2B can't get marry, otherwise the petition would be withdrawn). 

You had to wait, complete visa process, receive GC and only then to get married. Then you should have received your GC in ~6months, then to petition your spouse (F2A) what would have taken additional~2 years to get GC. This way would be ~3 years faster than F3, but now you just have to follow F3. Btw, this timeframe doesn't apply for Philippines and Mexico.

I received an email from NVC that the Priority Date is  20Sep2011(which is was earlier) and the Preference Category is F3.

I also got the below email after the above email:

This letter pertains to the immigrant visa petition filed on behalf of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Because of a change in your visa classification or in the dates used to begin the visa application process,
currently there are no visa numbers available for your visa category. Therefore, NVC must temporarily stop
working on this case.
The reason for this delay is that there are more applicants than there are visas available in your category. When
the priority date on your petition again matches or is earlier than the “Dates for Filing Applications” chart on the
Department of State’s Visa Bulletin, we will be able to start processing your petition. We will contact you at that
time. You do not need to take any action.
To learn which priority dates are currently eligible to be processed, review the Department of State’s online Visa
Bulletin at usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin. You will need the following information to know when your case is
again eligible for processing:
 Country of Chargeability..........INDIA
 Visa Category...........................F3 - MARRIED SONS & DAUGHTERS OF U.S. CITIZENS
 Priority Date.............................20SEP2011

Please help to suggest...

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sashank said:

I received an email from NVC that the Priority Date is  20Sep2011(which is was earlier) and the Preference Category is F3.

I also got the below email after the above email:

This letter pertains to the immigrant visa petition filed on behalf of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Because of a change in your visa classification or in the dates used to begin the visa application process,
currently there are no visa numbers available for your visa category. Therefore, NVC must temporarily stop
working on this case.
The reason for this delay is that there are more applicants than there are visas available in your category. When
the priority date on your petition again matches or is earlier than the “Dates for Filing Applications” chart on the
Department of State’s Visa Bulletin, we will be able to start processing your petition. We will contact you at that
time. You do not need to take any action.
To learn which priority dates are currently eligible to be processed, review the Department of State’s online Visa
Bulletin at usvisas.state.gov/visabulletin. You will need the following information to know when your case is
again eligible for processing:
 Country of Chargeability..........INDIA
 Visa Category...........................F3 - MARRIED SONS & DAUGHTERS OF U.S. CITIZENS
 Priority Date.............................20SEP2011

Please help to suggest...

Your category is F3 now. Currently NVC are processing PD 08 October 2005. So you still have a long wait ahead (6-7 years) till your Priority Date will become current.

16 minutes ago, Lain said:

Your category is F3 now. Currently NVC are processing PD 08 October 2005. So you still have a long wait ahead (6-7 years) till your Priority Date will become current.

But my agent (who is helping me on this case) told me that, since the marriage is done after the file got converted from F2B to F3, the file will get open when F2B category is current, even though the Preference category is F3?

Is it not true?

Thanks again for helping me on this.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sashank said:

But my agent (who is helping me on this case) told me that, since the marriage is done after the file got converted from F2B to F3, the file will get open when F2B category is current, even though the Preference category is F3?

Is it not true?

Thanks again for helping me on this.

Your agent is not telling the truth, I wouldn't trust him.

1. F2B can't get marry during pending petition time, because this category doesn't allow to include spouse as derivative. If that would have happen, petition would be automatically withdrawn and your parrents would have to petition you again as F3 with new PD.

2. You were lucky, that you've got marry when  your category was converted to F1. In this case you are transfered to F3, but your PD is remaining the same 20 September 2011, but F3 has longer wait time, because it's lower priority category.

Check Visa Bulletin and you'll see:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-january-2018.html

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/17/2017 at 8:25 PM, Jose Noel said:

Hi. f2b category from philippines here. My interview was held yesterday and fortunately my visa was approved. i just want to ask if they are going to deliver it to the mailing address you entered on your ds-260? thanks.....

Hey Jose, when was your PD?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/31/2017 at 9:12 PM, Jose Noel said:

Good day Sir Ricky. My PD is June 23, 2006 and my interview was held last November 16 and fortunately it went smoothly. 

jose, When did you complete the papers?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.