sukimitch

How long does it take to make a payment of IV Fee?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We have already paid an AOS Fee $88.00 and are about to send our AOS package out. When you log into the website of an immigrant visa, AOS fee is saying "PAID" and IV fee is saying "PAY NOW". However, even though we have been trying to click and pay an IV fee, it doesnt let us pay. They don't let us do anything until they get our AOS package?? Can anybody please tell us how soon we can pay the IV fee and go to next step (Completing the DS-260)?? Thanks.

You ALWAYS should use internet explorer with CEAC. All government websites are made only to work with IE. If you manage to get them to work with other browsers that is wonderful, but they're only ever tested with IE.

The pay now usually goes away in 3-5 business days and lets you pay after that time.

AOS has nothing to do with IV.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9bvTEwLyHz1aW0yTWRqa3lqYzA/edit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

You ALWAYS should use internet explorer with CEAC. All government websites are made only to work with IE. If you manage to get them to work with other browsers that is wonderful, but they're only ever tested with IE.

The pay now usually goes away in 3-5 business days and lets you pay after that time.

AOS has nothing to do with IV.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9bvTEwLyHz1aW0yTWRqa3lqYzA/edit

Whats that supposed to mean?? I used internet explorer with CEAC and put our case number and invoice ID to try to pay IV fee. DS-261 is saying "Completed" but when I click "Pay Now" it jumped another page and saying "Total amount selected $0.00".....Im confused....good to know AOS has nothing to do with IV though...

Timeline

Just wondering...When I go check our page on CEAC, IV application is saying "N/A" with grey color and not be able to click that. Other AOS and civil documents are "N/A" with blue mark and be able to click...you think does it matter??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

OP, I think I have the same problem as you - I get the same page/message when I click on the IV's PAY NOW link, even in IE. Looking at other people's cases, it seems like some just take a while to get invoiced after the DS-261 is completed, so I'm hoping that's what is happening with my case (& possibly yours). I'm planning to wait a few more weeks (until the 30 day mark) & then try calling.
Fingers crossed that we're both able to move on to the next step soon!

California Service Center
Consulate: Tokyo Japan
2/20/2014: Got Married (Sendai, Japan)

USCIS
4/10/2014: I130 Sent
4/15/2014: NOA1; 5/5/14: NOA2
NVC
5/13/14: NVC Received Case
6/9/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned
6/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed
6/17/14: AOS Fee Paid
6/23/14: AOS Package Sent
7/30/14: IV Fee Paid; 7/30/14: IV Package Sent
8/3/14: DS-260 Completed
8/21/14: Checklist for AOS (Response sent same day)
8/26/14 Medical
10/17/14: Case Complete (Checklist for sponsor, but am able to bring fixed AOS to interview)
11/3/14: Interview Scheduled; 11/6/14: Case status changed to "In Transit"
11/10/14: Case status changed to "Ready"; Sent request for earlier appointment date
11/14/14: Reply from embassy - denied request to change interview date; Sent direct appeal email
11/19/14: Received response email; Interview changed from 12/29 to 12/1!
12/1/14: Interview at Consulate (I forgot the medical results, ahhh! They allowed us to mail them in.)
12/11/14: Visa in hand & Immigrant Visa Fee paid
12/19/14: POE (Vancouver)

ROC
10/17/2016: I-751 Packet Sent; 10/19/2016: I-751 Packet Delivered
10/27/2016: I-797 NOA received, but last name was spelled incorrectly
11/30/2016: Called USCIS to have name corrected
12/5/2016: Still have not received Biometrics letter. Put in service request at USCIS.

12/9/2016: Received Biometrics letter.

12/21/2016: Biometrics - name had been correctly changed, and all the workers were courteous.

11/28/2017: Infopass appointment for I-551 stamp.

4/2/2018: RFE email notice; 4/6/2018: RFE letter received

4/9/2018: RFE response sent; 4/11/2018: Received at USCIS

4/27/2018: USCIS update - "New card is being produced"

5/12/2018: Green card received 

Same boat for my son's iv fee. Called NVC twice and same anwser I got is need to wait 30 business days since the day you submitted your form ds261. Hope this helps. :)

Timeline

OP, I think I have the same problem as you - I get the same page/message when I click on the IV's PAY NOW link, even in IE. Looking at other people's cases, it seems like some just take a while to get invoiced after the DS-261 is completed, so I'm hoping that's what is happening with my case (& possibly yours). I'm planning to wait a few more weeks (until the 30 day mark) & then try calling.

Fingers crossed that we're both able to move on to the next step soon!

Yea thats exactly what happened to me too! I thought they wouldnt take this much longer to let me pay and go to next step! When is your 30 days mark going to be?? Are you going to have an interview at Tokyo? Really hope we can have another step and go to the States though...been waiting too long.

Timeline

Same boat for my son's iv fee. Called NVC twice and same anwser I got is need to wait 30 business days since the day you submitted your form ds261. Hope this helps. :)

I though they would let me pay right away...we wait 30 business days for paying the IV fee and they will take another 30 business days after they received out IV package?? I heard their work will be much quicker than USCIS once our case moved to NVC...Oh well..Thank you for your word! Good to know I have some people having the same situation like me.

That's right. Once iv docs sent, 30 business days to review and got case complete, then 1-3 months to have the appointment date for interview. So its all about waiting, we'll get there in time. :))

Whats that supposed to mean?? I used internet explorer with CEAC and put our case number and invoice ID to try to pay IV fee. DS-261 is saying "Completed" but when I click "Pay Now" it jumped another page and saying "Total amount selected $0.00".....Im confused....good to know AOS has nothing to do with IV though...

Sorry for not quoting the poster above me who said to try IE. I was on my phone at the time and it's annoying.

I had 3-5 days of waiting to pay the IV fee as well after it showed Pay now. I just kept trying until I could.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yea thats exactly what happened to me too! I thought they wouldnt take this much longer to let me pay and go to next step! When is your 30 days mark going to be?? Are you going to have an interview at Tokyo? Really hope we can have another step and go to the States though...been waiting too long.

Our 30 days will be on July 15th - I'm really hoping that we're able to pay the fee before then. (>o<) Yeah, the interview will be in Tokyo for us! We live in Sendai, so we're planning to make it a small vacation to go down there.

Have you had any updates on being able to pay the fee?

California Service Center
Consulate: Tokyo Japan
2/20/2014: Got Married (Sendai, Japan)

USCIS
4/10/2014: I130 Sent
4/15/2014: NOA1; 5/5/14: NOA2
NVC
5/13/14: NVC Received Case
6/9/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned
6/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed
6/17/14: AOS Fee Paid
6/23/14: AOS Package Sent
7/30/14: IV Fee Paid; 7/30/14: IV Package Sent
8/3/14: DS-260 Completed
8/21/14: Checklist for AOS (Response sent same day)
8/26/14 Medical
10/17/14: Case Complete (Checklist for sponsor, but am able to bring fixed AOS to interview)
11/3/14: Interview Scheduled; 11/6/14: Case status changed to "In Transit"
11/10/14: Case status changed to "Ready"; Sent request for earlier appointment date
11/14/14: Reply from embassy - denied request to change interview date; Sent direct appeal email
11/19/14: Received response email; Interview changed from 12/29 to 12/1!
12/1/14: Interview at Consulate (I forgot the medical results, ahhh! They allowed us to mail them in.)
12/11/14: Visa in hand & Immigrant Visa Fee paid
12/19/14: POE (Vancouver)

ROC
10/17/2016: I-751 Packet Sent; 10/19/2016: I-751 Packet Delivered
10/27/2016: I-797 NOA received, but last name was spelled incorrectly
11/30/2016: Called USCIS to have name corrected
12/5/2016: Still have not received Biometrics letter. Put in service request at USCIS.

12/9/2016: Received Biometrics letter.

12/21/2016: Biometrics - name had been correctly changed, and all the workers were courteous.

11/28/2017: Infopass appointment for I-551 stamp.

4/2/2018: RFE email notice; 4/6/2018: RFE letter received

4/9/2018: RFE response sent; 4/11/2018: Received at USCIS

4/27/2018: USCIS update - "New card is being produced"

5/12/2018: Green card received 

Timeline

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="pikushi" data-cid="7100137" data-time="1403949941">pikushi, on 28 Jun 2014 - 7:05 PM, said:<p> Our 30 days will be on July 15th - I'm really hoping that we're able to pay the fee before then. (>o

Edited by sukimitch

Timeline

Our 30 days will be on July 15th - I'm really hoping that we're able to pay the fee before then. (>o<) Yeah, the interview will be in Tokyo for us! We live in Sendai, so we're planning to make it a small vacation to go down there.

Have you had any updates on being able to pay the fee?

I haven't been able to pay the fee yet...it's been 30 days since I have done my DS-261. Probably I should call them and ask what's going on....

I haven't been able to pay the fee yet...it's been 30 days since I have done my DS-261. Probably I should call them and ask what's going on....

:time:

30 days or 30 business days? Never include weekends with the NVC when counting "days". They don't work weekends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.