UncleBeer

Gallup: Two in Three Americans Disapprove of Obama on Immigration

173 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So what's your opinion now?

My opinion is the same as it was last year when DACA was first announced. That it was a political move by Obama to do two things:

1. Appease the Hispanic voting base.

2. Ensure a Democrat voting majority for the future.

I predicted then (rightly so) that this would cause a massive influx of underage illegal immigrants.

ETA: I'm rarely right about anything (Just ask my wife)

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I guess the point is that IMO Obama's DACA policy is directly responsible for the current crisis concerning these underage kids crossing the border illegally. Now people can bury their head in the sand if they want to and ignore facts by making blanket statements like "it's been a problem for years, what's the big deal?" Even black leaders have come out against Obama concerning this policy (which they almost never do) because they rightly know that the these newly minted Democrats will be competing for jobs with other minorities when the black unemployment rate is sky high already.

There are black people that disagree with Obama, we aren't a monolith. They just don't fixate on the man as much as the people that hate him.

The unemployment rate for black people have been sky high way before this issue. There's another reason for this.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

There are black people that disagree with Obama, we aren't a monolith. They just don't fixate on the man as much as the people that hate him.

The unemployment rate for black people have been sky high way before this issue. There's another reason for this.

Right, exactly my point. The black unemployment rate is already sky high, why go and add more competition for jobs that are already scarce? To expand your political base, that's why.

Right, exactly my point. The black unemployment rate is already sky high, why go and add more competition for jobs that are already scarce? To expand your political base, that's why.

From what I've seen, they're not going after jobs most black people apply for. If I remember correctly, someone got into trouble for saying such.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

From what I've seen, they're not going after jobs most black people apply for. If I remember correctly, someone got into trouble for saying such.

I didn't realize black people apply for certain jobs. That seems like a pretty racist statement to me.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh dear. You really need to work on your lateral thinking.

There's a demand for illegal labour because employers don't have to pay them very much. These are cash in hand, low wage jobs that barely meet the cost of living.

Timeline

Oh dear. You really need to work on your lateral thinking.

There's a demand for illegal labour because employers don't have to pay them very much. These are cash in hand, low wage jobs that barely meet the cost of living.

Are you replying to me or Marvin? I'd think after all this time here, you'd know how to use the quote function. Why don't you work on that and then come back and give advice on "lateral thinking"

If you look at the poster, you'd realize there was never going to be a logical discussion about the topic. When it comes to Obama and certain members, it's best to just leave it alone. The sole purpose of this thread was to slam the POTUS, period. It doesn't matter that this issue has been raging for 30 years, nor that other presidents before or even after won't do anything about it. Injecting rationale and common sense won't work because the ones who hate him refuse to see it any other way.

You'd have a better chance of going to Fox News or MSNBC and asking them to praise/slander Obama(respectively).

For once you are dead on balls accurate. This issue along with the VA scandal has been raging 30+ years. There are a long list of Republicans and democrats to blame.

However what you are missing is that, it worse than ever before, obama has not only not addressed the issue, he has thrown gasoline on it by offering pseudo amenity to millions, using the justice dept to go after states who actually tried to enforce the laws of the US, and by using abusing his executive powers to order our own federal agencies not to enforce the law. He is the current President, he is the leader, he is in the bully pulpit right now, he is the one that has made it worse.

But just tell the truth. In your World I should not criticize Obama about this mess, because the President 7 years ago did not do a good job of addressing it.

Yeah that's it Marvin that is just messed up

While the issue has been raging for 30 years, you don't make it better by instituting policies which encourage more illegal immigration, which is exactly what Obama has done.

Exactly, and yes Bush, Clinton,Bush, and Reagen did not fix it it either. But they are not our leader now so I am not sure why that is sooo important in this argument. Nothing I can do about that. the problem is worse than ever and Obama is using exectuive orders to encourage more of it. Yet I should attack Bush.. Brilliant

So you speaking for all black people.. Funny when anyone else does that you get your 500 lb shoulder chip all out of alignment

Can you imagine what it would do not only for the stagnant wage issue but also for unemployment if most of the illegals left ?

What kind of jobs do most Black people apply for? Is it the kind that most white people would rather hire a convicted ax murder for ?

Generalizations suck don't that ?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Are you replying to me or Marvin? I'd think after all this time here, you'd know how to use the quote function. Why don't you work on that and then come back and give advice on "lateral thinking"

Why don't you stop personalising your every response to me? Start with that. If you can't do that, then maybe this forum isn't the place for you?

The point is surely that the economic divide in the United States is as much a class divide as a racial divide. There are statistics that show quite clearly that in the US blacks and hispanics are more likely to experience poverty. What jobs do you think illegal immigrants are doing that are taking unemployment away from racial minority USCs?

But none of them made extravagant and explicit campaign promises concerning the VA, as Obama did. "Campaigner in chief" sounds pretty apt (unfortunately).

I agree and I am not using it to justify Obama. I am just pointing out that this is the only defense these people have in defense of the terrible job Obama is doing.

Ok Bush sucked. Got ya. He ain't President anymore so what does that have to do with it.

Obama ran on change ,transparency . open Gov't, restoring the dignity of the Executive office and . Specifically said he would restore the constitution and not use signing statements and executive orders, like Bush did .

Guess what. He saw Bush and doubled down. He has done every bad thing Bush did, but has done it to the 10th power. However oddly enough.. It's ok now

Timeline

Why don't you stop personalising your every response to me? Start with that. If you can't do that, then maybe this forum isn't the place for you?

The point is surely that the economic divide in the United States is as much a class divide as a racial divide. There are statistics that show quite clearly that in the US blacks and hispanics are more likely to experience poverty. What jobs do you think illegal immigrants are doing that are taking unemployment away from racial minority USCs?

You tell me to not personalize a response to you, and then you turn around a personalize a response to me in the same post. Awesome!!! (L)

For once you are dead on balls accurate. This issue along with the VA scandal has been raging 30+ years. There are a long list of Republicans and democrats to blame.

However what you are missing is that, it worse than ever before, obama has not only not addressed the issue, he has thrown gasoline on it by offering pseudo amenity to millions, using the justice dept to go after states who actually tried to enforce the laws of the US, and by using abusing his executive powers to order our own federal agencies not to enforce the law. He is the current President, he is the leader, he is in the bully pulpit right now, he is the one that has made it worse.

But just tell the truth. In your World I should not criticize Obama about this mess, because the President 7 years ago did not do a good job of addressing it.

Yeah that's it Marvin that is just messed up

There's nothing wrong with criticizing him. But be clear. Here, it's more or less bashing him senseless rather than the actual problem. Anytime you say he the worst president of all time and your name isn't Conner or Duncan Mccleod, your statement is silly.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg