UncleBeer

Gallup: Two in Three Americans Disapprove of Obama on Immigration

173 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What's delusional about pointing out that there is no concerted political effort to tackle illegal immigration and hasn't been for at least the last 30 years?

Stick to the topic please.

Ha ha! I agree with you. This is hilarious!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's funny that even the OP has gone off topic in his own thread. Not because anything that I'm saying in the thread is wrong, off topic or inherently objectionable but because he doesn't like me.

They ignore me but make a point to make sure that I know they're ignoring me... Cause that's logical (and mature).

How old are these guys exactly? At least one of them is on the young side of 50. Hilarious!

And then pointing out facts relevant to the topic is apparently delusional? Yet noone will say why.

Edited by Papa Lazarou

It's funny that even the OP has gone off topic in his own thread. Not because anything that I'm saying in the thread is wrong, off topic or inherently objectionable but because he doesn't like me.

They ignore me but make a point to make sure that I know they're ignoring me... Cause that's logical (and mature).

How old are these guys exactly? At least one of them is on the young side of 50. Hilarious!

And then pointing out facts relevant to the topic is apparently delusional? Yet noone will say why.

If you look at the poster, you'd realize there was never going to be a logical discussion about the topic. When it comes to Obama and certain members, it's best to just leave it alone. The sole purpose of this thread was to slam the POTUS, period. It doesn't matter that this issue has been raging for 30 years, nor that other presidents before or even after won't do anything about it. Injecting rationale and common sense won't work because the ones who hate him refuse to see it any other way.

You'd have a better chance of going to Fox News or MSNBC and asking them to praise/slander Obama(respectively).

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Oh I realise that, but now those posters appear petty minded and childish I think I've underlined that point fairly well!

They aren't interested in the topic, just a hate-on for Obama.

Edited by Papa Lazarou

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you look at the poster, you'd realize there was never going to be a logical discussion about the topic. When it comes to Obama and certain members, it's best to just leave it alone. The sole purpose of this thread was to slam the POTUS, period. It doesn't matter that this issue has been raging for 30 years, nor that other presidents before or even after won't do anything about it. Injecting rationale and common sense won't work because the ones who hate him refuse to see it any other way.

You'd have a better chance of going to Fox News or MSNBC and asking them to praise/slander Obama(respectively).

While the issue has been raging for 30 years, you don't make it better by instituting policies which encourage more illegal immigration, which is exactly what Obama has done.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Oh I realise that, but now those posters appear petty minded and childish I think I've underlined that point fairly well!

We all know it. It's why I try to stay out of those threads. The mentality now is if you can't beat them, ignore them. That's the only way they can win the argument. It's rather sad actually. The most rude and condescending members are the most frail.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Congratulations on the good job, that YOU think you're doing.

They aren't interested in the topic, just a hate-on for Obama.

Please stay on topic.

While the issue has been raging for 30 years, you don't make it better by instituting policies which encourage more illegal immigration, which is exactly what Obama has done.

I didn't say he was right. I pointed out that it's been an issue for a long time. Just like the VA problems. Here folks are more than willing to say Obama has screwed up the VA, but it's been messed up for quite some time now.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Reagan gave amnesty didn't he?

You may want to read the thread I posted earlier as it contradicts what you are saying above.

Timeline

I didn't say he was right. I pointed out that it's been an issue for a long time. Just like the VA problems. Here folks are more than willing to say Obama has screwed up the VA, but it's been messed up for quite some time now.

I guess the point is that IMO Obama's DACA policy is directly responsible for the current crisis concerning these underage kids crossing the border illegally. Now people can bury their head in the sand if they want to and ignore facts by making blanket statements like "it's been a problem for years, what's the big deal?" Even black leaders have come out against Obama concerning this policy (which they almost never do) because they rightly know that the these newly minted Democrats will be competing for jobs with other minorities when the black unemployment rate is sky high already.

Edited by Karee

Timeline

Reagan gave amnesty didn't he?

So what. Who cares? He was wrong to do it. Clearly it didn't work. You'd think subsequent presidents would learn from their predecessor's mistakes. Apparently not.

Timeline

Read the news dude! The administration is changing it's stance.

So what. Who cares? He was wrong to do it. Clearly it didn't work. You'd think subsequent presidents would learn from their predecessor's mistakes. Apparently not.

So as I said earlier, why do you think this is and who is going to push for change?