3,164 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, sunsetdolphin said:

I have read in a thread and an article before that the opt out is just highly recommended for F2B to F1 category because sometimes, F1 category takes longer wait times for visa availability. If i were you, I'd push through the opt out process. I believe it wouldn't take you long to opt out :) Good luck and God bless you with your case!

/edit/ I just re-read what you've said and I think i missed the part when you said "my mom received a letter already". I'm sorry for that. With this consideration, I think you should just push through what you are exactly doing right now and not change anything. What i've said above was just what I would do if the long process hasn't started yet, i.e. you haven't submitted ds260 or paid anything yet. I'm sorry for this confusion. But still the best assurance i can give you is through calling NVC. You can call them for free btw through the app called "Hangout" and it's legit. 

Thank you so much, Sunsetdolphin! :) I appreciate everything you have said. I will try this app. Thanks so much!;)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had the same situation as you. i was moved to F1 category back in september when i was in process of completing my documents. I am also from the philippines and was originally under f2b category. my mom got naturalized last year so i got upgraded to F1 but F1 that time is a few months behind f2b so i sent a letter to USCIS to opt out and retain my f2b category. 

i agree with jain that you should just stay on your category as f1 abd F2b has the same pd now. and if ever on the next bulletin f2b moves faster you can just send a mail to USCIS to opt out. better monitor the movement first of the bulletin before deciding to opt out.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jrvc02 said:

i had the same situation as you. i was moved to F1 category back in september when i was in process of completing my documents. I am also from the philippines and was originally under f2b category. my mom got naturalized last year so i got upgraded to F1 but F1 that time is a few months behind f2b so i sent a letter to USCIS to opt out and retain my f2b category. 

i agree with jain that you should just stay on your category as f1 abd F2b has the same pd now. and if ever on the next bulletin f2b moves faster you can just send a mail to USCIS to opt out. better monitor the movement first of the bulletin before deciding to opt out.

Hi Jrvc02! thanks! the only reason why I wanted an opt out is that I want to make sure that I can bring my 11 year old kid with me when I traveled because no one will look after him and I am a single mom. because my mom and my aunt kept saying that I cannot bring my son if I am in F1 category. If there is only an assurance that I can bring my son even if I am in an F1 category, I would gladly stay and not push thru the retention to F2b. because I don't want to complicate the process anymore because I can always wait. because my priority date is already current (PD Jan. 29, 2007). I actually don't want to get a schedule of interview without the approval that my category has been moved to F2b. but thank you also. I appreciate it so much.:)

Hi latrelmarie and jrvc. L'm also F2b 2007. I would like to ask you if you are already case complete.If you are,  have you called or email NVC if you already have your Interview letter because they are giving away Interview letters. Please update us so that we have idea of the movement of the next visa bulletin. Thanks a lot.

23 minutes ago, ajpap17 said:

Hi latrelmarie and jrvc. L'm also F2b 2007. I would like to ask you if you are already case complete.If you are,  have you called or email NVC if you already have your Interview letter because they are giving away Interview letters. Please update us so that we have idea of the movement of the next visa bulletin. Thanks a lot.

Hi. If your case is completed already, NVC will send a case-complete letter to you thru email. And if your PD is current, most probably that they will send you and interview schedule 1- 2 weeks after you receive the case complete letter.

33 minutes ago, Jose Noel said:

Hi. If your case is completed already, NVC will send a case-complete letter to you thru email. And if your PD is current, most probably that they will send you and interview schedule 1- 2 weeks after you receive the case complete letter.

Hi. Yes but even if your case complete if your not current in Chart A of visa bulletin you still have to wait. I know someone with PD of June 2007 who are case complete but still have to wait to become current. Hopefully it gets fast.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, LatrellMarie said:

Hi Jrvc02! thanks! the only reason why I wanted an opt out is that I want to make sure that I can bring my 11 year old kid with me when I traveled because no one will look after him and I am a single mom. because my mom and my aunt kept saying that I cannot bring my son if I am in F1 category. If there is only an assurance that I can bring my son even if I am in an F1 category, I would gladly stay and not push thru the retention to F2b. because I don't want to complicate the process anymore because I can always wait. because my priority date is already current (PD Jan. 29, 2007). I actually don't want to get a schedule of interview without the approval that my category has been moved to F2b. but thank you also. I appreciate it so much.:)

i'm fb1 and my 4 yr old is coming with me. As long as you send in the documents for the child and pay the money you ok.

Timeline
3 hours ago, ajpap17 said:

hi, this is the last letter I received from NVC. We completed documents already.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application. 

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance.  The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified.  Most appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation.  However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current.  This can delay receipt of an appointment.  You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable).  The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview.  For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

•    He or she is more than 16 years old;
•    The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
•    He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

Timeline

we

15 minutes ago, jamaicankim said:

i'm fb1 and my 4 yr old is coming with me. As long as you send in the documents for the child and pay the money you ok.

thank you, Jamaicankim. my mom paid for me and my son already. even before we pass and sent all the documents to NVC.  my son has been included also in the affidavit of support. we already sent all my sons documents such as birth certificate, copy of passport etc. I just hope everything will be okay. Please keep me posted regarding your status also. thank you so much. and I appreciate it.:)

21 hours ago, LatrellMarie said:

hi, this is the last letter I received from NVC. We completed documents already.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application. 

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance.  The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified.  Most appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation.  However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current.  This can delay receipt of an appointment.  You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable).  The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview.  For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

•    He or she is more than 16 years old;
•    The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
•    He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

Thats the case complete letter. When did you received that? I've read that your PD is January 2007. Please update us if you receive your Interview letter. Thank you.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ajpap17 said:

Thats the case complete letter. When did you received that? I've read that your PD is January 2007. Please update us if you receive your Interview letter. Thank you.

Hi ajpap17, I received that letter September 8, 2017. :)

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, LatrellMarie said:

Hi ajpap17, I received that letter September 8, 2017. :)

Just wondering. Have you submitted your son's DS260 if you have already paid for his fees? I suggest you call the NVC anytime now because the letter you just received is a Case Complete letter. I'm pretty sure you have an interview scheduled already. If your son's included in the interview letter, you are good to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.